Aug 25, 2017
Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
alexP
Renner9

Last edited:

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Q - 6
R - 4.

Quali went pretty well despite my dropping it at Eau Rouge during my first run and spinning, still kept it out of the barriers (this would turn into a pattern).

I got a good launch off the start and got through T1 cleanly but that damn Eau Rouge was a nightmare on the controller and I lost a lot of speed and a few places because of it. At going to the Bus Stop chicane at the end of the lap I was on the inside line into the braking zone when @Pxcam moved into my path, trying to take avoiding action we had contact and I damaged my front wing. Also before that I could not get any grip into my tyres, the car was understeering like a cruise ship.

On lap 2 @pete day got around me in Blanchimont and going to the Bus Stop it was almost a replay. I had to avoid the @Patido and cut the corner a bit and got an immediate 3 second penalty (which I thought was complete bullshit). Since he had damage as well we both dived into the pits right then. Not sure how to explain what happened next as his car blocked the road and I drove under it. Regardless we both got new wings and went onto the mediums hoping they'd last until the rain. After a lap behind me @Patido blast past me on the Kemmel straight with ease.

Even on the second set of tyres I could not get the car to work, I was very inconsistent. On lap 8 (4:27 in the video) going through Eau Rouge I managed a save of my season which helped @Limaro_83 catch up a bit.

On lap 13 he had caught me and on the Kemmel straight both he and @Renetee passed me on both sides as if I was Ricardo Zonta. Now this properly woke me up and got my back into my groove after struggling before in the race. I stayed right on @Limaro_83's gearbox the whole lap and the next time on the Kemmel straight I got a nice move done on the outside and I left him to dust.

On lap 15 the rain came and I followed the others in for inters. A right call as it turned out, soon I was up into P7 as some pitted a lap too late.

On lap 17 I caught @MJ7 who seemed to struggle. A lap later at the end of sector 2 he went a bit wide and I managed to get past into P6.

Success was short lived as at the start of lap 19 at Eau Rouge (again) I had my second best save of the race. Immediately @Patido (who had lost out on the strategy) and @MJ7 completely mugged me on the straight. Still I got one position back by doing a Markelovesque move on @MJ7. With @sirio42994 getting take out soon I was back into P6 on track.

At the start of the final lap @Patido and @stifler1000 had an incident which allowed me past both into P4. On the kemmel straight @Patido came back at me but on the brakes the car drifted too much on the inside and firmly closed the door on him. Not sure if that was the reason or he lost the back end right after but I had some breathing space after that.

Still going to the final corner of the race I nearly dropped it at the entry to upset my nerves some more.

In the end P4 was a great result after such a chaotic and on my end an awful race for the first 13 laps.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF POLE
Turned PS4 on at 19:20 for first time this week and an hour later I was on pole. That’s just how I roll :ROFLMAO:

Race P8
Not practicing has it down sides and that includes being utter sh*t in the race. School boy error on lap 2 and im down to last. That’s also how i roll :rolleyes:
After that I really struggled with the mediums and had no pace, managed to claw in @Mcquiz95 and had a great 3 wide moment with him and @Renetee , but after that @mcquiz seemed to steal my pace and went off into the distance never to be seen again lol The rain came and I trundled along to be P8 courtesy of others going off.
Congrats to @pete day on your win. Your bad luck finally came to an end!

ramma

Formula Karter
Aug 12, 2018
A little late, but it's been a hectic few days. o_O

Q – 12

R – 7

Quali — Didn't at all go as planned sadly. Threw out my first timed lap in T2/3, so I ended up doing that extra on my first time out, but I had to really conserve to have the fuel for a second lap. Went out for another run before planning a final run on the SS at the end knowing it'd be close. Sadly when trying to leave the pits for my final run I got held as renetee was being wheeled back in, so I was short about 5-7 seconds from getting my planned SS run in.

Race — I'd forgotten to check the weather in my quali chaos, so I made the mistake of picking the SS to start. Luckily I was able to capitalize on the extra pace a bit early, and run a little long to ensure the second set would survive until the rain eventually hit, assuming Jeff wasn't lying. I was running up in P4 when the rain eventually hit, but that's when things went south.

I got the call for a strategy change option while coming up to the final chicane, but normally waiting for DRS disabled is the safer bet so I chose to do that. The rain really hit hard though cause by the time I hit the straight out of T2/3 DRS was disabled and the grip loss was really apparent. After an almost 2.5 minute lap on ice and swapping to inters I'd dropped back to 8th. Then down to 9th shortly after and struggled from then on to stick with those ahead. I had an alright gap behind at that point though, so I was mostly just trying to keep it steady and hope for penalties ahead (until I got one), or a couple spins, which came and put me up to 7th for the finish.

Highlights

Reactions: Mcquiz95