XB1 - Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [3/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [3/12/17 8:00pm]

TRL Metcalf

Formula Karter
May 20, 2014
All bad luck in start but stuck with knowing people would quit but when it does not change my front wing in pit that just snapped me

AOR Charlie

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 29, 2017
So sorry to everyone who saw my driving, first proper league race with wheel but no proper excuses.

Millsehh

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 12, 2014
At the start of the season, if I were to have chose any track that I thought I'd get my first podium at, I would have chosen this one. Cheers for an awesome race tonight, guys. Lets hope the rest of the season is just as exciting!

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Oh
Alright guys, the driving standards dropped a bit last week, which was shown in the stewards enquiries, but nothing too serious. Anyway hopefully we can see an improvement this week. Also I just want to remind you to avoid making enquiries for very minor things, as the stewards have to deal with a lot of enquiries from the 28 tiers, just on F1 leagues.

TheGiant19

F1 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2017
Well I usually put a race report in so here goes...
Q: P4 BOTTLED IT AGAIN! As I've said I've done a 40.3 in TT and should have been at least on the front row but no, a 41.4 was all the best I could do...

R: DNF. Pretty sure nothing went right for me in this race
Started fine and remained in P4 on the run to T3, and then all the jokes I'm making to @AOR Charlie come into play. If you haven't seen the incident yet go have a look at the stewards enquiry, it's a good one. I then pit but of course @ihaycheese rejoined the session late and he got stuck in the other Force India, and of course he had to have some troubles and pit just ahead of me so I was jumped in the pits by @Rcfly3r1 and possibly @TRL Metcalf, although I got past the latter eventually.
A few laps later I then gave myself red wing damage but carried on a couple of laps, and of course the lap I decided I'd pit as I had nothing to lose at that point, @Rcfly3r1 loses it at T3, I slow down and get on the power too much on the exit and make the other half of my front wing red, and to top it off I don't slow down in time for the last corner of sector 2 crash straight into the wall and it retires me...

I'm still annoyed, I think mainly because based on everyone elses pace I should have got a podium minimum, and I ended up doing a lot of practice as I kept feeling like I could improve, and for it to be ruined before it really even started was just really disheartening. No hard feelings @AOR Charlie, I've done similar things and accidents happen, and congrats to the podium finishers

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Well I usually put a race report in so here goes...
Q: P4 BOTTLED IT AGAIN! As I've said I've done a 40.3 in TT and should have been at least on the front row but no, a 41.4 was all the best I could do...

R: DNF. Pretty sure nothing went right for me in this race
Started fine and remained in P4 on the run to T3, and then all the jokes I'm making to @AOR Charlie come into play. If you haven't seen the incident yet go have a look at the stewards enquiry, it's a good one. I then pit but of course @ihaycheese rejoined the session late and he got stuck in the other Force India, and of course he had to have some troubles and pit just ahead of me so I was jumped in the pits by @Rcfly3r1 and possibly @TRL Metcalf, although I got past the latter eventually.
A few laps later I then gave myself red wing damage but carried on a couple of laps, and of course the lap I decided I'd pit as I had nothing to lose at that point, @Rcfly3r1 loses it at T3, I slow down and get on the power too much on the exit and make the other half of my front wing red, and to top it off I don't slow down in time for the last corner of sector 2 crash straight into the wall and it retires me...

I'm still annoyed, I think mainly because based on everyone elses pace I should have got a podium minimum, and I ended up doing a lot of practice as I kept feeling like I could improve, and for it to be ruined before it really even started was just really disheartening. No hard feelings @AOR Charlie, I've done similar things and accidents happen, and congrats to the podium finishers
Screw the podium finishers. Especially that @Millsehh guy