May 24, 2017
Round 7 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@teunvanberkel

Last edited:

FraGioco9

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 25, 2018
Taken out at the start in an incident where it wasn't my fault, AGAIN... I'm so so so unlucky, I couldn't be arsed to finish the race. I'm not going to practice for this league anymore, I'll concentrate on another league where the situation is less bad than here :(

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Knee was being a bitch in the start of the week, so no practice there. Windows update was being a bitch by killing my wheel drivers up until this morning, where I was able to fix it by reinstalling windows (-_-), so no practice there. And with me never being able to be quick on this circuit for whatever reason, this was gonna suck.

14th in qualy, figures.
Dead last in race. Went up to P8-9 through all the carnage in lap 1. Then I didn't notice that someone had taken out the 150 and 100 meter board in T1, so I missed my reference and plowed in the car in front of me, who seemed to have done the same but less bad. After wing change spun again a few laps later, and last lap I decided to just pit and try and get fastest lap or something, but failed that lap as well. Can this track just not exist in the future? Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: trumpa94

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
People really need to rethink their sign-up in the league. First I get blocked in qualy. Then in the 1st stint of the race I get punted off by someone after he gained advantaged off track. Then in my 2nd stint I got hit at the exit of turn 2, which eventually made me crash into the wall.

This track is really hard to overtake, so be patient to overtake. If you know you're faster, do it at the start/finish straight or at some other point where you have enough room to overtake. This race honestly was complete trash.

Snook

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 16, 2017
Qualy P5

Really messed up my laps in this one, definetly 5th position was fortunate.

Race P2

Had an average start but some drivers made mistakes and I was up to 3rd, right behind @Portex. It seemed like I had more pace than him but since the pace difference was not that much, overtaking was pretty much impossible. I had a few unsuccesful attempts at overtaking until we pitted.

After being stuck behind for 17 laps, we caught up to some cars that did not stop yet and I just managed to squeeze by to overtake @Portex in that chaos. I was ahead finally but the damage was already done: @RichyB was comfortably 10 seconds aheadin the lead of the race. After that, I decided to settle in for P2 and keep it clean to not get any penalties.

Race victory was a possibility but I only have myself to blame for it for not qualfying higher. Well done to @RichyB for such a strong performance!

Last edited:

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Well, didnt practice last couple of days so I was bit slow in the Qualy. Managed P8, was happy with it. Had good start but as I was speeding to the T1 I was steering just a little bit to the left, unfortunately, clipping (I believe) @Thomas Schmidt and @Jipper and went into the wall. I apologise guys, it was a stupid mistake. Tried to stay on track with damaged front wing but went into pits at the end of L2. Tried to go to the end. Had @T-Havok and @Borderline for the company, even though they were faster I had skinny wings so I could outrun them on the straight. Last lap my "tyres were done" (insert Vettel voice from Bahrain) and I put fuel mix into rich which made things worse. Last sector my tyres gave up and as I was sliding in the last corner I knew I am not gonna save it and that was it.

All in all, was happy when I was riding P10, but it was not meant to be.
Sorry @Dazzy Oz and @T-Havok for small touches in the race

aaaaaand, because I got job, I wont be able to drive to the end of this season, meaning this was my last race. I am very sad to say that because I believe I could be very competitive in the next couple of races. Here is song for goodbye:
I hope I will be able to race against you next season on F1 2018. Cheers

https://www.therenaissancetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/sad.gif

• What?
Reactions: Snook

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
I qualified in 6th place but I went off track in lap 1 and dropped back to 9th. Some overtakes later, I was back in 6th but stuck behind @PiekarzPotato who defended very well. I couldn't get past on track, but got the position by pitting one lap earlier than him. After everyone pitted I was 5th, but now stuck behind @Flaf. I stayed behind him for the remainder of the race, and jumped from 5th to 3rd on the finish line because of penalties from @Flaf and @Portex.

Reactions: trumpa94 and Snook

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
On a track I really thought I would die, I do well.

Qual was a very surprising 3rd place, but I did seem to have a good hang of this track.

The race was a different can of worms. Because I forgot to disable the low latency mode on twitch, I was lagging all over the place and so did every other person around me. Apologies for that, after the race I disabled it so I should be okay after this race.
Now, back to the race: first three corners were actually pretty alright, with me losing just one place to @Portex, but then in T4 on the exit I either clipped the outside curb or put down the throttle too fast but all went tits up and I almost died there. I could salvage it, but I was now out of points. After that in the following laps, people had their own problems where they pushed each other off or whatever, so after the first stint I was kinda by myself up until @PiekarzPotato went out of the pits in front of me on Mediums for a reason I won't understand. This track is really hard to overtake on, but a mistake on his behalf let me overtake him, and I kinda just cruised until the chequered flag.
P5 after penalty additions was my best result in this season so far. Feels kinda wierd, because in comparison, in S14 I already had a win and four more points finishes.

Flaf

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 29, 2017
Qualifying:
Was hoping to put a lap down in the 1:17's at least but it wasn't meant to be. I was up a few tenths on my second flyer but blew it in the last sector. Started from 10th on the grid.

Race:
Got through the first lap carnage cleanly which gained me quite a few positions. I was trying to stick with @Snook and @Portex but by the end of the first stint they had gain a good margin on me. From there it became a battle for forth as we navigated the late pit stoppers and came under massive pressure from @Kreosteijn. I was just trying to keep it clean and on the track, our pace/straight line speed seemed pretty similar. I took 2 time penalties, the second one coming on lap 34, while dealing with the pressure from behind to the end of the race.

Overall I was quite pleased with the consistency I had in this race; could of been P3 due to time penalties in front, but was happy to come home P4 and that I was able to defend my position to the end of the race. GG

The clips we're taken from the twitch stream, you may hear me talk in the video.