PC - Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/17 8:00pm]

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
I think you only score points if you complete at least 90% of the race. This means that Menk scores points but the rest probably doesn't. But don't quote me on that.

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
This race was a nightmare. We need to work on our race starts and first lap....I don't want to sound like a jerk but its starting to get ridiculous. I might just throw my qualy so i don't have to deal with the inevitable mid field pile up.
on another note @AspergerNerd I don't really understand? to me at least it did not seem like you didn't mess up my qualification.

Last edited:

AspergerNerd

Pro Karter
Nov 30, 2016
So this was quite a race. To start with, it was a shame that we only had 14 drivers to start this weekend with. It was nice
to see @RichyB make it in time for the race where he was not sure whether he would make it. But yeah, that and all the DNF's
of the race made it one of the more painful ones of this season. @AspergerNerd this track may have been designed by Satan, but
it also gave you your best result of the season so far. So that is something positive I would like to add.

For me personally it was another solid race, but not a lot going on for me.
I managed to put my Torro Rosso in P2 on the grid with only about a tenth of two of the pace from @RichyB, who once again showed his greatness and
put his Sauber on pole for the race. I could have improved with going up by two tenth's already after the first two corners in my last attempt of the session, but
made some stupid mistakes in the middle sector.

Then for the race I had not expected that the pace difference between me and @RichyB would have been this big. Finishing in P2 with more than 20 seconds behind him
was a kind of embarrassing for me. I must say that in the latter stages of the race I kind of let my pace go down as I was focussing on just finishing, driving in nomansland with
more than 30 seconds behind me to @EditedStorm27. But still it was quite shocking to me. But furthermore it was quite a lonely race for me with only one overtake I believe. This
one was after I pitted and came behind some guys who still needed to pit. I could use my DRS once on the start finish straight and overtake a car who actually was pulling into the pits
as I looked behind me so to call it really an overtake might even be a little bit too much. So yeah, pretty boring race overall. Hope that in the next ones we can all have some nice battles
with each other again like we did in the beginning of the season.

Then for the race results. As I hosted the race instead of @Jozzers I think it is wise to put the results as I have them now first on the forum here and if anything is not in order then please let
me and most of all @Jozzers know.

View attachment 33382

View attachment 33383
I was so busy worrying about messing up everyone else's race that I didn't even notice how good my result was! XD

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
So, I almost didn't make it for this race, but I'm happy I did.
In quali, we had to restart the lobby, which was in my favour, because my lap after restarting was a lot better than my initial lap.
My start from pole kept me out of the first lap chaos, but I had to push very hard to break out of drs distance from @Douwe_C .
After that, I was able to take my supersofts a few laps longer, giving me fresher softs for the rest of the race. After my pitstop I pushed for the fastest lap and then started to manage the gap and try to avoid mistakes. Congrats to @Douwe_C for his best result this season and congrats to the other 4 point scorers.

Reactions: Douwe_C

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
This race was a nightmare. We need to work on our race starts and first lap....I don't want to sound like a jerk but its starting to get ridiculous. I might just throw my qualy so i don't have to deal with the inevitable mid field pile up.
on another note @AspergerNerd I don't really understand? to me at least it did not seem like you didn't mess up my qualification.
Start submitting stewards requests for the incidents. The league has things in place to handle these problems, but nobody in our league ever submits them. Ive submitted one as has Kasi, both ended in BasBB getting time deductions and penalty points. After a certain number of penalty points they start resulting in things like qualification/race bans.

• Informative
Reactions: Head Squid

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Start submitting stewards requests for the incidents. The league has things in place to handle these problems, but nobody in our league ever submits them. Ive submitted one as has Kasi, both ended in BasBB getting time deductions and penalty points. After a certain number of penalty points they start resulting in things like qualification/race bans.
ok well thats good to know, I did not know we could do that. How do you go about submitting requests to the stewards?

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
ok well thats good to know, I did not know we could do that. How do you go about submitting requests to the stewards?
There's a Stewards Panel forum for it, and theres some rules for how you submit the request but they're pretty easy. If you're recording your races you can submit links to the video evidence you have for the incident as well. They'll look at it and evaluate if anyone has broken rules with the evidence and assign punishments/penalty points depending on what they decide.

• Informative
Reactions: Head Squid

AspergerNerd

Pro Karter
Nov 30, 2016
I caused a massive pile up for some people at some point. At least I think I did.