XB1 - Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix [26/05/19 20:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix [26/05/19 20:00pm UK]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

ItsProulx

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
@Chris Leather - Standings updated soon ;), I think they'll be looking very juicy.

Hoping for another strong round here, I think every know where they are in the pecking order now and therefore know who they're fighting in the championship. Not gonna mention my goals aloud but I know who I want to beat this season and I think we're actually level on points. Been one of my more enjoyable seasons in AOR due to how close the field is. Hopefully it can continue right up until the final race.

Reactions: Chris Leather

maxen

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Oct 31, 2018
@Chris Leather - Standings updated soon ;), I think they'll be looking very juicy.

Hoping for another strong round here, I think every know where they are in the pecking order now and therefore know who they're fighting in the championship. Not gonna mention my goals aloud but I know who I want to beat this season and I think we're actually level on points. Been one of my more enjoyable seasons in AOR due to how close the field is. Hopefully it can continue right up until the final race.
That whole part of the points table is incredibly close. You could gain many more positions in the next four races with results like the last two, everything's there to play for.
Interesting stat: after that Germany race is the first time this season some people are mathematically eliminated from championship contention. 100 points remaining, and with @McLaren Fan 96 sitting on 108, means only the top 14 in the standings (14th has 10 points) still have a mathematical shot at winning this season.

I'm not sure what to make of Spa. My evaluation race there wasn't great. I think it was my future teammate @BoblereN who I almost crashed with late in the first lap and the rest of the race was fairly uncompetitive.

Reactions: ItsProulx

ItsProulx

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
That whole part of the points table is incredibly close. You could gain many more positions in the next four races with results like the last two, everything's there to play for.
Interesting stat: after that Germany race is the first time this season some people are mathematically eliminated from championship contention. 100 points remaining, and with @McLaren Fan 96 sitting on 108, means only the top 14 in the standings (14th has 10 points) still have a mathematical shot at winning this season.

I'm not sure what to make of Spa. My evaluation race there wasn't great. I think it was my future teammate @BoblereN who I almost crashed with late in the first lap and the rest of the race was fairly uncompetitive.
This is actually the first season I've been in where the Constructors Championship is actually something that people want to fight for, myself and @CodeZed08 are certainly trying to push for it and take 3rd off Sauber, while Williams ( @McLaren Fan 96 & @Maddog40 ) and McLaren ( @maxen & @BoblereN ) are certainly pushing for the championship.

On a side note, I think me letting people by is bad luck as in both races the driver could've won and finished second :rolleyes: ( @maxen & @Maddog40 )

Reactions: maxen

maxen

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Oct 31, 2018
This is actually the first season I've been in where the Constructors Championship is actually something that people want to fight for, myself and @CodeZed08 are certainly trying to push for it and take 3rd off Sauber, while Williams ( @McLaren Fan 96 & @Maddog40 ) and McLaren ( @maxen & @BoblereN ) are certainly pushing for the championship.

On a side note, I think me letting people by is bad luck as in both races the driver could've won and finished second :rolleyes: ( @maxen & @Maddog40 )
Haha yeah, it's great to see people fight over the constructors.

The curse of being let through by @ItsProulx... :ROFLMAO:

aisenauar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 19, 2018
I guess you all gotta thank me (except the williams ofc) for the team championship being still open since, in fact, it was me teaming up @maxen and @BoblereN :D

Maddog40

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Haha yeah, it's great to see people fight over the constructors.

The curse of being let through by @ItsProulx... :ROFLMAO:
The fact you see finishing second as cursed when it's the first points I've scored in 3 races... someone's a bit used to the podium steps :p

maxen

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Oct 31, 2018
The fact you see finishing second as cursed when it's the first points I've scored in 3 races... someone's a bit used to the podium steps :p
I only meant in the sense you were leading for half that race, up until lap 32.

George Roke

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 21, 2015
In my 1st season of AOR I have to agree with @ItsProulx and say that I was surprised myself with how close the field has been so far this season. I should be higher up the table but that is down to me and me alone. Even though I have made a number of (really) stupid mistakes and had some disagreements with people I have really enjoyed my 1st season and hoping this level of competitiveness continues for the rest of the season! :p

maxen

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Oct 31, 2018
Haven't put down a single lap on Spa since the evaluation race :) Not gonna go there again before I've done at least one practice session to know that I'm at least comfortable in the in car.
Haha, I genuinely wasn't sure if "done at least one practice" meant you were excited to race in Wednesday evening's practice to make sure you got a race practice before Sunday, or if you were telling me you weren't joining the practice in order to do your own. I guess your non-appearance answered that one. :p

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
I am going to be so poor here on Sunday hahah!

George Roke

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 21, 2015
This is gonna be an interesting race for me, feel as though i'm fast here although consistency here isn't my strong point, done plenty of practice although not sure if I will be able to do more before sunday as i'm going to be redecorating my bedroom over the weekend which involves moving everything out of it and painting etc

maxen

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Oct 31, 2018
If we could have some more rain on Sunday, that'd be great. Between Austria quali, Britain race and Germany, the wet sessions have been kind to me.