Dec 9, 2016
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track guides

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
So...what happens this time with me. Is a meteorite going to fall on my car or will I just explode when releasing my clutch ?

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y ! I finished a race ! Didn't happen in like a month or so.

Qualy 8th :

Well, I stopped training hotlaps because of 3 social this week, that all ended in tears... SO yeah.

Race 8th :

I'm a crazy dumb bastard ;D Sorry for my braking point mistake on the race start. Strategy : SS/S. 18 damn laps on my soft tyres, finished with 91% on my front right !

It feels so good to finally be able to finish a race !

That's' official, his name is @Thezz Kvyat ! XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobby

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Kvyat confirmed.

Congrats Hinyaldee, no worries about missing your braking point. I'd overshot anyway before you tapped me and you weren't the only one, these things happen.

I was reasonably happy with quali although I felt I left a few tenths out there.

Not much to say about the race, I dislike Baku. Had a average start off the line, which I feel is usually a strong area for me, a little bit of front wing damage in T1, but then was gaining on Dobby in P2 while I was sat in P3. Took it cautiously most of the way round and then got careless braking into T16 and there goes my race.

Sucks as I would have been one for a good race if I could try to keep pace with Dobby but these things happen. There's no more tracks left on the calendar that I actively dislike at least.

Reactions: Dobby

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Qualy: 7th

Only got 1 lap in, because I crashed in the castle section and lost my right front wheel..

Race: 1st.

My plan was to keep the car in 1 piece and see where I would end. Because most of the time people lose a front wing here and have to pit one more time. And it worked like a charm. Got trough the chaos in T1 and drove up to p2. There I was trying to chase down @Fersiphion but he was faster than I was, so then I was waiting for him to make a mistake. It took some time but it happened eventually. He made a bad pitstop (stop and go?) and pitted for Mediums. So I came in 1 lap later and pitted for Softs and ended up in front of him. Then he made his biggest mistake and lost a front wing and drove 1 more lap with it which costed him alot of time. So after that it was just keeping the car in 1 piece until the end and just bring it home. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Thezz

Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2016
hahahah fine kvyat, that was a BIG cookup from me hahah, i was soooo focused on not smashing @Amstar27 s car hahahah so i miseed my brakingpoint byt 9099999999999 meters