PC - Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix [25/11/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix [25/11/2018 08:00PM]

gabrivespa

Formula Karter
Apr 3, 2018
Qualy: P1..Not so happy with my lap because in practice i did a 1.07.800 as personal best..But maybe for the condition of the track(Very cloudly) i lost some tenths..anyway p1
Race: Good start ..Tried to extend as max as I can the hypersoft stint...But I did one lap more and @Erzkbl9 overtaked me with an undercut..then after 2 laps I passed him and overtaked other 3 cars..Then I stayed in the lead till the end and won the race... 5th wins in a row..I'm very very happy :)
Congrats to @Erzkbl9 and @Kvintin for the podium!!

Reactions: Erzkbl9

DaveGaming

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Hey guys, first of all gratz to the podium, especially @gabrivespa for a truly impressive performance in the past 5 races!

From my POV the race was far from ideal: Had no practice so I did not know about any track limits and ruined my qualifying. Just one tenth to P4... I was so angry at myself ^^ - Race was also not ideal. Thought, I could do a 2 pitstop strategy which did not work out at all. My first plan was to go for US tyres twice but then I took the Hypersofts in the hope to rejoin as third to get back to Gabrivespe. But I misjudged the gap / the time I lost with a pit stop.
Gained some positions but my creative interpretation of track limits led to many - well-deserved - penalties so it is totally deserved I didn't finish on the podium. I also had a few hard battles: Sometimes the opponent was quiet aggressive, sometimes it was me, but I think all in all, there were some pretty nice maneuvres, for instance the defending from @Kvintin to the end of the race.

And thanks to @Desmond0313 for the kind words after the race :) I think, I made it a little bit awkward because I did not know how to go on: German or english but I hope the cringe was not that painful ^^

@Flash-224 Have you fixed your issues? Send me a PM or some screenshots with your graphics settings. Also thanks for having joined the chat in the Monaco race :)

Reactions: gabrivespa

Erzkbl9

S3 AOR PC F2 Sprint Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Qualifying: P3
Decent lap, 3 tenths of my personal best.

Race: P2
I was very cautious at the start and lost quiet some time to @gabrivespa and @Bobo ahead, but gained most of the time back in the later stages of the stint. Bobo crashed out and i undercuted @gabrivespa. He overtook me again shortly after. Afterwards @DaveGaming went for an aggressive move into turn 1 and i lost two position to him and @Diesel-iwnl-. I was stuck behind @Kiinako, who was on old ss, a few laps, which costed me, the entire leading pack and himself a lot of time. No more action afterwards. Dave pitted again, diesel disappeared and gabrivespa was to far ahead

Also congrats to the other podium finisher.

SkyKartoffel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2018
Quali: P5
I am quite happy with my lap, but i misjudged the timing and couldn't set another lap at the end.

Race: P11
That didn't go as planned. The car didn't really feel like in my online training sessions and I couldn't make the hypers work. I got overtaken from a few cars and then I pitted for SS and later for US.
In the second stint I made contact with @Borderline. I think it was a racing incident but he could maybe have let a bit more space for me. I was on the outside, got pushed slightly into the grass and then I spun. Luckily I had no damage but lost about 12 seconds there and from then on I had quite a lonely race. I am very disappointed with my driving in the race but I hope to come back stronger. Although I need to practice France a lot as I really don't know that track XD

Congrats to the top. Awesome Job!

Heads up for my teammate. The pace is there and with a bit more luck the next race is yours.
I like how you are reflecting on your race afterwards and always go for a clean drive.

Here is a video of my incident:

And this is the whole race:

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
And thanks to @Desmond0313 for the kind words after the race :) I think, I made it a little bit awkward because I did not know how to go on: German or english but I hope the cringe was not that painful ^^
Yeah after I sent my comment I realized I put you in a difficult situation language-wise :D I know German on a basic level, but it would take way longer to put together sentences than in English :p I mostly understand what you're saying in German so it's fine ;)

Reactions: DaveGaming

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
In the second stint I made contact with @Borderline. I think it was a racing incident but he could maybe have let a bit more space for me. I was on the outside, got pushed slightly into the grass and then I spun. Luckily I had no damage but lost about 12 seconds there and from then on I had quite a lonely race.
Sorry for that, but once I saw that my indicator was white, I went to the left a bit so I could take a bit more speed into that chicane. And from your POV, you broke quite late. I'm glad you see it as a racing incident, because from my wheel I didn't get feedback from the small collision.

MrGhostO1O

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 9, 2015
  • Happy
Reactions: Sabba7h

Sabba7h

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017

HIGHLIGHTS:

From then on I was recording the race in spectator mode. Cool fight between @DaveGaming @Borderline and @Kvintin .
It was a pretty good fight man :D