PS4 Round 7 - Monaco Grand Prix - [18/10/2020 8PM UK]

GTX_23x

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 24, 2019
France

Q: P5 1:09.817
I wasn't too disappointed in quali despite messing up my final run and even though it was around 8 tenths slower than my PB which I had set in my final lap of practice before the race. P5 was strong enough to be in contention though.

R: P2
I got probably my best start of the season so far (which meant I didnt lose out to other cars) and then was slightly later on the brakes into T1 than @Simon Besnard and with the inside line I managed to take 4th. Then after S1 my teammate @TheTubbyNinja dsc'd which I believe was the cause of the VSC. On his rejoin on lap 2 he took control at an awkward moment and got wing damage and then subsequently @GTX_23x hit the back of him to get wing damage himself. The next VSC on lap 3 presented an opportunity for a reduced loss in the pit lane and @rich500 infront, myself, and @MrJoshua took advantage but to my surprise Rich went for mediums.
Things remained settled for 10 laps with Rich predictably pulling away on quicker tyres until GTX crashed at the swimming pool from the lead still on his starting soft tyres causing a full saftey car. With Rich's pitstop under the saftey car I was promoted to the lead. The genuine net lead, I had no reason to pit on tyres that would make it to the end. All I needed to do was not get a penalty and no make a big enough mistake to allow a chance to Joshua or @timbob4321 who joined the battle at the front later on.
The plan was working perfectly with no real threat ever posed from behind until a lap 36 saftey car gave Joshua and opportunity to pit for softs and still be in P3. We were back underway with 2 laps left and Joshua got Timbob immediately off the restart. Out of Portier and into the tunnel the fresh soft to old hard tyres difference in traction was painful and I was forced defensive into the nouvelle chicane. I outbraked myself and got my 3 second penalty having been sat on 2 warnings since lap 3. Joshua also got a better exit and was ahead before Tabac. That was that and I crossed the line the most disappointed I've ever been on the second step of the podium. Still searching for that elusive first win!
Hi Tubby, I just want to say, I never touch u during the Monaco's GP, when u brock your front wing at the swimming pool, I don't touch you. I just want to stress you when I was behind.

If u want to see my POV; u can go on my Twitch's Channel.

GG all, see u in Baku.

TheTubbyNinja

F1 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Milton Keynes, England
Hi Tubby, I just want to say, I never touch u during the Monaco's GP, when u brock your front wing at the swimming pool, I don't touch you. I just want to stress you when I was behind.

If u want to see my POV; u can go on my Twitch's Channel.

GG all, see u in Baku.
Yeah I know, I think the only contact I had was into the Nouvelle Chicane for the first time after I reconnected as I went a bit deep so had barely any apex speed. I think you or Rich got wing damage on The back of me but I couldn’t look behind all race so not sure who it was. Either way wasn’t a problem for me

Reactions: GTX_23x

GTX_23x

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 24, 2019
France
Yeah I know, I think the only contact I had was into the Nouvelle Chicane for the first time after I reconnected as I went a bit deep so had barely any apex speed. I think you or Rich got wing damage on The back of me but I couldn’t look behind all race so not sure who it was. Either way wasn’t a problem for me
I think it's Rich because my only wing damage was when I hit the wall :D

• Informative
Reactions: TheTubbyNinja