Jan 14, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Lamp
- @Wenkaz
- @MAGNUSSEN
- (@Flips)

Last edited:

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Monaco!
I’ve always done reasonably well at street circuits, so I hope this race will finally give me my first points. Eventhough that’ll probably still be quite difficult, especially if we have a(n almost) full grid.

Looking forward to the race though! And for the first time in ages, I have got some spare time to practice and play around with a setup & strategy.

Jipper

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Should be fun, but from past experience its going to be a waste of time for more htan half the grid, and the rest will be stuck behind someone they cant overtake anywhere, and the few will be smashed into by other drivers as there's no space, and blue flags are a waste of time.

Ahhh monaco :D

Sep 3, 2017
There's a typo in the title. "Crash" Grand Prix would be better suited for this one. Or even "Points guaranteed if you even get close to finishing" Grand Prix

I just hope it won't be me who crashes...

Flips

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Best Team Radio of Monaco
"OK, I'm gonna pee in your seat!"
Looking forward to the historic Monaco this Sunday! Take care until then.
[DOUBLEPOST=1510754488][/DOUBLEPOST]
I won’t be here for this one guys
*this means that I can catch @Lamp in the championship standings, thank you God!*

Jipper

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
I see this is going to be an interesting race, When someone is bitter about accidents in a previous race...

Snarf Snarf

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 4 Champion
Jul 31, 2014
I see this is going to be an interesting race, When someone is bitter about accidents in a previous race...

You seem to feel this was done on purpose by your comment
Firstly, there is no bitterness towards you Jipper, and if you do think there is then I apologize and let me assure you there really isn't any.

But lets get things right...
It wasn't the best idea you were trying to do when rejoining the track in the manner that you did. After you out braked yourself into turn one, having left the track, trying to rejoin the track squeezing your front end into a gap that just wasn't there as other cars were going around turn one 2 cars wide. Cars were being run into the back of and being forced by other drivers into a wall myself included.

Please put your video up, so we can see your race PoV let people see all points of view to a story since you felt the need to mention it.

Last edited:

Jipper

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
You seem to feel this was done on purpose by your comment
Firstly, there is no bitterness towards you Jipper, and if you do think there is then I apologize and let me assure you there really isn't any.

But lets get things right...
It wasn't the best idea you were trying to do when rejoining the track in the manner that you did. After you out braked yourself into turn one, having left the track, trying to rejoin the track squeezing your front end into a gap that just wasn't there as other cars were going around turn one 2 cars wide. Cars were being run into the back of and forcing other drivers into a wall myself included.

Please put your video up, so we can see your race PoV let people see all points of view to a story since you felt the need to mention it.
I actually was bumped off the track into turn one, and from my angle i cant see whats coming behind me in that scenario im not going to hit the brakes and wait for everyone to pass before joining when everyone has a clear view of my position which was the opposite side from the racing line, so i would have expected some level of space when rejoining, and as it appears you stop steering and steer again as if to block me off i did take that as an act of "revenge" as childish as that would be if it was the case, Forunately I still finished 8th anyway but lost 2 positions from my qualy position

And i dont record socials, i only really record league races in case there is any incidents etc..

Snarf Snarf

Jul 31, 2014
I actually was bumped off the track into turn one, and from my angle i cant see whats coming behind me in that scenario im not going to hit the brakes and wait for everyone to pass before joining when everyone has a clear view of my position which was the opposite side from the racing line, so i would have expected some level of space when rejoining, and as it appears you stop steering and steer again as if to block me off i did take that as an act of "revenge" as childish as that would be if it was the case, Forunately I still finished 8th anyway but lost 2 positions from my qualy position

And i dont record socials, i only really record league races in case there is any incidents etc..
You expect everyone to stop and give way to you so you can re-join the track after you went off the track at the race start in turn one?

You have lost the plot Jipper.

Jipper

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
You expect everyone to stop and give way to you so you can re-join the track after you went off the track at the race start in turn one?

You have lost the plot Jipper.
That is nothing close to what i just said tho is it? I was on the opposite side of the track from the racing line so yes i do expect some space to return to the track naturally because you would have expected cars to be on the other side of the track. Not expecting people to stop and or move out of the way...

And if you hadn't taken the corner in the fashion you did running wide to cut me off i would have made it back to the track succesfully.

Snarf Snarf

Jul 31, 2014
That is nothing close to what i just said tho is it? I was on the opposite side of the track from the racing line so yes i do expect some space to return to the track naturally because you would have expected cars to be on the other side of the track. Not expecting people to stop and or move out of the way...

And if you hadn't taken the corner in the fashion you did running wide to cut me off i would have made it back to the track succesfully.
You mean me turning my wheel away from the Mclaren car next to me that ran into the back of the Williams then slamming me into the wall?
The only person who's bitter here Jipper is you. You seem to have some sort of chip on your shoulder from last week with the stewards case I brought against you where you got penalty points, now you accuse me of purposely ramming you in the situation where you are at fault again.

You get more and more pissed off every week complaining and making things out to be not what they are.
Get a grip Jipper

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Guys, calm down. The Spain incident happened and has been closed, let it be.

Honestly I'm quite amazed anyone gets so fed up by something that happened in a social race, especially on L1 in Monaco. It's a tight track, lots of cars are close to each other, the race was for practice, so accidents happen. It's unfortunate, but that's racing. No need for an argument about it.

Jipper

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
You mean me turning my wheel away from the Mclaren car next to me that ran into the back of the Williams then slamming me into the wall?
The only person who's bitter here Jipper is you. You seem to have some sort of chip on your shoulder from last week with the stewards case I brought against you where you got penalty points, now you accuse me of purposely ramming you in the situation where you are at fault again.

You get more and more pissed off every week complaining and making things out to be not what they are.
Get a grip Jipper
Week after week? what are you even talking about!? lmao..
This is the first time I've had anything to moan about in AOR and its down to you, the fact you keep firing comments about "get a grip" "you've lost the plot" making it personal, I've kept constructive discussion about the racing but you make it personal with dumb remarks, it shows alot about your character and how you act

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Jipper, please stop it. You've made your point and honestly, going on about this for so long doesn't make you look good.
It was a pretty clear racing accident, you both reacted very seasonably looking at the situation you were both put in. Besides that, it was just a social race, let it go.

Flips

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 31, 2016
The discussion you guys are having has nothing to do with OUR Monaco Grand Prix later tonight.

Wenkaz

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Can’t make it tonight, there’s a family gathering since my father just passed the 50 year mark. And I would’ve crashed here anyway! :p Have a good one guys