Apr 22, 2014
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Jess

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Not sure if I’m going to make this one guys as it looks like I’ll need to travel for work on Sunday evening.

Anyone keen to be host and capture the results for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnard

Formula Karter
Aug 19, 2017
I may not be available for this one, it depends when I get home from football

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
I can also host the lobby for the next race. Got glass fibre connection here and below I have posted a couple of speedtests with the UK and US:

Not to be arrogant or anything, but I think it is best if the one with the best connection will host the session.

Reactions: Biolite80

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
I can also host the lobby for the next race. Got glass fibre connection here and below I have posted a couple of speedtests with the UK and US:

Not to be arrogant or anything, but I think it is best if the one with the best connection will host the session.
If everyone's happy for Douwe to host then seems to make sense..

Thanks. Gutted I'll miss the race (although I've never driven Baku) but I need to travel from the arse end of England to Leicester for work on Monday and I can't leave it that late to travel, it's about 320 miles so the sensible decision is to miss this one and get up there before last orders ;)

Good Luck to everyone and I'll get Canadas results up before the race (always a bit chaotic in the run up to xmas before I can enjoy 3 weeks off)

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
If everyone's happy for Douwe to host then seems to make sense..

Thanks. Gutted I'll miss the race (although I've never driven Baku) but I need to travel from the arse end of England to Leicester for work on Monday and I can't leave it that late to travel, it's about 320 miles so the sensible decision is to miss this one and get up there before last orders ;)

Good Luck to everyone and I'll get Canadas results up before the race (always a bit chaotic in the run up to xmas before I can enjoy 3 weeks off)
That is alright @Jozzers. Hope to see you in Austria again then.

I will send everyone that I did not have as a friend on Steam yet a friend request. If you have not received it, please let me know.

Sloth

Pro Karter
Nov 9, 2017
well that was by far my worst race I crashed out on the first lap , I was really looking forward to that race but oh well

AspergerNerd

Pro Karter
Nov 30, 2016
I'd like to apologise to everybody for what happened in qualifying. it was an utter farce on my behalf. For some reason I thought I could let a guy through by going into the practice road, not factoring into account that you can't turn your car around in a practice road, then I ripped my front wing off, then chaos occurred. Sorry again. I didn't complete the qualifying lap to make myself start at the back because I was ashamed.

As for the race the track was designed by Satan.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
That was a shitty race for a lot of people... But unlike Monaco, Canada and Azerbaijan, where 1 little mistake can mean the end of your race, the next 2 races (austria and silverstone) have a lot more room for error. So let's hope more people will make it to the finish line in the races to come.

Reactions: Biolite80

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
The last few and next few races are damage limitation for me as I have a lot of exams. After the break though I will be able to practice again and hopefully challenge @RichyB who looks unstoppable right now and is only 17 points behind after joining late. As for me I was on a 1:42.1 in qualifying but ran out of fuel on the line so started 7th instead of 3rd. On lap 1 I made up 3 positions due to carnage and found myself stuck behind @TRL_graveltrap, when I finally passed him at the end of sector two on lap 4 he passed me straight back on the straight and @Bas-BB pulled of one of the moves of the season around my outside. That lap I lost my end plate and nearly went to 6th but after the two haas drivers disconnected and retired and @IntergalacticGentleman make a mistake I cruised to a lonely third. Baku is my favourite of the street tracks but I hate the last three races and can’t wait for the European season

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
So this was quite a race. To start with, it was a shame that we only had 14 drivers to start this weekend with. It was nice
to see @RichyB make it in time for the race where he was not sure whether he would make it. But yeah, that and all the DNF's
of the race made it one of the more painful ones of this season. @AspergerNerd this track may have been designed by Satan, but
it also gave you your best result of the season so far. So that is something positive I would like to add.

For me personally it was another solid race, but not a lot going on for me.
I managed to put my Torro Rosso in P2 on the grid with only about a tenth of two of the pace from @RichyB, who once again showed his greatness and
put his Sauber on pole for the race. I could have improved with going up by two tenth's already after the first two corners in my last attempt of the session, but
made some stupid mistakes in the middle sector.

Then for the race I had not expected that the pace difference between me and @RichyB would have been this big. Finishing in P2 with more than 20 seconds behind him
was a kind of embarrassing for me. I must say that in the latter stages of the race I kind of let my pace go down as I was focussing on just finishing, driving in nomansland with
more than 30 seconds behind me to @EditedStorm27. But still it was quite shocking to me. But furthermore it was quite a lonely race for me with only one overtake I believe. This
one was after I pitted and came behind some guys who still needed to pit. I could use my DRS once on the start finish straight and overtake a car who actually was pulling into the pits
as I looked behind me so to call it really an overtake might even be a little bit too much. So yeah, pretty boring race overall. Hope that in the next ones we can all have some nice battles
with each other again like we did in the beginning of the season.

Then for the race results. As I hosted the race instead of @Jozzers I think it is wise to put the results as I have them now first on the forum here and if anything is not in order then please let
me and most of all @Jozzers know.

QualiResultsBakuAL2.png

RaceResultsBakuAL2.png

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Just so I can include the league table in my video, do non-finishers score points or not
i.e were there only 5 points-scorers last night