Jan 12, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Just when I thought my season couldn't get any worse... :nailbiting:

• Funny
Reactions: Raven

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Most streesful week of my life+ a track i'm naturally **** at where qualifying, in which apparently im also **** at, is the most important skill.
Should be a good one, really looking forward to it.

• Kappa
Reactions: n0body_

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
*Edit* Scratch that, I just tried to do some laps and I'm way too tired for this race. I also have a blister on my toe from the stints in my 24 hour race last night and I would be a liability of missing my braking tonight.

Good luck gentleman and now I go back to bed where I should have been hours ago.

Last edited:

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
What the **** was that?

I'm running in a net P6 on the last lap and suddenly @Jarl Teien's car decides to go crawling speed from the chicane onwards, then at the second pool chicane floors it into the wall, spinning me around and dropping me to P10.

Not to mention his car being on top of others for the whole race and him "overtaking" me at Mirabeau, which consisted of him driving into the wall blocking my path and losing me a place.

After 39 laps of dealing with screen freezes and faster cars behind me, that is the biggest ****-take I can imagine.

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Well that wasn't easy... had to drive ~30 laps with 2 warnings and trying not to get one more, so after that I just drove super carefully, also tried to look after the rear tyres as much as possible. Annoyingly I spun on my out lap with super softs whilst trying a different strategy, lost a lot of time from that and possibly could've got through the traffic, though most likely no chance here at Monaco. :p

In the end it probably didn't make too much difference as the top 4 were quite far ahead, so I'll settle for P6... got lucky with other guys having issues afterall. Grats to those in the top 4!

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
Lets keep this short
Qualifying: Did good first lap and on the end l just didn't managed to do my pb 1.09.4.
Race: Had to try something different and in practice l liked softs and knew they will be alright at the end.

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
That's what i'm going to call a race of 2 halves.

Q: P2 | Don't even begin to ask me where that lap came from. My best in practice was a 1:09.8, so me putting in that lap was an absolute miracle.

R: P8 | Now the terrible bit. Bottled the start, but I don't think it mattered in the long run because I would never have had the pace to keep up with the front 4. Held off @NonRunner for a few laps, even if I did have a completely desynced @Jarl Teien to deal with (That's what all the "Defending" into the swimming pool chicane was about) until he came into the pits. Stayed out a couple extra laps which proved to be the wrong descision as I got jumped by about 4-5 people. Spent the rest of the race staring at @Slickk and finally got passed him into mirabeau when he made a mistake. Ended up in P8 after my 6 seconds of penalties were applied from P6 (Yes, 6 seconds.) Happy to get my first points in F1 but unhappy because it *probably* should've been P5 at the end of the day. Grats to @ESR Leigh for a great debut. maybe we can make a late push for the constructors title

Last edited:
Reactions: Timp

Jarl Teien

Junior Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Not a clue what happend for me, starting p7 or whatever and I see @n0body_ with an X over his car and turned in to an AI rest of the race but he was solid the entire time. Lap 1 for me the AI was weaving left and right on the straights and wouldnt ghost, every 3 laps after that the AI would be parked on the racing line still solid with me having to literally loose 1-2 seconds each time avoiding this.

The very last lap he was parked in the swimmingpool area and I couldnt avoid him thats why there was a huge crash last lap :<
Looks like @n0body_ had the same issues like me.

Last edited:

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Quali: completely bottled it, PB was a 1:09.7 but only put one lap in and it was my first one being a 1:10.4 i think for P13

Race: considered going SS -US but instead went for the undercut strategy pitting super early and pushing with rich revs until everyone had pitted to get track position, managed to jump about 6 cars to get up to 5th place but was -3.5 laps on fuel so was just trying to save as much fuel as possible and make sure to keep @NonRunner behind, which i was able to do to somehow take home a P5

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
Quali: completely bottled it, PB was a 1:09.7 but only put one lap in and it was my first one being a 1:10.4 i think for P13

Race: considered going SS -US but instead went for the undercut strategy pitting super early and pushing with rich revs until everyone had pitted to get track position, managed to jump about 6 cars to get up to 5th place but was -3.5 laps on fuel so was just trying to save as much fuel as possible and make sure to keep @NonRunner behind, which i was able to do to somehow take home a P5
You were 1.5seconds from me and suddenly you started dropping like 1 second in a lap was that just you saving tyres/fuel because you could have catched me

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
You were 1.5seconds from me and suddenly you started dropping like 1 second in a lap was that just you saving tyres/fuel because you could have catched me
I was catching you when running rich the whole lap and pushing then i started running lean the whole lap was saving tyres, trying not to put it into the wall and defending into mirabeau and rascasse basically every lap, so started going about 1.5 seconds a lap slower