Apr 3, 2018
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Schnixel
@Ozgur Bayrak
@GJoe_Breezy07

Last edited:

Tobias Eichinger

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
The Desync is incredible... you literally can't race close to each other in this game.
Starting to loose the fun in it:(

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Race report:
Qualifying: finished 7th, i could have done soooo much better, but not even in practice i managed to do a lap i was happy with so the chances of it happening in the race were slim, almost improved on my map on the US, but i cut the last chicane so unfourtunately that didnt happen.
Race: Had a great start moving up to 5th on the first lap. Then a few laps later i overtook @Tobias Eichinger he tried to reovertake me but he wasnt able to. Then i pitted for SS that i was taking to the end of the race on lap 9. I came out in 7th ahead of @HiippariLate and eventually @tough_2_handle came behind me around lap 15, but i kept him behind untill around lap 25, when he hit the back of me and got damage. So therefore @Hasnain was the one who tried to overtake me, but he never came close enough. So i ended up in 3rd which is by far my best race of the season

Reactions: Hasnain

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Race report:

Qualy: I didn't really feel like I had to qualify and start on the ultras since the hypers feel pretty decent around here in the race, but since there's time for 4 runs and I happened to put together a really nice lap on them that put me third I decided to back out of my 2 tenth improvement on the hypers that only would've gained me 1 position regardless.

Race: Lost a position in the start to taquilo and stayed in 4th for a few laps until he, and later on slimbo started struggling on their hypers to get me up to second. Started to catch up to Jordy a little bit until he pitted and I stayed out on my ultras, hoping he'd get held up a bit in traffic but he seemed to get a fairly clean run on the undercut. Came out 6 seconds behind Jordy when I pitted and was hoping my 5 laps fresher tyres would give me an advantage at some point, but he just had the pace on me here and pulled out another couple of seconds til the end of the race. I was fairly clear of third place after my pit and with my slightly fresher rubber and the battling going on for 3rd I could keep pulling away for a fairly comfortable P2 thoughout the 2nd stint. Wouldn't have changed the results but I almost got away penalty free, but grabbed a 3 sec penalty on the second last lap in the last chicane. Good result anyways on a pretty tricky track with track limits, and great that Hasnain made his way up the field for 4th, putting us 1p behind Ferrari in the constructors!

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P13
Managed to invalidate 2 of my laps and the other to were not good and so I was in P13 (just like Spain)

Race - P4
Managed to get a good start for once and got past Vik. After that I was just picking up the pieces from incidents up ahead. Was P5 by the time all the pitstops were done. Tried not to get too involved with the battle up ahead as I knew that there were gonna be some quick people behind on a charge. Was behind Frandy for the last 8 laps (and probably quicker on fresher tyres) but couldn't execute a move properly and so i finished P4 (just like Spain). Slightly annoying being so close to a podium again but I really can't complain after starting 13th, especially given that it wasn't really a great performance from me.
Congrats to @Jordy Lopez on the win and to @jomppalainen and @frandythomsen on the podium.

Highlights:

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Race Report:
Qualifying - P13
Managed to invalidate 2 of my laps and the other to were not good and so I was in P13 (just like Spain)

Race - P4
Managed to get a good start for once and got past Vik. After that I was just picking up the pieces from incidents up ahead. Was P5 by the time all the pitstops were done. Tried not to get too involved with the battle up ahead as I knew that there were gonna be some quick people behind on a charge. Was behind Frandy for the last 8 laps (and probably quicker on fresher tyres) but couldn't execute a move properly and so i finished P4 (just like Spain). Slightly annoying being so close to a podium again but I really can't complain after starting 13th, especially given that it wasn't really a great performance from me.
Congrats to @Jordy Lopez on the win and to @jomppalainen and @frandythomsen on the podium.

Highlights:
That last squeeze by @frandythomsen pure unfair driving. You could off got him on the switch back going out of the hairpin :mad:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
That last squeeze by @frandythomsen pure unfair driving. You could off got him on the switch back going out of the hairpin :mad:
Was planning to just go around the outside, but yeah it didn't help, I don't think I was alongside before the braking zone on his screen probably.

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
Q. Second race in a row I qualified on pole! Very happy with qualifying!

R. I don't if my starts are horrible or @SlimboDude just has a rocket blasters in the rear because his starts are just too good. I thought he had a drive through penalty for the start because the lights were still red when slimbo started going on my screen but that didnt happen so it was a good race in the first stint. On lap 6, I was able to get past slimbodude to take the lead of the race. After my stop i knew I had to push because @jomppalainen was fast in the US and when I pitted, he was right behind me. On my second stint, I got two 3 second time penalties and jomp was 6.9 behind me with 5 laps fresher tires. I knew jomp didnt have any penalties and knew I had to push every lap so once the penalties went into my time, I wouldnt lose the race. Managed to pull a 10 sec gap and fell off slightly with two laps to go. So happy that I got my 3rd win of the season! Congrats to everyone on the podium! Looking forward to France!

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Q. Second race in a row I qualified on pole! Very happy with qualifying!

R. I don't if my starts are horrible or @SlimboDude just has a rocket blasters in the rear because his starts are just too good. I thought he had a drive through penalty for the start because the lights were still red when slimbo started going on my screen but that didnt happen so it was a good race in the first stint. On lap 6, I was able to get past slimbodude to take the lead of the race. After my stop i knew I had to push because @jomppalainen was fast in the US and when I pitted, he was right behind me. On my second stint, I got two 3 second time penalties and jomp was 6.9 behind me with 5 laps fresher tires. I knew jomp didnt have any penalties and knew I had to push every lap so once the penalties went into my time, I wouldnt lose the race. Managed to pull a 10 sec gap and fell off slightly with two laps to go. So happy that I got my 3rd win of the season! Congrats to everyone on the podium! Looking forward to France!
Did the same thing happen in Monaco? Slimbo's lights went off earlier? But yeah he ended up having a drive through for speeding under VSC

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Yeah Monaco he was off just as the lights went off with the reactions of a cat bitten by a radioactive spider, but Canada was slightly desynced I think.