PC - Round 7 - Hungarian Grand Prix [27/05/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - Hungarian Grand Prix [27/05/18 8:00pm]

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
@Ryndal hahaha :D sorry for the pace but im practicing a lot these days :)
Ye great race from my point of view.... I had to switch my strategy after my first stint, i wanted to push with softs to go for the 2 stops... but i saw that everyone was on mediums for the one stop so i had to go slow and safe my tiers to go through the end! ? could ve gone wrong :O

Good race guys! :) see you on sunday again ;)

• Happy
Reactions: Ryndal

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
@Pappiii Please don't get me wrong, but is it fun for you to go 1st from start to finish? I think you (and probably Danny aswell) belong a league or two higher at the moment, because behind you there are about 7-8 people that can take pole or podium. Right now it's just up to who takes 3rd and behind, unfortunately...

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
@thomasooo The disparity between Pappiii/DannyTard and the rest of the F9 split is something i've been keeping an eye on. Pappiii has clearly shown quite a quick pace since joining the league, but more importantly is very consistent. Danny has consistently high qualifying places but sometimes drops in the race. Most of the races since Pappiii joined the league have seen him qualifying and finishing first, but the gap between him and the 2nd place finisher wasnt always super large. The last two races have seen a 20+ second gap though, and that's a bit too large, at least in my opinion. My plan was to wait and see how Belgium goes, and then bring it up to the other coordinators that we may want to change things up after the week break that follows Spa. There's not guaranteed to be any movement made, as F7/F8 may not even have an open space that Pappiii could be moved into.

One thing to note that I find interesting, the times you all have put up this season in F9 are typically faster than F8 was just last season. It would seem that on the whole, AOR is becoming faster across the entire league structure for F1 2017.

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
guys :) Practice practice practice :p i dont wanna be arrogant or something, but i really put the hours in after i finished 7th in Baku :p i mean watch Limitless hotlaps, he describes every breaking point and when to turn into the corner... i mean i progressed a lot with those videos :)

Reactions: willv

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
One thing to note that I find interesting, the times you all have put up this season in F9 are typically faster than F8 was just last season. It would seem that on the whole, AOR is becoming faster across the entire league structure for F1 2017.
i became much faster indeed previous year was my first encounter with online racing and with no assists so that was pretty cool but i wasn't fast and yeah now iam much faster so that is true

Reactions: Pappiii

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
guys :) Practice practice practice :p i dont wanna be arrogant or something, but i really put the hours in after i finished 7th in Baku :p i mean watch Limitless hotlaps, he describes every breaking point and when to turn into the corner... i mean i progressed a lot with those videos :)
Practice is everything, I just haven't had the time with the end of the semester. I will be practicing a lot more after Spa.
Also, I bought F1 like a month before joining AOR so I am not that disappointed with my pace. I just need to be more consistent and lap times will come from that too.

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
yess thats all i guess... i mean before the race in baku when i joined... i had like 2 hours in F1 2017! so not so much.... and now i am at 30 hours... so i really put the hours in for the last few races :p i mean you cant just say lets kick pappiii he is too fast... i mean they didnt kick vettel either when he won 10 races in a row, or schumacher... thats just not how it works ? Every win motivates me to go even faster and to dominate even more... I mean there are 2 different types of people, those who take it as a motivation to get even better and those who just sit back and wine... pls dont get me wrong i dont want to offend you m8... just defending myself and telling you guys how i see it :)

Ryndal

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
yess thats all i guess... i mean before the race in baku when i joined... i had like 2 hours in F1 2017! so not so much.... and now i am at 30 hours... so i really put the hours in for the last few races :p i mean you cant just say lets kick pappiii he is too fast... i mean they didnt kick vettel either when he won 10 races in a row, or schumacher... thats just not how it works ? Every win motivates me to go even faster and to dominate even more... I mean there are 2 different types of people, those who take it as a motivation to get even better and those who just sit back and wine... pls dont get me wrong i dont want to offend you m8... just defending myself and telling you guys how i see it :)
I think they just wanted a more congested field, and from what seems to be the case, you're also fit to compete in F8 and possibly F7 with that incredible pace of yours. Although this gives me motivation and a bit of a goal to beat, although right now you're a bit far away, haha! I just hope I will be able to get some practice in before the race this week as there are more than me that wants to challenge you! :)
Sadly this track is not one I've been able to practice too much.. XD But we'll see, I'm determined to challenge you sometime in the future, maybe season afterwards if they decide to move you :D

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
i hope to finish on the podium now cause i have the pace but well yeah luck hasn't been my best friend last couple of races so i have the pace now luck and no contact

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
also guys observe and know what to do cause when i was fighting with @thomasooo and we were going to turn 2 i knew he would go wide cause i observed him and i was on the outside so if you know these kind of things step out and wait for a better oppurtunity cause otherwise there will be a crash so observe and use that knowledge against someone it is usefull and that is how i can overtake some of you guys.

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
While the thing with training is absolutely true, i want to point out that
1. there are people that cannot train as much as others because of job, family, hobbies etc.
2. If you just started with 2 hours before Baku that means you have a very steep learning curve and therefore probably generally a better pace than all of us
3. The league should provide anyone a chance at winning the race IF he has a favourite track and puts the hours in to train during the week. Thats what i did and it wasnt even remotely enough to even challenge you :)

I absolutely didnt want to start a discussion and certainly not one about "kicking" anyone. Just my few thoughts...

Reactions: willv