Aug 11, 2016
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@SuoBBis
@Pascheck

Last edited:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Now this should be a track where I can have a good go at it :D
Last season I had mesmerising pace in the wet so would really love for the heavens to open up again. My downfall in the end was track limits penalties, as I slipped from P2 to P5 in a race I should've won :hilarious:

• Funny
Reactions: Ian Bastein

Ian Bastein

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 15, 2017
Aaah good old Canada is next. Currently 1 of my 2 best circuits. Aiming for a good result here (as long as it stays dry :cautious:).

*mumbles to self* ''MUST NOT CUT TURN 1 AND FAST CHICANE BEFORE HAIRPIN''

• Kappa
Reactions: DemoN

SuoBBis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 13, 2014
I am sorry, but my school is so hectic atm, exams all over the place that I simply do not have time for next two races at Montreal and Baku. :( but after them I will have free/racing time again :)
@DemoN

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: _hN and DemoN

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
I'm sure you're all aware that the track limits are a bit dodgy at Canada to say the least on this game. I'm going to ask you all to try and complete a qualifying lap that is clean to the track limits (the white lines) as a result. Obviously, we do not have mandatory recording for qualifying - we won't for as long as I'm here - but anyone who is caught excessively abusing the track limits will be punished regardless. If you are on a hotlap and are aware that you have cut, I'd like you to either lift for a moment or abandon the lap. For this I have to place a lot of trust in you guys, so hopefully we can negate this issue together and enjoy the racing without worrying about corner cutting too much tonight!

@JurYEdits @WarnTyre @TSR Vadkan15 @sitya @B4sti @djrabes @Pascheck @N1kmido @Foton @Ciniak @adrioppe @_hN @SuperRace_PL @Kremaaa @PAPA SOKRATIS @Mulchian

Reactions: Ian Bastein

Pascheck

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2017
I won't be able to participate in tonights race. For some reason my internet connection is very unstable tonight

• Informative
Reactions: DemoN

Kremaaa

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017

Was I too agressive ? (real question)
Hopefully I will be champion one day for that

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
Well I got the lovely bug where you don´t have any engine sound (only turbo). Nice driving experience. I mean... I´m not even surprised or pissed off anymore.

_hN

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 28, 2017
Q- P3: Disappointed to only be P3, done a 10.0 but it got invalidated, I think quali pace was similar to @sitya but overall not the starting position I wanted (n)

R- P1: Start was really exciting, good launch of the grid and did the switchback in T2 on @Foton, then I was keeping up quite easily with @sitya until he made a crucial mistake into the last chicane, which gifted me the lead:angelic:. Then onwards it was all about managing the gap and the tyres.

Gratz to both drivers joining me on the podium (y)

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Not very happy with that. Got a fair few of those warnings behind an incredibly laggy @Kremaaa at the start. He kept desyncing and I had to jump straight over the final chicane to avoid him swiping me out. I think 4/5 of those warnings probably would get removed, which would easily put me back up to 2nd, but I'm not able to record without frame rate drops so in the end I can't do anything about it.

Was quite aggrieved at the time with @sitya, who cut the final chicane to retain his position ahead of me. This wasn't even me squeezing him out either as I was ahead. With the time lost in that also I think I could have easily had 2nd.

So yeah, not happy really at all. I pushed at the end to try and get a 6 second gap and then ended up getting another penalty through that and another through frustration. I cost myself 2nd in the end, but other factors really don't help me deal with that.

Was terrible on the ultras due to having a WAY too high ballast, but then on the supers I think I was probably the quickest guy out there until they died at the end. I invalidated my best quali lap also so could have started 2nd and made it a lot easier than starting 6th.

Oh well, not to be in the end. Nice to finally show the pace that I can have for a change though. Fair play @_hN, very solid win.

Reactions: Ian Bastein and _hN

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Also note that I was unable to get the race director tonight. For one I was having a bit of trouble with the recording software, and two, people advanced before I had a chance. Please don't do this in future.

Ian Bastein

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 15, 2017
Q-P7: Since Thursday I've been struggling with my Qualifying pace. I know i can do a 10.4 but only managed a 10.8 this time around. At least I'm glad I managed to get in the top 10 for the start of the race.

R-P5: The start wasn't too great, I went good off the line but then I almost got overtaken on the inside of turn 2 and going side by side in turn 3 I didn't get enough space to keep it on the track so I had to go on the grass to avoid a collision which cost me P7. From then on i cruised behind the pack in P8 and steadily growing a lead over the cars behind. I was driving really solidly without any mistakes and felt pretty comfortable all around. Then kremaa retired which put me up into 7th place and then 2 other cars made contact which put me up into 6th and close behind Vadkan (i think it went like this but having trouble remembering).

After that I was behind Vadkan for a while and decided to go for the offense as I didn't want to be held up for too long because he seemed to have slight wing damage. I went for a few bold moves in turn 1 but they didn't end up working out. Then on the lap before my Pitstop I went for a risky outbreak on the inside line at the hairpin and just barely managed to make it stick.

After my pitstop onto the Supers at the end of lap 12 i think I had N1kmundo on my gearbox for about 10 laps straight. He had the pace over me on the straight but I managed to get just enough in the cornering sections thanks to my setup to stay ahead of him and eventually start creating a gap thanks to him running out of spare fuel I think.

At this point I still had no penalties and was within 2 seconds of 4th and within 6 seconds of 3rd place so I was hoping for them to have penalties as Jeff doesn't like me enough to give me the information :rage:. And then finally on lap 30 I almost lost the car during breaking heading into the wall of champions chicane which caused me to cut it and giving me a 3 seconds penalty which eventually costed me a possible podium because of everyone's time penalties. this got me a bit gutted but overall I am very happy with a 5th place finish considering I am still new and feel like I've got a lot of improving to do before being able to contest for podiums.

Big thumbs up to Vadkan and N1kmundo for their amazing driving during our battles! And of course congratulations to hN our winner!! and the other 2 that have made it onto the podium!

Vadkan

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 7, 2017
@Kremaaa It was a weird crash i tried to be side by side into that chicane but it not gone too well for you really sorry if i was wrong. Here is my P.O.V:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Had a good view of that. Optimistic in the extreme to go around the outside that late in the braking zone I must say.