Apr 2, 2018
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @maithyoo
- @Sam.Sambo

Last edited:

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
I'd say Monaco and Baku are classic street tracks, while Canada is more or less like Albert Park. In the end, the track is located in the park, not in the city center, that's why the walls are close, but not so close. I like this track, but I liked Monaco more and crashed out, so I hope to finally finish a race

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
yeah okay, monaco is a cool track but still very "crash sensitive". making one mistake often means end of race. the upcoming tracks are not so sensitive and leave some room for error. which i personally like very much haha

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Hey guys, perhaps especially @Julio Massa 5522

I've been doing a bit of practice on this track, and noticed that in S2 when you miss the corner, it feels like you can easily take the escape road without having to brake a lot, gaining an advantage without a penalty. I'm curious how AOR treats these kind of situations, obviously it shouldn't be abused but at the same time escape road is part of the game :D

Here is a video of what I mean, RAI wants to pass me and I feel like I missed the turning point and/or fear him bumping into me:

Thoughts?

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
Ok @Kippetje

If you're racing someone and this guy cuts this and every other corner, you may take it to the stewards. We as stewards can also apply standard penalties for corner cutting, if the game didn't do that for some reason

Reactions: Kippetje

HulkBobby

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 25, 2018
Guys! Its coming a very interesting and exciting race! I will race for Nico Hulkenberg! Good luck for everyone!

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018
..... @Shingo6 what are you doing? turn 1 you come flying up my inside damaging my front wing. Then at the walls of champion you push @Silleellie into the wall, and he hits me because he lost control.

this time I really wasted my time practising, time I could have spent otherwise.

Reactions: MajorGroove

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018
I dont have anything recorded btw, but I dont see where I am wrong. Also why did you leave the session?

Silleellie

Pro Karter
Oct 10, 2018
..... @Shingo6 what are you doing? turn 1 you come flying up my inside damaging my front wing. Then at the walls of champion you push @Silleellie into the wall, and he hits me because he lost control.

this time I really wasted my time practising, time I could have spent otherwise.
Yeah man I'm so sorry but I couldn't do anything

Anyway @Shingo6 ruined my lap in qualify and bumped into me during the race, as well as @Kippetje
If someone has some video of it, I'll see if I can report that to the stewards