PC - Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix [26/05/19 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix [26/05/19 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
One of the few tracks last season where I was faster than @Maxxwil, no chance of that happening this season though. :p

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
I'm super excited to return this week, however it will be a struggle, I fell off a ladder doing work at my house and then further messed up my right ankle on the same day at work :ROFLMAO:. Lots of swelling and pain, hopeful that it goes away by Sunday. If there is no rain I expect to be very fast as I've had two weeks to prepare, if it rains however, there will be serious issues:ROFLMAO:

VictorWasa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Last time here I qualified a solid last place, so it will be interesting to see if I can repeat that incredible result! I really love this track, and I managed to finish P4 despite starting last, so I'm hoping for some decent pace this weekend. Especially if I want to stay in the fight for the title. Its sort of getting out of reach. Not that it was ever that close, but by finishing in the points at all races so far I find myself in P3!? Let's have a good one at this amazing racetrack!

Reactions: Maxxwil

Uncle Nobhead

Formula Karter
Jan 9, 2019
I have not even thought about this since i left the lobby after Germany, this should be... well... interesting to say the least

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
didn't leave the session btw, this game is just a fucking joke, updated drivers this morning and i play on medium settings with a fucking 2070.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: VictorWasa

Uncle Nobhead

Formula Karter
Jan 9, 2019
**** this stupid ass fucking worthless game. Codies is fucking garbage.
i got fucked over as well, barely on the kerb on the exit of stavelot and my car slams into a barrier that apparently exists, even though i was miles away on my screen

Uncle Nobhead

Formula Karter
Jan 9, 2019
Q: P14 I think
R: DNF was having a decent race and some decent battles with @P1g3oN was moving forward and as mentioned above i got screwed over by a glitch
Apologies for that issue in qualifying, I know now not to do it going forward
see ya in monza

Reactions: P1g3oN

VictorWasa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Another bad qualifying for me. I really gotta work on that.
The race was amazing though. I got a good start. No problem, almost scratch free the entire race. I think I was involved in the incident that caused the safety car. Sorry @iJokeri22 if I squeezed you a bit too much or something. I would like to see that from your POV.
I should have just pitted straight away for inters, but I forgot how long the game like to keep out the safety car, so I stayed out, and lost some time.
When I eventually pitted for inters, I had really good pace and managed to close in on the top 3. It then suddenly dried out, and it was time for slicks, but I didn't notice it was drying up, so I stayed out... Again... Losing me time... Again...
The game gave me a very harsh 5 second penalty for slightly cutting a corner, and I didn't even have a single warning the whole race, so that will probably get removed.
I then chased down @Jipper in the final three laps, and overtook him around the outside in the chicane. Really satisfied with that move ;)

Great race altogether.
Congratulations @HaiCo . What a drive.
And again. Sorry @iJokeri22 , if I caused a bit of a pileup back there.

My POV:

Last edited:

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Another bad qualifying for me. I really gotta work on that.
The race was amazing though. I got a good start. No problem, almost scratch free the entire race. I think I was involved in the incident that caused the safety car. Sorry @iJokeri22 if I squeezed you a bit too much or something. I would like to see that from your POV.
I should have just pitted straight away for inters, but I forgot how long the game like to keep out the safety car, so I stayed out, and lost some time.
When I eventually pitted for inters, I had really good pace and managed to close in on the top 3. It then suddenly dried out, and it was time for slicks, but I didn't notice it was drying up, so I stayed out... Again... Losing me time... Again...
The game gave me a very harsh 5 second penalty for slightly cutting a corner, and I didn't even have a single warning the whole race, so that will probably get removed.
I then chased down @Jipper in the final three laps, and overtook him around the outside in the chicane. Really satisfied with that move ;)

Great race altogether.
Congratulations @HaiCo . What a drive.
And again. Sorry @iJokeri22 , if I caused a bit of a pileup back there.

My POV: (uploading)
You did nothing wrong I had wing damage from the first lap and I think I just touched your sidepod and half spun.

Reactions: VictorWasa

VictorWasa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 5, 2017
You did nothing wrong I had wing damage from the first lap and I think I just touched your sidepod and half spun.
Oh, okay. I didn't know you had damage. I would have left you more space if I had known you wouldn't be able to steer that well :/

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
So, for me personally this was the most enjoyable race in a long time. Qualifying was a bit dissapointing with somebody retiring on track while I was right behind him (resulting in wing damage on my final out lap).

Race started well, could get from P7 to P6 right at the start and then after a few laps I was behind both the Haas cars. Then the safety car came out which caused the biggest **** in the short history of F1 racing I experienced so far. I feel sorry for both @Icko and @Maxxwil. We could have had great battles still for the race win, but both of you 'kinda' got screwed over. @Maxxwil you deserved this win. Hopefully your bad luck ends here and now.

Could afterwards close gaps of 5-6 seconds. No idea where the pace came from, it was just there I guess.

Reactions: Icko