PS4 - Round 7 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 7 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 - 8:00pm]

iContrast

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 10, 2017
Round 7 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Oceania F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (Melbourne time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
● Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

VTi-DOHC

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualifying: 3rd

A lacklustre lap only had me in 3rd. Focussed on race pace for this one.

Race: 2nd

A good getaway and with a bit more bravery I might have made up a place at the first corner. Just settled in behind the Ferrari's until Dubzzy retired. Gave chase to @Maznat87 but his straightline speed was phenomenal. I didn' take enough advantage with the undercut attempt, and I knew the soft tire would be a stretch. So on lap 18 I figured that I should be able to get past @iContrast and hoped that by pressuring maznat in the middle stint that his tire wear would be marginal, so another role of the dice with a second stop, I knew it was unlikely to pay off, but maznat's straightline speed made it impossible to pass and with my time penalty he probably would have kept me within striking distance anyway.. I made a mess of trying to repass contrast who defended well. Another good battle.

Hope to see you all at mexico. I will be coming back from holiday in thailand next sunday but should be back in Singapore in time for the race unless there's any delays.