PS4 - Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix [29/09/19 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix [29/09/19 8PM UK Time]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th September 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Joost
@iej76

Last edited:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Reminder to all that we have a break week between Monaco and Canada! Enjoy the weekend off, then we come back racing for Canada!

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
I will not be racing this match. Im not going to make it to be in time at home.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

L3W1_UK

Pro Karter
Aug 22, 2018
Wow. Amazing race guys.

First pole position of the season, felt a good lap.
Unfortunately race pace wasn't as good as was a bit too conservative first stint.

Had an amazing battle with @Pxcam all race long, we swapped positions a couple times.

Last edited:

Kellvinnr3

S18 AOR PS4 F10 Champion
Sep 10, 2017
Q9
P1

Started qualifying on the medium tire to mix up the strategy, but seeing my position drop I decided to go out on the soft. Had a great lap, purple both sectors just to mess up the last corner and get a invalid lap. So went out again and got disconnected. Thankfully had a second invite so jumped back in but was not able to rejoin on track, so P9 it was.

Start of the race was great, I wanted to take the inside of T2 to stay clear of the (possible) mess in T3, this worked out good and got up to p6. Than I got lucky because someone missed their breaking zone in T7.
Overal pace was good on the mediums, when I switched to the softs (lap 12)I had a clear advantage which gave me room to breath. Switching back in lap 20 to mediums @L3W1_UK and @Pxcam where having fun behind me, and this gave me the possibility to save tires and drive to the finish.

Great and clean race.

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Qualifying: P4 (started P3 due to a grid penalty for okeke)
Race: P6

I didn't want to say too much yesterday because I was really angry after the race. Qualifying went better than I thought. I didn't have that pace in practicing the whole weekend but when it was time I did good laps which brought me up to the second row.
The race starts was horrible for me. In T2 (first "real corner") I had @Pxcam on my right side and I think that two cars next to each other in that one is enough. He left enough space as he went really wide. But as not enough @Fernando Fio went for a move that made it be three wide. He pushed me which made my wing damage slightly but as I bumped into @Pxcam I came back on him and ended up with a yellow wing without any space left. In T6 I had to deal with my broken wing which made me lock up and end on the grass (@Kellvinnr3 I think you meant me in your post).

Considering that start I found myself in P14. The first stint was a joke for me as I did laps on softs like 2sec slower than what I thought I could have done with a normal car. No matter what I even gained some time on the cars behind until the first pit stop. Coming out with a new wing and fresh mediums I had an horrible incident missing the braking point out of the pits and ended up in the grass one more time. After that I had the pace that I wanted even though there was DRS failure for a few laps in my second stint. No matter what I was able to close a big gap and ended up in P6. Video is with a bad quality sadly due to some problems with the new tv that I didn't get fixed but at least I can present you a few overtakes.

See you in France with a "wing friendlier" manner for the first corners hopefully!

Last edited:

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P10 (starte in P9 for a grid penalty for @Antonio Sapienza)
R: P7

Good result for my at my first race in Canada, that isn't one of my favourite tracks.
In the qualifying without the error during the last attempt my lap time target was 0.3 or 0.4 seconds better.
The race was very clean and the feeling with the car was good for all the 35 laps. In the first part of the race I kept the 6th position, keeping behind @Philip_66 first and @MrRobinhx then. At lap 32 @DonSteeringwheel ovrtakes me so I finished in P7.

See you all in Franch ;) .

Bashful4

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Q: P2
R: DNF

I practice a lot for this track to race without the racing line, it went pretty good. The qualify was good with a P2.

The race started good behind @L3W1_UK, i just wanted to stay in DRS zone and save some ERS for later one, we get a few space from the P3 has some trouble must have happen back there.

@Pxcam in P3 was getting close to me, at lap 4 i started to see some conection issues from the @L3W1_UK car.
On lap 6 @Kellvinnr3 pass @Pxcam and came close to me very fast on M tyres. On that lap i hit the back off @L3W1_UK car on the 180º turn before the straight, sorry about that, miss my braking a litlle, i got a yellow front wing from that. @Kellvinnr3 made the move right on the end of that straight and i get P3, looking for 1 or 2 more laps to pit.
Lap 7 @Pxcam my teammate was now just behind me and i have a wing damage so i let him by, just after that in turn 9 (i think) the @Pxcam car got a slightly bump from connection issues that made me ease up the throttle, then when hit the throttle again, i spun to the wall. DNF. What a mess. So much pratice for just 7 laps.
Well, better luck on France.

Congrats on the winner and podiums guys. Good race for my team mate @Pxcam

Reactions: DonSteeringwheel

L3W1_UK

Pro Karter
Aug 22, 2018
Q: P2
R: DNF

I practice a lot for this track to race without the racing line, it went pretty good. The qualify was good with a P2.

The race started good behind @L3W1_UK, i just wanted to stay in DRS zone and save some ERS for later one, we get a few space from the P3 has some trouble must have happen back there.

@Pxcam in P3 was getting close to me, at lap 4 i started to see some conection issues from the @L3W1_UK car.
On lap 6 @Kellvinnr3 pass @Pxcam and came close to me very fast on M tyres. On that lap i hit the back off @L3W1_UK car on the 180º turn before the straight, sorry about that, miss my braking a litlle, i got a yellow front wing from that. @Kellvinnr3 made the move right on the end of that straight and i get P3, looking for 1 or 2 more laps to pit.
Lap 7 @Pxcam my teammate was now just behind me and i have a wing damage so i let him by, just after that in turn 9 (i think) the @Pxcam car got a slightly bump from connection issues that made me ease up the throttle, then when hit the throttle again, i spun to the wall. DNF. What a mess. So much pratice for just 7 laps.
Well, better luck on France.

Congrats on the winner and podiums guys. Good race for my team mate @Pxcam

Unlucky on the crash mate. Was a good battle for a few laps