PS4 - Round 7 - Canada Re-Run - [12/2/17 - 8pm GMT] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 7 - Canada Re-Run - [12/2/17 - 8pm GMT]

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Disappointing DNF for me. Was well happy will qualifying in 11th so I seat up with softs. Running much better than expected in the top 10 so was hoping to finish between 5-10 in the points.
Then something that has happened to me before. I can't quite remember how but I had a nudge in the 5 car race we had with a @Philip_66 @Dale Stones @pete day @syluntbob68 which was super fun. There was a virtual safety car and I had a knock on my front wing. Flipping the car from side to side and when having the change in the VSC powering round corners the car wasn't that unsettled and still had good enough grip. VSC finished and as far as I remember I git round the hairpin ok and running down the long straight was catching cars in front. Even went through the final chicane with good grip to get a tow down the pit straight. Was thinking cool, damaged wing is ok, didn't pit and as soon as I had gone past my pit Box down the pit straight flying. Bang,,,, Was like bambi on ice, No grip at all. Hit a wall lost wheel DNF . Was like the game was toying with me to dare me not to pit and as soon as I didn't 'There you go dumbo". Lesson is even if your car feels ok next time I'll pit no matter what. Shame as was fun racing with you guys and I may have got a couple of points. See you all next week...

Kris Banucha

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 29, 2015
Race Summary: wrong place wrong time and no warning.

Qualy: 18th (no time set) - Didn't think I would have qualified that well here so choose to do my standard thing, however after looking at the qualy results I would have likely had 5th if I set had a time.

Race: DNF - The opening lap pretty much ruined my race and I'm partly to blame for this, as @dFlashAshb was starting alongside me considering the championship positions I felt I need to be less conservative at the start, I had a cautious get away and Yabba was even more cautious as I passed him before turn 1, I then took the inside of Ash at turn 2 to get back in front of him and with a couple of spinners in the first 2 turns I was up to 15th just behind @Kris Banucha, I slotted in behind him for turn 3 and as I was very close to him after turns 4 & 5 I made a move up the inside at turn 6, however this is where my race goes wrong.

Despite being halfway alongside Kris he decides to take the corner early as if I wasn't there,:confused: we make contact and I get put on the grass slightly and get yellow damage to the right side of my front wing, (could you please give me your view on why this happened Kris) I lose a place to Ash as a result.

After that I think I've got to try and make the best of it for now, approaching turn 10 I'm at the back of a 6 car pack (11th - 16th), I look to try and get a good exit so I could pass one or two on the straight but then as were starting to pick up speed @Defiant195 puts his left wheels on the grass and has to get off the accel to get back on the track but unfortunately he does this right in front of me, luckily I reacted quick enough to hits the brakes and turn right to avoid him, but as a result of that @Wimstradamus is right on me.

And this is where my race is more or less ruined, as where heading down to the chicane Wim is alongside but as were braking to take the corner I'm in front based on position and the proximity/indicator arrows aren't flashing and make it seem like he isn't alongside me anymore, I was unsure of this at the time so I still tried to leave space on the inside just in case, but obviously not enough as he clips me in the right rear we made contact and both spin.:(

(With this incident I looked at your vid on youtube @Wimstradamus and from your view it looks like I just turned in on you, I can only apologise for this - personally I feel I'm 50% to blame for this with the other 50% on the games proximity/indicator arrows, normally I rely on them flashing to tell me someone is properly beside me but on this occasion they didn't do that.
But I hold my hands up either way I should have tried to give more room but it was always going to be tough making 2 wide work through here, I think the line I took meant I would have struggled to take the 2nd part of the chicane, I think the only way we avoid contact is if I gone wide and had cut the 2nd part of the chicane.)

The aftermath is I hit the wall and basically break my front wing, and even though it probably isn't much of a consolation for him, I wait for Wim and let him by, I then had a relative slow 2nd lap and trip to the pits to get a new front wing. After that I expected a lonely race with no chance of points my only hope was for a SC but we only got a VSC, though I did wonder how there was no SC deployed, when I drove past Donks crashed car and Marcus's later that was in the middle of the track.:banghead::arghh:

Anyway I was just logging laps until @Philip_66 exited the pits in front of me, I was just about keeping pace with him and his fresher softs at first, though as laps went past I started to be a bit quicker then him however we caught up to a group of 3/4 cars and as a couple more cars had retired I realised I could maybe get points, me and Philip both made are way through most this group (Yabba, Kris, & Defiant) and we were running 10th and 11th after lap 17, the next few laps we were catching the car in 9th reasonably quickly, but Philip was struggling worse and worse with the exit of the final chicane and I was able to capitalise on this on lap 21 and pass him.

I then had @mpc-v1 right in front of me but I couldn't pass him as he kept getting a good exit from the hairpin and drs wasn't enough, he pitted a lap later and I was due in the next lap so I pushed and with a very good in-lap once I exited the pits I had surprisingly jumped him, with fresh US I begin to chase down Philip who wasn't pitting, it took me only 6 laps and just as I passed him for 9th, I moved up to 8th as Dale and Don had there accident, I came out just behind Dale and ahead of the once more dotless Don.

Despite my US being a bit worn I was just about able to keep pace with Dale's fresh US at first and considering I had no time penalties I began to suspect that Dale did, so despite him starting to pulling away I kept pushing just incase I could jump him that way at the end, I was only 3.5 behind him with 3 laps to go and I was focused on trying to finish within 6 seconds at this point, but then the sh*t hit the fan unexpectedly, I was exiting turn 4 and despite driving pretty much straight my car snapped suddenly to the left and into the wall - race over.:jawdrop::wtf::banghead::arghh:

I was shocked and had a few choice words to say the least at this point, (just my second dnf and first of my own doing) but it was a very annoying and frustrating end to this race.

Looking back I don't think I deserved that at the end (ok I may be biased) but when I checked through my lap times, my first 2 laps were 1:41 & 1:46, so just to put that into context, basically I gave the majority of the field a head start of 40 - 50 seconds over me, and to put in the drive I did after the first 2 laps and get no reward at all for it is extremely frustrating, especially when I looked at the results after.
If I didn't crash out at the end I would have likely finished 7th or maybe even 6th after time pens applied, which would have been a great result.
But had I just kept my nose clean (literally) I would have finished 4th, I didn't have the pace of the front 3, but with the winner finishing over 30 seconds clear of Joost in 4th I would have more then likely slotted in there because I was only just over a minute behind the leader when I crashed out.

Though of course there were a few others that could have had a good result if they hadn't had issues or crashed out like me.

But a big congrats to @neil rutter on his win and to Ash & @chris130256 on there well deserved podium finishes, also well done to the other point finishers.

When I looked at the qualy and race results its a real shame that Ash couldn't qualy as based on the lap Neil did I think we would have seen a good battle for pole and the race win, as while Ash put in a great drive from the back it gave him no chance for the win, if he qualifies I suspect its a race long battle between him and Neil.

Lastly this result from a championship perspective couldn't have gone any worse for me my 3 championship rivals all finished in the top 3 and Ash is now level on points with me, while I wouldn't say my championship hopes are over, they took a massive dent and I definitely need to put in a very good performance in Malaysia next week. (Also I really hope Canada isn't in season 13:angelic:)
I do not know why but the console did not record my race :banghead:. I remember the first lap I tried to keep a distance from all because was very busy on the track. Only contact I had it was hit the back of the car, I do not remember who it was, but did not cause any damage. I'm sorry if I ruined Your race, it was not intentional. I always try to drive clean.

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
I do not know why but the console did not record my race :banghead:. I remember the first lap I tried to keep a distance from all because was very busy on the track. Only contact I had it was hit the back of the car, I do not remember who it was, but did not cause any damage. I'm sorry if I ruined Your race, it was not intentional. I always try to drive clean.
I haven't studied it but my footage shows it pretty clearly from behind..

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah when we had battles you've always been very clean and fair Kris(y), but judging from what you wrote you had no idea I was there, which makes sense to me now, obviously I know it wasn't intentional Kris but at the time I wasn't very happy.:(
I haven't studied it but my footage shows it pretty clearly from behind..
Maybe when Ash puts up his race vid he can include the whole of the first lap, that way we can both see it.

Reactions: dFlashAshb

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p8
R p13

Quali was ok, made the top ten.
Race was... yeah **** i guess.
After the start @Joost and i touched in t2 witch made me spin and rejoin in p17.
Touched with @OurRobOrRoss at the and of lap 1, (no worries mate saw it as a race incident, i was braking a little early because i was on the inside line)
Fought my way back, had some good fights, like with @mpc-v1.
A shame i drove i the back of you at the and of lap 13, hope i didn't hurt your race?
my apologies for that i was going for a pitstop and somehow forgot you would be braking at the normal point (off course), very stupid of me.
After the stop i was last in p16 and crossed the line in p11 but 9 seconds penalty :( set me back to p13.
Congrats to the podium finishers and my team mate @Joost for his p4, great job (y)

edit: race video

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Disappointing DNF for me. Was well happy will qualifying in 11th so I seat up with softs. Running much better than expected in the top 10 so was hoping to finish between 5-10 in the points.
Then something that has happened to me before. I can't quite remember how but I had a nudge in the 5 car race we had with a @Philip_66 @Dale Stones @pete day @syluntbob68 which was super fun. There was a virtual safety car and I had a knock on my front wing. Flipping the car from side to side and when having the change in the VSC powering round corners the car wasn't that unsettled and still had good enough grip. VSC finished and as far as I remember I git round the hairpin ok and running down the long straight was catching cars in front. Even went through the final chicane with good grip to get a tow down the pit straight. Was thinking cool, damaged wing is ok, didn't pit and as soon as I had gone past my pit Box down the pit straight flying. Bang,,,, Was like bambi on ice, No grip at all. Hit a wall lost wheel DNF . Was like the game was toying with me to dare me not to pit and as soon as I didn't 'There you go dumbo". Lesson is even if your car feels ok next time I'll pit no matter what. Shame as was fun racing with you guys and I may have got a couple of points. See you all next week...
During the VSC i was right behind you, and overtook when you hit the barriers. Illegal overtake and i had to give the place back. WTF !! Can't remember any rule that says; If the driver infront of you, during VSC, decides to kiss the barrier and almost stands still, it's not allowed to pass him.

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
During the VSC i was right behind you, and overtook when you hit the barriers. Illegal overtake and i had to give the place back. WTF !! Can't remember any rule that says; If the driver infront of you, during VSC, decides to kiss the barrier and almost stands still, it's not allowed to pass him.
What chance do we have Have you a video?

• Funny
Reactions: Philip_66

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
Yeah when we had battles you've always been very clean and fair Kris(y), but judging from what you wrote you had no idea I was there, which makes sense to me now, obviously I know it wasn't intentional Kris but at the time I wasn't very happy.:(

Maybe when Ash puts up his race vid he can include the whole of the first lap, that way we can both see it.
Sorry my footage upload kept failing, its up now !

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@Kris Banucha here's the view from Ash, by the looks of it you were looking to do a overtake on the car in front as well.
(its just before the incident all you have to do is press play)

Kris Banucha

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 29, 2015
@Kris Banucha here's the view from Ash, by the looks of it you were looking to do a overtake on the car in front as well.
(its just before the incident all you have to do is press play)
@OurRobOrRoss
I do not remember but I think I turned left to avoid contact with Defiant's car. My bad, it was a quick reaction because he braked a little bit early. I should stay on the outside lane. Sorry :(.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@OurRobOrRoss
I do not remember but I think I turned left to avoid contact with Defiant's car. My bad, it was a quick reaction because he braked a little bit early. I should stay on the outside lane. Sorry :(.
No worries Kris it happens to the best of us, the opening lap of any race is quite a hectic time especially in the midfield and unfortunately accidents like this can happen, so I don't really blame you for our incident as its just one of those things - wrong place wrong time, which summed up my race.