PC Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [01/11/2020 8:00pm UK]

Akenari

Formula 4 Test Driver
Q: P12
R: P11
Dont know why i like walls so much. I made so many stupid mistakes it was insane.
I tried to push on my softs as hard as I can at the last stint. But it wasnt enough to get p10. And on the last lap i got a puncture.
Anyway those tracks are now gone and i come back stronger, trust me ;)

GGs to everybody tho :D

gdunc

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Fun race, first corner someone went side by side with me. I covered him up by taking the outisde carrying much more speed. After that I pitted for the mediums wich ended me up behind @Maverickisonline, overtook him on the straight and opened up a gap of 5 seconds. I was really worried I had taken the wrong tyre strategy, eventually I pitted again for the mediums wich brought me 2 seconds ahead of P2. Overall good race, pace was good.

I don't recall anyone overtaking me. Futhermore this was my first AOR race win, really happy! :)
Did you see me at all during the race? I was in the Alpha Tauri. I didn't see you at all after the start, and at the end it said you were in the alpha Tauri. Really confused about that.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Q:5
R:4

I actually managed to set a vaguely respectable lap time in qualifying for once, although I was probably about half a second off my best if I was able to string 3 quick sectors together...

The start was a bit scary but I somehow managed to avoid everyone and finish lap 1 in 5th position. I had good pace on the softs and but couldn't get past @gdunc because he must have been running less wing than me. We both pitted on lap 6 for hards and for some reason my pace was not as good on this tyre comparatively.

I employed the slow and steady approach for the rest of the race and decided to keep out of trouble. I didn't fight @MrZOCKson as I knew he was on a two stop. I got past @eyjafjallajökull near the end who had wing damage and nearly caught @Maverick on the last lap who presumably also had a damaged wing! I really pushed at the end but I needed one more lap though because I couldn't quite catch him. For the third time in five races I finished within touching distance of a podium! Overall, I am happy with 4th and glad to have finished without damaging my car at all.

Well done to @Jan Doring on the win!

gdunc

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Screenshot (164).png

Can see me passing @Jan Doring on the first lap there

Screenshot (165).png

Me in the lead on lap 18
Screenshot (166).png

End of lap 18 it says he's ahead by 40 seconds

Screenshot (167).png

Says he won the race in the Alpha Tauri by a minute at the end

Materiał

Semi-Pro Karter
Q: P10
R: P5
The race for most of the time was boring. I had no pace to catch people in front and I was too fast for people behind. Everything changed at lap 24 when Wiliams and Ferrari caught me. I was determined to hold my P6 so fight back. i don't know how did I survive but on lap 26 i saw a Renautl who was very slow i don't know what happened to him
but he was very very slow. I take occasion and overtake him. I am bad at describing so you can just watch the video below.

Maverickisonline

Formula 4 1st Driver
Here it is my race. Bad qualification, I could not do a 1'38" like in practice and I started 11th. But I could choose the medium tyres. I pushed my first stint as far as I could hoping a sc or a vsc but it didn't happen. I thought to put soft but I had no new softs, only old so I chose hard tyres.
At lap 22, I tried to overtake @eyjafjallajökull but he hit me and my front wing was damaged.

Somehow, I managed to keep my 3rd place.

MisterJasper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Race to forget for me. I just dont have the confidence without the racing line. I might turn it on again :unsure:. But I could also practice more....

I also hope the lobby next week won't be as buggy as today. It seemed @gdunc didnt see @Jan Doring. I was spectating the race and nothing was wrong on my end.

I already updated the standings so take a look.

gdunc

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Race to forget for me. I just dont have the confidence without the racing line. I might turn it on again :unsure:. But I could also practice more....

I also hope the lobby next week won't be as buggy as today. It seemed @gdunc didnt see @Jan Doring. I was spectating the race and nothing was wrong on my end.

I already updated the standings so take a look.
Argh that's frustrating. First time I've had to deal with a major glitch on this game, feelsverybadman.

MisterJasper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Argh that's frustrating. First time I've had to deal with a major glitch on this game, feelsverybadman.
Yeah I think it was just bugged for you, on Maverick and Material their POV I can see Jan Doring driving.

Zeerovert

Formula 4 1st Driver
Fun race, first corner someone went side by side with me. I covered him up by taking the outisde carrying much more speed. After that I pitted for the mediums wich ended me up behind @Maverickisonline, overtook him on the straight and opened up a gap of 5 seconds. I was really worried I had taken the wrong tyre strategy, eventually I pitted again for the mediums wich brought me 2 seconds ahead of P2. Overall good race, pace was good.

I don't recall anyone overtaking me. Futhermore this was my first AOR race win, really happy! :)
Congrats dude! (y)

Jan Doring

Pro Karter
Did you see me at all during the race? I was in the Alpha Tauri. I didn't see you at all after the start, and at the end it said you were in the alpha Tauri. Really confused about that.
I think I saw you in the beginning not sure

gdunc

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
In my defence imagne if I wasn't bugged in your game, I would've still won by a fair margin.
I know man, I'm just kidding around! Your pace must have been something else, I definitely didn't have any answer for it. Really good stuff. Sorry if I seemed a little salty or annoyed last night, didn't mean to come across that way. Just the game being a pain as ever.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Enjoyed that little battle with you! I thought I'd maybe blocked you a little at T2 but doesn't look too bad in the video!
It was a fun battle! Yeah I wasn't blocked. I didn't really want to try to pass you anywhere except T1 anyway because it's just so risky at Baku.

Zeerovert

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oh god that last lap puncture was just too much :LOL: I feel like the game is just trying to break your spirit there.

Great video with a perfect soundtrack (y)