Sweden
Round 7 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th October 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@LefterisElite
@Polars Bear
@MurphysLawl
@Mika223

Last edited:

MurphysLawl

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 18, 2017
United States
Hi guys,

Sent my busted wheelbase in last week, my new DD base hasn't arrived*, and I do not feel comfortable driving on gamepad cause I for sure will affect someone's race being we’re at Monaco.

With that, hopefully I’ll see you guys next week! Good luck at Monaco!

*If however; my DD base shows up 30 minutes before the race, I MIGHT participate but as of right now I’m a no show.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ryndal

Billamy

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Greece
Well, what can I say. I could've had pole in quali if I hadn't made a mistake. Hell, I could've won the race if I didn't rack up 6 seconds of penalties and didn't smack my wing two times, having to box twice with a wing change. At the end of the day, the only fun part in my opinion was finally getting into a fight with @yohann .
Congrats @iBlue . I hope I didn't punt you at the start!

iBlue

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
Hungary, Budapest
Damn that was a great race! @yohann , @Billamy and @cpat407 all had similar pace to me so I expected a great race.

Sadly I didn't manage to put together a good quali lap, but started P2 anyway. The undercut was so sweet I'm still smiling since the moment I've come in front of yohann after he pitted haha!

And then it was just hammertime, so nerve-wrecking. Damaged my wing with 10 laps to go, but managed to take the car home in first place! :)

My hands are still shaking since crossing the finish line...

Thanks everyone for the race, this is why I've joined AOR again. Adrenaline! :)

Hope everyone has a good break! ( I certainly will because I have a week off from work. Perfect timing haha!)

20201018221523_1.jpg

yohann

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 8, 2020
Tours
Damn that was a great race! @yohann , @Billamy and @cpat407 all had similar pace to me so I expected a great race.

Sadly I didn't manage to put together a good quali lap, but started P2 anyway. The undercut was so sweet I'm still smiling since the moment I've come in front of yohann after he pitted haha!

And then it was just hammertime, so nerve-wrecking. Damaged my wing with 10 laps to go, but managed to take the car home in first place! :)

My hands are still shaking since crossing the finish line...

Thanks everyone for the race, this is why I've joined AOR again. Adrenaline! :)

Hope everyone has a good break! ( I certainly will because I have a week off from work. Perfect timing haha!)

View attachment 121614
Congrats man for the win and especially for the undercut ;)

BoxAFrog

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 4, 2018
United Kingdom - Gateshead
P5 to P5, quite happy with that one, sadly my recording never recorded the whole thing with making a few overtakes I was pleased with. I was gutted when I broke my wing the first time as I felt I could have maybe snuck onto the podium, either way a good hall of points. big congrats to @iBlue for your first win of the season!

cpat407

Formula Karter
May 21, 2020
Brussels
Congrats to @iBlue for breaking @yohann's iron grip on the highest spot on the podium. That undercut... well played.

As @iBlue said it seemed pretty close between the first four cars and I think everyone could have taken it today. Qualy was not good, but a fun race without damage in Monaco is a pretty good result for me. I kind of made the decision to take a cautious approach and not be too opportunistic. So maybe I could have tried for a real attack on @iBlue, but I didn't want to endanger P2, so I just played it safe, see if anyone would make a mistake or get a penalty.

Looking forward to the next race in two weeks, hopefully as close as this one. There's a chance I won't make it because I'll be travelling and it might be a bit tight.

MurphysLawl

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 18, 2017
United States
So... I started the race on gamepad anyway (shoutout to @Ryndal for prying me lol).

Only lasted around 9 laps before I realized that I'm going to affect someone's race, cause I was a hazard on the race track. I'll even post the my stream cause it's pretty much a 25 minute gag reel. So if you need a laugh, link is below. I HOPE my new wheelbase comes in this week because I really do miss my simrig.

AOR F10 Monaco (Gamepad Hell Edition)

Last edited:

hotlapmode

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2020
Italy
I did the maths, and i would've cost Alpha Tauri 2.400.000 euros in front wings this race (300.000 x 8), all i have to say:LOL:

didnt even have the time to practice so my goal was to finish the race, which fortunately i managed to (in p11 though..)

Once again sorry to @doyle for the Quali incident, it was a mistake on my side and it won't happen again

RampageJackson

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 1, 2020
Germany
Congrats to your win @iBlue !!!

For me this was a pretty chaotic race from the beginning. At first my fanatec wheel felt kind of weak in terms of the forcefeedback (i drive on 140 ingame and 100% on the wheel) and it felt like ive never driven before. So my first times in the quali were really horrible... so i decided to restart my wheel and that was the biggest mistake i could do :D Even though my ff was back at normal again... all my buttons were set to default and i didnt knew where the DRS button was and i panicked into the last try in the quali because the timer was very low... but my last time i set in the quali was kind of ok and i could start from P7. Just 5 sek before the start i figured out how to get my settings on the wheel back which made me very happy... and then it happened, my biggest nightmare: After @BoxAFrog hit @Zygfryd -while trying to get his car straight after the first corner- @Zygfryd lost his car and ran right into me so i got squeezed between him and the barrier. This led to a damage on both sides of my front wing, which you can see in the following video:

@BoxAFrog no offense on you, i mean **** happens and we can clearly see that it wasnt on purpose. But as i can see in your video, you had your overtake-mode still activated in and after that corner... it was just too much power to accelerate properly out of the corner.

Yeah after all i had to pit twice after the incident and lost much time, but at the end i managed to land on P6. I had a huge gap between the front and the back driver so this whole race was kind of boring for me. No actual fights against other drivers, just a big fight against my mind to stay concentrated :p

I conclusion it was still fun to race and i am very pleased that my biggest nightmare track is over (frist time without racing line):sneaky:

See ya in azerbaijan mates!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cpat407

BoxAFrog

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 4, 2018
United Kingdom - Gateshead
Congrats to your win @iBlue !!!

For me this was a pretty chaotic race from the beginning. At first my fanatec wheel felt kind of weak in terms of the forcefeedback (i drive on 140 ingame and 100% on the wheel) and it felt like ive never driven before. So my first times in the quali were really horrible... so i decided to restart my wheel and that was the biggest mistake i could do :D Even though my ff was back at normal again... all my buttons were set to default and i didnt knew where the DRS button was and i paniced into the last try in the quali because the timer was very low... but my last time i set in the quali was kind of ok and i could start from P7. Just 5 sek before the start i figured out how to get my settings on the wheel back which made me very happy... and then it happened, my biggest nightmare: After @BoxAFrog hit @Zygfryd -while trying to get his car straight after the first corner- @Zygfryd lost his car and ran right into me so i got squeezed between him and the barrier. This led to a damage on both sides of my front wing, which you can see in the following video:

@BoxAFrog no offense on you, i mean **** happens and we can clearly see that it wasnt on purpose. But as i can see in your video, you had your overtake-mode still activated in and after that corner... it was just too much power to accelerate properly out of the corner.

Yeah after all i had to pit twice after the incident and lost much time, but at the end i managed to land on P6. I had a huge gap between the front and the back driver so this whole race was kind of boring for me. No actual fights against other drivers, just a big fight against my mind to stay concentrated :p

I conclusion it was still fun to race and i am very pleased that my biggest nightmare track is over (frist time without racing line):sneaky:

See ya in azerbaijan mates!!!!
ahh man! I was too busy trying to focus on leaving the cars width to the left I never turned it back off! am sorry that my mistake led to you loosing your wing too, but am glad you carried on and dealt with it and put a great drive to get yourself back into p6!