Jan 26, 2014
Round 7 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th May 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@xDerpOG
@kojoootti

Last edited by a moderator:

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Results and Standings + Wall of Shame have been updated with the German Grand Prix results!

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I don't know if it was because of the delay before formation lap but the tyres were very cold at the formation lap and the start. I've seen that my teammate had it as well, but don't know about others. Because I was the only one starting on mediums, I needed more time to get them up to temperature but when I final got passed Luca after a long side by side battle, I could settle in a nice rhythm and build confidence.

With rain around the corner it was a nobrainer to stay out as long as possible to do a 1 stop to intermediates, if wet enough. At the end of lap 17 tyres were reaching puncture territory so I had to pit. Gambled on those intermediates because the track was going towards intermediates. For a couple of laps it was almost equal and I could keep @scotchtape20 behind me, but in lap 21, he was able to pass around the outside in the final chicane. Lap 22 track was clearly drying again and Scotchtape pulled a 7 second gap or so.

Was an exciting race even though the highlights vid isn't that long. It was about what the weather was gonna do. If the track had gotten wetter in lap 18 and clearly for intermediates, I probably would've stolen the win. Unfortunately that didn't happen. But I feel good that I gambled on it. If I would've taken the SS or S tyre, I'd have finished only one place higher anyway.

Highlights:

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
I don't know if it was because of the delay before formation lap but the tyres were very cold at the formation lap and the start. I've seen that my teammate had it as well, but don't know about others. Because I was the only one starting on mediums, I needed more time to get them up to temperature but when I final got passed Luca after a long side by side battle, I could settle in a nice rhythm and build confidence.

With rain around the corner it was a nobrainer to stay out as long as possible to do a 1 stop to intermediates, if wet enough. At the end of lap 17 tyres were reaching puncture territory so I had to pit. Gambled on those intermediates because the track was going towards intermediates. For a couple of laps it was almost equal and I could keep @scotchtape20 behind me, but in lap 21, he was able to pass around the outside in the final chicane. Lap 22 track was clearly drying again and Scotchtape pulled a 7 second gap or so.

Was an exciting race even though the highlights vid isn't that long. It was about what the weather was gonna do. If the track had gotten wetter in lap 18 and clearly for intermediates, I probably would've stolen the win. Unfortunately that didn't happen. But I feel good that I gambled on it. If I would've taken the SS or S tyre, I'd have finished only one place higher anyway.

Highlights:
Track was supercold, thats why tyres werent warming up at all at the formation lap