Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q:12th

Wasn't optimistic of a great qualifying today as I have struggled with a setup. The game put me on the US despite me selecting I as the weather obviously changed. I went out with a high wing angle, didn't feel confident to push and consequently I was the slowest US runner by some margin.

R: 17th (RET/DNF)

Lost my wing and got a 5 second stop/go which the game didn't record me as serving and added to my finish record. I bollocksed up my setup by tabbing through the presets without actually setting them (so I ended up on Preset 2). Then a controller glitch as I navigated up the MFD instead of down and back to the top gave me the W instead of the US. I span out of the pits and into the wall to retire. All she wrote, although I did spectate you lot. I'd rather race if I'm honest.

Reactions: TheEpicSnowWolf

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Then as I was settling for 2nd, I had a fast Kiinako again behind me on fresh tyres. I was determined to keep a gap up to @Neil Bywater on his ultrasofts, and so chose not to let him past. Instead, on lap 33, he let himself past at turn 2 by lining up his run. Bit annoyed that was overtaking me since I was on the lead lap but whatever, 16th place is more important than 2nd after all. Then what happened next was, ridiculous. Not sure if lag played a role or whatever but he moved over on me and the car lost grip, I'd slammed on the brakes but found the grass, working the steering like a madman to get the car under control. Nope, I skidded off into the barrier, losing my front wing. If you or anyone else has footage of that incident, I would like to request permission to use it. Driving like that, lag or not, is actually a joke.
Who hit you off?

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
A very odd one. Remember I asked on Discord if somebody went back into the pit going the wrong way coz I saw a map dot doing that.

I suppose a desync could give this effect. Game loses a car near pit entrance, thinks it went down straight, then the car is detected again and it's in the pits, and the game interpolates it's position backwards to the pit lane.

It gives us clues on how the net code probably works

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
I remember someone saying "warpy's ghosted" before he ghosted right in front of me while braking for turn one. That one was a bit of a shock!

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017

Forgot to change audio output so no sound from these highlights (Make your own car noises in your head) , but anyway here they are, a few decent battles

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Why did you have to be right behind me as I, without any concentration left, just forget to brake?!? Makes it all the more embarrassing :banghead:

• Funny
Reactions: TheEpicSnowWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.