Jan 12, 2014
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
People I want to strangle right about now :rage:

-The Codies employee that defined "Track limits" around this place
-Whatever moron designed that chicane at the start of the 2nd sector...

• Agree
Reactions: maxafc46

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
@ramdrop Will you take care of the peepz tonight since Fis is obvs not here?
Let me know should you have any issues, I'm around most likely.

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
It just occurred to me that every corner on this track is a chicane or a hairpin... Montréal pls.

Also töpä won't be here for this race cos he's in Abu Dhabi as well. :p

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Well that was even more Codemasters...

Q lap was terrible but knew I'd only have 1 chance before the rain came so took it super carefully, looks like everyone else did the same. On lap 3 I had to brake in the middle of the fast chicane to avoid Raven's lagged car (not sure if desync, server lag or my own connection) and that caused @NonRunner to lose his front wing against my car :( really sorry about that, have no idea how that looked on your screen but I barely managed to avoid Raven's car, was lucky to keep my own front wing.

Made a mistake taking ultras for the second stint as the rain didn't come soon enough again... though when it did, I potato'd the hairpin, had a massive lockup and lost ~3 seconds, only to come back on track and get "illegal overtake on n0body" even though I couldn't see his car anywhere... lost P2 from that but anyway, stuff happens in the world of Codemasters :hungry: and some had it worse. Still got P3 at least even after avoiding @n0body_ 's solid ghost car every 3 laps :banghead:

Dunno if it's just me but it feels like this game gets more and more broken with every passing week, really hope that improves soon cos it's not fun trying to avoid all these issues when all we want is a trouble-free race.

Good fight at the end @Raven - just didn't have enough to catch you in the rain and congrats ofc to @Timp

Reactions: Raven and Timp

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Well this pen actually stabilized my chair and it decided to brake in the middle of the wall of champions chicane.

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
That race was just perfect for me made only few mistakes and the pace was there. Got bit lucky with traffic compared to others. GG see ya in baku.

• Winner
Reactions: NonRunner

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Quali: P3

Got about as good of a lap in as I could under the pressure of the rain coming pretty quickly in the session. Not sure if I could have improved on 2nd lap with the rain already falling but a cut at turn 3 put an end to that. Thankfully it didn't cost me any positions.

Race: P2

The start went pretty smoothly as Dani didn't get a good launch and Timp easily got past into turn 1. The 3 of us along with sigro then settled into a rhythm and pulled away pretty quickly from P5. I lost DRS range to Dani a few laps into the race and on lap 7 or 8 I thought he made a mistake and took off part of his wing after hitting the wall but that was not the case at all. I managed get past him into the final chicane as I saw he had damage from after the race he confirmed it was desynced car.... nice one Codemasters. So the move was a bit late but I wanted to get past ASAP to not lose a lot more time to Timp as I was already 4 seconds behind at that point. I made the decision to then pit at the end of lap 8 to try to undercut and gain a bit of time back on Timp but unfortunately I came out in a ton of traffic which he managed to avoid several of them by staying out an extra lap and having that 4 seconds gap. That gap proved to be pretty crucial. I managed to get my way past RaikoGordon fairly quickly and my teammate Kerry. After that however things got tricky. ramdrop was stuttering and spiking around quite a lot and that made overtaking him a bit more challenging. I just tagged his right rear wheel going into the hairpin with a sort of last second move to try to catch him off guard. I saw that I had made contact on his side clearly so I lifted and let him back thru on exit. But I then overtook him down the straight with DRS. Next up was Max and I gotta say this to start off. What in the world is the point in the insane defending? I understand that since we all were going to have to pit again that technically it was a battle for track position but I think it's a bit over the top. It didn't compromise me that much but I think all that overly defensive driving is quite unnecessary. Arox was a bit more sensible with his aggressive defending as he kind of baited me into a move on the outside going into the last chicane in S2. He broke earlier than I expected so I ended up having to jump off circuit which sigro capitalized on and overtook both of us in the span of 10 seconds. The rest of the race after that was pretty straightforward. The rain came and soaked the track a lot quicker than I think most of us expected. This forced me into a few mistakes before pitting for inters on lap 26 but nothing major. Jumped sigro due to his unfortunate time penalty with a desynced ACR n0body but considering the bad luck I've had so far this season, I appreciated the assist in any way. Made a couple mistakes in the final 10 laps on the inters but held the gap somewhat steady over sigro and held onto P2. Pretty proud of the result after taking the day off last week in Monaco.

Congrats to Timp and sigro on the podium and to Slick for somehow carrying the SS to lap 25 or 26 and getting a well deserved top 5!

Bad luck to my ACR teammate Ross (n0body) with the desync issues going on and same to sigro and FormulaDani who suffered the same (and to anyone else if I missed your name). It's a complete joke that this kind of crap that was happening on F1 2011 is STILL happening 6 years later. I'd love to go off on another diatribe about Codemasters but there's just no point because they'll never fix their games to the extent where we can all simply turn up on a Sunday and just race with no glaring issues. I wish for nothing more than for that to be possible but with this game I've lost all hope.

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
Let me just channel my inner @Raven here for a bit.

Disclaimer.
There will be A LOT of swearing and bad language in this, so if you don’t want to read it, then don’t. That’s your warning.

You’d have thought by now that codies would have some clue how to actually make a game. Apparently not. It’s just like all the others. If you play the game just as a casual player, you will never find anything wrong with the game at all. But as soon as you want to get into anything competitive, it just completely falls apart. Let’s start with the glaring issue. The absolutely fucking awful net code. How do you guys go from having the net code being perfect one patch to absolutely fucked the next? You’ve been at this for 8 years now you think you would’ve learnt something in that time. Apparently not. It’s also nothing to do with my internet as I streamed all 4 races I did in F2 with 0 problems whatsoever (@sigro can back me up on that). Each patch you’re putting out makes the game worse for online, and I have no idea how you keep screwing up this badly. @Ycoms’ constant screen freezes, the awful desync that has just appeared out of nowhere and isn’t just affecting my race, but everyone around me on track that can see “Me” driving round slowly.

All that “Caring about the community” stuff is horse **** too. The only reason anything on this game was fixed was because of the eSports semi finals. This game would still be as **** as it was back then if it wasn’t for the eSports tournament. And while I’m on the subject of eSports... How. How do you screw up something so simple? Having a race on realistic cars in the semis, and then in the finals, having people crash and get completely shafted by the bugs that you know exist and refuse to fix. How do you manage to have someone DSC at a LAN. That takes new levels of stupidity, and I can only congratulate you for that.

You’d better actually create a good game for next year, or alternatively, fix this one (But I think everyone here already knows that you fixing a game fully never happens) If you don’t step it up, F1 and codemasters will VERY quickly become an absolute laughing stock in the eSports scene, no matter how much F1 sponsorship and money you pour into it.

/endRant;

Tagging @David Greco now as he is probably in the best position to get these points across to the guys at Codies.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Timp

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
That was a sh*tshow. This game has really tested my patience as of late.

I was out until about 7.50 so only just made the lobby with zero practice. Had a rough setup for 100% so dropped some wing which was a mistake as the car felt crap. Messes up quali hugely, capable for a mid 10 but ended with a high 11.

Start was ok but of course this is codes and opted for super strategy until the rain hit, as per the graphic I expected a third wet so roughly lap 23/24. My game was suttering around like a bitch so much so that when I'm behind someone they literally stutter ahead and gain time on me.. @Raven saw his first hand and it's as bad as you can see.

Jeff said at lap 24 or so that rain was 15mins away so I pitted for ultras. Exited the pits and made turn 2 and low and behold it was raining which just ruined my race completely.

I'e no idea how to fix these stutters but if anyone has an idea i would appreciate it because it' becoming a joke now.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Next up was Max and I gotta say this to start off. What in the world is the point in the insane defending? I understand that since we all were going to have to pit again that technically it was a battle for track position but I think it's a bit over the top.
Well you kind of answered your own question, with rain possible at any time I was fighting for track position and with only @Slickk in front it was more beneficial for me to try and hold you guys at bay then try and catch him. I don't think that my defending was too aggresive, but I was trying to keep you guys as best as I could and considering I was able to for a few laps at least i don't think I was unjustified in fighting for those positions.

• Agree
Reactions: Raven

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
What could have been an amazing qualifying ended up being **** because of the rain. It was still my fault not to go out immediately and then I'm not sure whether it was just me being slow or the track being slow... anyway P7 was damage limitation considering how much I practiced for the race I was aiming for Top 4 result in Q, didn't work.

I lost a position at the start, so it was P8 in the opening laps. With @Marek and @n0body_ missing the chicane I grabbed P5 for the moment, but @Marek seemed quicker, so I let him past and wanted to stay with him to catch the leaders.
I have no idea why my pitlights didn't turn green immediately, but what can you do.
Then I had an intense battle with @Bereznay Dani , not the cleanest battles with some contact here and there.
Got to say sorry to @Marek for the maneuver in turn 2, that is not how you should overtake someone. So.. I apologize.
Braking too early into the hairpin allowed @Bereznay Dani to pass me but he had a moment with @Kez so I went past him again.
Then he overtook my by touching me and sending me into a big slide, it might have been a bit of a lag incident, I don't know.
The battling continued, it was quite exciting to be part of it.
I jumped @Marek when going on Inters (mostly because of his wing repairs I guess) and tried to get @NonRunner in the end, but he picked up his pace early enough to keep me behind.

It is a shame that we had this desync stuff going on once again, even though it wasn't me this time.

P9 is decent, some points are there. I want more. Just a bit more.
See you all in Baku!

Oh, and congrats on the win @Timp !