PS4 - Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix - 25th November 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix - 25th November 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Carbon
@Salvo Failla
@Da Eagle

Last edited:

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Possibly my favourite track, and one where you can do 1 or 2 stop and attack down the straights, so really looking forward to this one!

Reactions: F1Scotgolf

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
I'm sorry, but I'll be assent for this race.

See you for the next weekwnd in France ;).

Good luck to all.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm on a high at the moment and hope i continue with good results here ill be putting some time on this track as its one of my favourites unlike next weeks french gp i have no idea where im going round their struggle in sector 3 every time i've tried it .

Reactions: louielouie50

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quick jump on TT and feeling confident, just need to be careful with the corner cutting!

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
One thing that's been bugging me about this track is that at the wall of champions, you can't actually use the track like they do in reality (at least for TT mode). It's not even as deep as it used to be, but you can still get off-track penalties at it surprisingly easily.

than that, feeling okay and building up the pace. Hopefully we get some fun battles now that there's some runoffs and track width.

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
@Jason007 Going to miss this race and maybe the next one too. Good news is Logitech are sending me out a new Wheel but it will probably take a week or two. My championship hopes are looking slim now but hopefully I can have a bit of fun and help @ramma in the constructors when I get back on the grid. See you all soon ;)

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
@Jason007 Going to miss this race and maybe the next one too. Good news is Logitech are sending me out a new Wheel but it will probably take a week or two. My championship hopes are looking slim now but hopefully I can have a bit of fun and help @ramma in the constructors when I get back on the grid. See you all soon ;)
Glad they were able to do something at least! We're still 2nd in team championship, so I just gotta keep my wheels and wings on the car while you're waiting.

Reactions: Carbon

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Anyone want to practice around 8pm UK tonight?

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Sorry for late notice but recovering from
A bug so will miss tonight. I would like to commentate and stream on my channel as I can just sit there under a blanket and talk. So an invite for commentating would be good if that’s ok?

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Sorry for late notice but recovering from
A bug so will miss tonight. I would like to commentate and stream on my channel as I can just sit there under a blanket and talk. So an invite for commentating would be good if that’s ok?
Actually going to give it a go in quali and see how I feel

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
First ever pole position. Timed it to perfection to get 2laps on drys

Race started great got passed early and pitted one lap before and second stint we had a great race. Well done podium finishers

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF P3
RACE P2

For so long I thought I had it won but @chris130256 was just too quick and got me with 5 laps to go. I had some great battles with him and @F1Scotgolf throughout the race, exactly what we’re in AOR for. Congrats to Chris on the win and to @Nick-1054 for rounding out the podium. Also special mention to my teammate @xGATECRASHERx who actually finished a race today :ROFLMAO: Maybe some points in France next week???

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
QF P3
RACE P2

For so long I thought I had it won but @chris130256 was just too quick and got me with 5 laps to go. I had some great battles with him and @F1Scotgolf throughout the race, exactly what we’re in AOR for. Congrats to Chris on the win and to @Nick-1054 for rounding out the podium. Also special mention to my teammate @xGATECRASHERx who actually finished a race today :ROFLMAO: Maybe some points in France next week???

Damn good battle between the front-runners there! Great stuff to watch!

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q - P15
R - P8

Pre-Race Interview - Canada would easily be the race that I have least prepared for. The only true practice came along before the race on Sunday afternoon. The setup felt good overall and the one-stop strategy seemed to be king. Canada is a very short lap and very narrow, so position is key and avoiding mistakes. With so little race prep I planned on starting from the back of the grid and avoid causing any chaos.

Qualification (0:10) - Initial weather forecast shown Inters for the entirety of qualy. Went out early for a recon lap and to test all buttons/pedals/wheel. Later in the session Jeff mentioned it could dry out by the end of qualy. Noticing that everyone set laps on the Inters, I figured I could be cheeky and possibly set a banger of a lap on the Hypers and sneak a pole position. Spoiler warning... it didn't work. Long story short I went too late on the brakes and overcooked both attempts. Back of the grid I shall start. :confused:

Strategy (5:55) - One-stopper is the way to go. Dry race from lights to flag, so no worries about the inters/wets. SS > US is the strat. Thinking of possibly a SS > HS, but I'd have to see what my track position would be at the time and how the SS feel. That would certainly be a very long SS stint. +3 laps of fuel for some extra Rich-mix run time.

LIGHTS OUT! (8:40) - Good start but went very conservative into Turn 1 and Turn 2, waiting for any chaos to play itself out. @xGATECRASHERx is just ahead in P14, @iej76 just behind in P16. I fall back to P16 and see a few pieces of carbon fiber. Nearly run into the back of @Wesley3071. Rounding the outside of Turn 2 I punch the throttle in Rich mix and Max ERS to climb to P14. Nearly run into the back of @Wesley3071 again into Turn 6 and run a bit wide.

Lap 1 (10:05) - @Wesley3071 overtakes @SEAN-GBR into the final chicane and I stab the brakes hard to avoid a collision, which causes me to have a very poor exit of Turn 14. @xGATECRASHERx is hot on my tail.

Lap 3 (11:40) - @SEAN-GBR loses the rear exiting Turn 2 so I move up to P13. @xGATECRASHERx is filling my mirrors and won't let up.

Lap 4 (13:55) - @ramma dives into the pits and a yellow flag thru the final chicane. The Wall-of-Champions claims @MJ7 as a victim. I slow up and swerve left in-case the ghosting fails me.

Lap 5 (14:50) - The mid-field starts to close up with myself, @JimiRäikkönen, @Nick-1054, and @xGATECRASHERx rounding thru the Turn 10 hairpin.

Lap 5 Continued (15:05) - Down the long straight, DRS, Rich Mix, and Overtake ERS, I go for the overtake on @JimiRäikkönen into the final chicane. Proudly I manage to make it stick, only to realize he went into the pits anyway. Anywayyyy P8. In the points! @xGATECRASHERx remains close!

Lap 8 (17:55) - More front-runners pitting puts me into P5, following closely behind is @xGATECRASHERx in P6 and @iej76 in P7.

Lap 8 Continued (18:55) - @xGATECRASHERx gets a good exit and is damn close.

Lap 9 (19:35) - Slightly worried I may have broken his wing.

Lap 12 (23:20) - My teammate @iej76 goes into wall and retires. :cry:

Lap 13 (24:20) - I can see this MASSIVE pack of cars approaching @xGATECRASHERx. Figured it was the front-runners who have already pitted for their 2nd stint. Hopefully @xGATECRASHERx and keep them at bay long enough until around Lap 20 for when I pit for the US.

Lap 14 (25:30) - Up to P4.

Lap 18 (30:48) - @MrRobinhx is right on my tail entering Turn 6. I feel a hard "thump". Ouch... that felt like a broken front wing. Trying hard to maintain my position but 18 lap old SS vs. fresh US is not working well for me.

Lap 19 (32:00) - I tried to defend as much as possible, but now it comes to an end. I run wide into Turn 6 and @MrRobinhx takes advantage. @Nick-1054 is close by as well. He's got DRS and much younger tires, so there really isn't any reason to defend hard. I stick to the right and allow the overtake. Down to P6.

Lap 20 (34:05) - BOX BOX BOX! Time for the only stop for some US shoes! Exit the pits in P10. Still in the points!

Lap 26 (40:45) - I manage to close to the gap to @MrRobinhx entering Turn 1, but so does @louielouie50. A close battle between P6, P7, and P8 with 9 laps to go.

*Who murdered the 100 meter board into the final chicane??? :devilish:

Lap 27 (43:00) - Defended as long as I could but @Wesley3071 overtakes thru the final chicane with a very clean overtake. Down to P8.

Lap 28 (44:10) - @louielouie50 moves to the inside down the long straight, however, I lose track of the proximity arrows. I start to move back to the racing line expecting and dart back to the inside line. I feel a 'thump' and see @louielouie50 overtake. Not sure if any damage is caused but the overtake is clean. Down to P8.

Lap 32 (48:55) - @ramma with the late braking on the outside. Full lock right but still make contact with @ramma's right rear. Luckily no damage to myself but it does put me offline and @JimiRäikkönen takes advantage thru the hairpin. Damn, now I'm out of the points. Only penalties can help me now. I'm 2/3 for warnings with 3 laps to go. Need to keep it clean and hope for the best!

Lap 33 (49:50) - The banana goes completely pear shaped as @ramma and @JimiRäikkönen come together exiting Turn 9. Up to P9 and back into the points! P9

Lap 35 (52:10) - Final lap! Rich mix and High ERS! Running P9 behind @chaingang123 in P8 running the HS tires, and just ahead of @ramma in P10 running the US. I'm without any time penalties at this point so all I can do is put down my best lap and hope the penalties will work in my favor!

ACROSS THE LINE! (53:05) - Penalties applied that's a P8! I'll take it!

Post-Race Interview - After a somewhat disappointing qualy, and a surely disappointing result at Monaco, I'll take a P8. The race overall went quite well. Overall a clean race with a few missed braking points, but kept to my strategy and kept my wing in one piece yielded a solid result. I also managed to stay out of trouble and be one of the only drivers to finish without a penalty. A bit of my own speciality! P15 > P8. I'll take that result and 4 points to the bank! Onto France!

Congrats to @chris130256 on your first win!
Congrats to @Limaro Fipama and @Nick-1054 to round out the podium!

Onto France in one week's time!

Reactions: iej76

MrRobinhx

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2017
Q: 6th
R: 7th.

I had a decent start, and climb up one position. I have to be honest, i don't have the pace on the straits. Here is my highlight video, but i speak Norwegian.

Reactions: iej76 and Jason007