XB1 - Round 8 - Belgian Grand Prix [03/06/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 8 - Belgian Grand Prix [03/06/18 8.00pm]

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Quali - qualified on the Supers instead of Ultras because in practice races I couldn't stretch my tires long enough, but got P9 which was a bit disappointing. Got fucked over instantly because it was Raining.

Race - Decentish start gained 2 positions before the first corner. But within 1 second I knew everyone was way faster than me I got overtaken by @Cinnamon Rage @Atul987 and @RT93 Klaus . Then i hit the back on @Cinnamon Rage just through lack of concentrations and smashed my wing off on him and the wall. Luckily I was right next to the pits but accidentally changed the "front wing change" option to "No" instead of "Yes" becaucaught up and he let me past, which he didn't need to do but I'll take it. @Dillon Katwa was chasing me down after that, he has much better pace than me and overtook me but then crashed and I re-overtook him. Then cruised home for a P7. Bit disappointing overall but one of my worst tracks so on to the next one.

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
Got 3rd in quali and was alright with that because I wouldn’t find half a second to get higher.

Had an alright start, (very) briefly getting into the lead and then got taken back over by @mightydylan3224 and @EditedFaun3698 which they then flew off down the road. Not much happened after that with just keeping @Atul987 @RT93 Klaus and @Proulx2001 behind. The most excitement I had was when my tv was about to turn off and I had to pause it with @Proulx2001 right behind me which I managed to hold off. I managed to hold on to 3rd to get my first ever podium in AOR!!!! So was super happy with the result!

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
A great race fo me, enjoyed the wet weather had the perfect set up, and if it wasn’t for 1 mistake I think I could’ve battled close with @mightydylan3224 and possibly could have even won.

Qualifying

Best qualify of the season for me so far, qualified 1st and was really happy that I could use my fastest set up in the dry, as had a alternative set up in case of a wet qualifying.

Race

Had a good start and thought I had blocked @mightydylan3224 of into the first corner, but fair play to him he did the switch back on me into the first corner and had the grip to get away from me coming out of turn 1. Had a chance to take back the spot coming into turn 4/5, but decided to pull out and not risk any contact, as I thought later, the race would come back to me and I could challenge him, with my race pace.
As mentioned above, I was closing in on Dylan lap by lap, until lap 6, when I was within 1.5 seconds, I was really pushing and skidded of the track, slammed on the brake and saved the skid and car, and that was my only chance to catch him gone.
Had a coming together with @Atul987, on lap 8, whilst coming out of the pits, and felt as if I was forced of the track going up en rouge, and lucky for him I saved the contact and was able to continue and finally retrieve the place back on lap 10.
Thanks to @Bayfield22 for letting me by on lap 11 as I had fresher tyres and that was the end of the race for me. I just had to keep concentration and get the car home in one piece.

So happy with another second place, well done again to @mightydylan3224, and will keep trying to keep you honest in the coming races, if can keep up the good racing. Well done also to @Bayfield22 for 3rd place.

Will upload race later

Last edited:
Reactions: Cinnamon Rage

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Boom another win unfortunate it wasn't closer et the end well done @EditedFaun3698 for second and @Bayfield22 far a 3rd place finish good finish
my point of view will be on youtube in about an hour or 2 my youtube is mightydylan 3224
Hey Dylan,

Just watched your start on your channel, great start mate, you’ve got to put that up for “overtake of the week”, think that would be one of the best overtakes of the week, that’s what won you the race??

Reactions: mightydylan3224

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
@BigBadPopperDom - mind me asking where you were? I missed you tonight, could've gotten good points :(
Hiya Mate,

Yes I did message the other week to say I was camping this week - you even messaged back to tell me it was SPA.

Sorry mate IM back for this Sunday -
Well done for the last race - I read the comments - 10th to 2nd wasnt it?
Dom

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Hiya Mate,

Yes I did message the other week to say I was camping this week - you even messaged back to tell me it was SPA.

Sorry mate IM back for this Sunday -
Well done for the last race - I read the comments - 10th to 2nd wasnt it?
Dom
Yeh I just remembered when I had already asked hah, yeh in Hungary 10th to second :)

Reactions: BigBadPopperDom

Jaakko pikkarainen

Pro Karter
Nov 28, 2017
@Jaakko pikkarainen Congratulations on the P8 mate, think you've deserved a few points after the last few weeks :)
Thanks mate! Dont know how proud can be those points cause after all only 8 guy finished the race but I'll take them with pleasure :) Just happy to do clean race on wet and nobody didnt have anything to complain so yeah good race for me its actually nice to hear some positive feedback for a while :) congratulation for winner u where insane fast on wet!

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
Qually:
Was blocked off during my first run so lost around a second in the final corner I reckon.
During my second run I just couldn't get a lap together, probably from trying too hard :p

Race:
Had a decent start but didnt really have anywhere to go in the first corner. So gained 1 position. Had a nice little battle at the end of the straight through to turn 8 with @Cinnamon Rage where I overtook him with a pretty nice move I thought. Then I had a pretty scruffy second half to the lap and lost a couple of positions, but managed to gain one down the final straight.

Managed to get to 4th by the third lap.
From there I just tried to keep it on the track, and not make any mistakes so I was a bit slower than I wanted to be but just wanted to get some decent points.

During the final stages of the race, @Proulx2001 was catching me rapidly, but I knew he had a penalty so just made sure I kept within 3 seconds of him.
Fairly happy with 4th considering my qualifying! :)

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
A great race fo me, enjoyed the wet weather had the perfect set up, and if it wasn’t for 1 mistake I think I could’ve battled close with @mightydylan3224 and possibly could have even won.

Qualifying

Best qualify of the season for me so far, qualified 1st and was really happy that I could use my fastest set up in the dry, as had a alternative set up in case of a wet qualifying.

Race

Had a good start and thought I had blocked @mightydylan3224 of into the first corner, but fair play to him he did the switch back on me into the first corner and had the grip to get away from me coming out of turn 1. Had a chance to take back the spot coming into turn 4/5, but decided to pull out and not risk any contact, as I thought later, the race would come back to me and I could challenge him, with my race pace.
As mentioned above, I was closing in on Dylan lap by lap, until lap 6, when I was within 1.5 seconds, I was really pushing and skidded of the track, slammed on the brake and saved the skid and car, and that was my only chance to catch him gone.
Had a coming together with @Atul987, on lap 8, whilst coming out of the pits, and felt as if I was forced of the track going up en rouge, and lucky for him I saved the contact and was able to continue and finally retrieve the place back on lap 10.
Thanks to @Bayfield22 for letting me by on lap 11 as I had fresher tyres and that was the end of the race for me. I just had to keep concentration and get the car home in one piece.

So happy with another second place, well done again to @mightydylan3224, and will keep trying to keep you honest in the coming races, if can keep up the good racing. Well done also to @Bayfield22 for 3rd place.

Will upload race later
On my screen, I didn't think we touched.

But having seen your view, you didn't exactly leave me much room there.
I thought i'd back out (probably did it a bit too late) but you turned in on me despite me being nearly side by side.

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
On my screen, I didn't think we touched.

But having seen your view, you didn't exactly leave me much room there.
I thought i'd back out (probably did it a bit too late) but you turned in on me despite me being nearly side by side.
We both got away with it this time, but I had the racing line, as you could see on my screen, I couldn’t see your front end next to me, but knew you were there, which is why I took the corner, I was technically in front of you.
Had a similar situation with @mightydylan3224 on lap 1, I pulled out because I could see his front end by the side of me as we took the corner together, which saved any accidents!

mightydylan3224

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 8, 2018
Hey Dylan,

Just watched your start on your channel, great start mate, you’ve got to put that up for “overtake of the week”, think that would be one of the best overtakes of the week, that’s what won you the race??
thanks for leaving the space otherwise that would have been a big crash if you or me hadn't leave any space