XB1 - Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix [26/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix [26/11/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Dan Hawkins - McLaren Dan

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Definitely looking forward to this one as well. I'm trying to fight my way into that tight battle for 2-6th lol

Update: Looks like after some practice I can get about a 1:11.5 consistently though a 1:12. That last chicane is the death of me lol

Last edited:

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Best is an 11.5, IF I can string everything together then I may be pushing into a very high 1.10 but that's not looking likely atm. Consistently in the 1.11s

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Race pace has been consistent but man when those tires start to go off watch out! Lol. Anybody have any tips they wanna share with me? I'm just using the setups from TT leaderboards #Noob lol

Last edited:

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Wife is working away tonight so I have all 3 kids to myself. All in bed but if you see me parked up it's because the little one needs milk.....

...... or I screwed up the chicane.. either way.

Reactions: Hockeyhead019

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Quali: Ugh, slow. P7 should have been ok though .

Race: Yikes. First lap was terrifying for the first few corners, cars... everywhere cars! Lol. Somehow I navigated through that just fine only to spin the car on turn 6 the next lap. No damage but I didn't have the pace to catch too far up. I did manage to have a terrifying sandwhich between @Meks Unseen @ChrisCross44 and @Jack Badman at one point but that didn't last long as they flew past me lol.

Reactions: Meks Unseen

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Qualified 6th which was good enough. binned it on lap 1 and was last with front wing damage so had to pit. Pitted for softs with a plan to go to the end and worked my way up into 5th and would have probably ended up 3rd. I don't know exactly how I crashed. All I know is that I hit the wall of champions

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
THE LONG CON PAID OFF!

Holy crap I didn’t think a podium was possible today. I knew my only shot was to qualify on the SS and make them last as long as possible until I got on the Softs. Then it was a battle between me and ChrisCross who I swore was going to pit any lap since he was on the US.

Kudos to him for racing me clean, that was an interesting race (at least for me).

Bring on Baku! Let’s go!

Reactions: ChrisCross44

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Qualified 4th. Could have been more but my last hit lap there was a car at the start of sector 2 parked on the apex so had to abandon that lap.

1st lap was definitely a bit scary. Formulactors lag scared everyone and eventually damaged the front wing badly and pitted lap 1 for another set of US. Binned it again and managed the wing damaged til I pitted for the SS. Spun at the start of sector 2 and had to painfully wait to reverse and get going again. I knew brown Dnfd so I had to get as many points as possible. I was in 8th but 9th place just pitted for US and with a penalty of 3 seconds there was no point fighting. Damage limitation today. Worst race this season. Onto Baku I guess. Not my favourite track if I'm honest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
Well I mean I had a bad race but luckily everyone near me in the drivers did too so wasn’t the worst day to have a bad race onto my favourite race now

Reactions: davrath

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Well I mean I had a bad race but luckily everyone near me in the drivers did too so wasn’t the worst day to have a bad race onto my favourite race now
Same. Disappointing but not the end of the world. Murphy is the real winner here

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Gg to murphy. Also to my team mate chriscross hauling all our teams points today keeping the constructors fight alive

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisCross44