Aug 24, 2017
Round 8 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @karnak07
- @Maple

Last edited:

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
good morning guys, really excited for this race. to get a bit of house keeping out of the way another reminder is to race cleanly. also I am thinking that we should all hold off on readying up on the grid just in case anyone disconnects, too cut it short i am suggesting that I ready up and start the race when I see everyone is on the grid and ready. This would be easier also if all of you guys could get on discords on race day so Its easier to be coordinate this.

@karnak07 @MIKEZ0R @PRelease @Eriks0n @gameguy nl @Biolite80 @Head Squid @Agent Smith @Kryxeno @Raining Thunder @Reymps @yoko321123 @Cederlund @Maple @Icko @TJGAMER13 @Captain Slow @darkside1992 @HaiCo @Billamy [USER=33173]@Icko

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Raceday! Looking forward to it as always. Hopefully there are no bugs and we can all have a great, clean, and competitive race!

Kohai

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 25, 2018
And here is what should not be done, should be done, and should not be done...also, sorry to @Reymps about the contact, tried to stay as left as possible :/

Reactions: Reymps

yoko321123

Pro Karter
Dec 13, 2017
If someone got video (person who started more then 10 position like 11 position or 12 position) i want to see this cuz start for me was sick

PRelease

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2018

That was my POV of the start. But i couldn't see too much what happened. I was just trying to evade the cars around me.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I won't go on a rant. I just wanna say besides the first corner, I had a great race. Very satisfied. However very gutted for @Head Squid for his internet BS....I feel for you bro

Last edited:

Kryxeno

S15 AOR PC Assist League 2 Champion
Feb 6, 2018
A very promising and in the bag podium turned into a tough battle for 4th place. I started P4 after an early retirement. Once again kasi blocked me on my second hotlap, causing me to lose 0.5-0.6 seconds in the proces which would have bumped me up to P2 next to darkside. Unlike most I had a start as clean as a baby's butt, claiming P3 through turn 1. Afterwards I had a long lasting fight with @Captain Slow . I had to keep braking later and later to keep the gap to a minimum. Unfortunately I broke my wing in the back of Captain Slow. After pitting I had a small fight with @yoko321123 . Finally I had to push to the limit lap after lap in order to close the gap to PRelease. After overtaking him I coasted to the finish line, claiming P4. Meanwhile @darkside1992 either got a penalty or crashed and @Captain Slow swooped in to get the win.

Next race will be in 2 weeks so there will be a break, in which we will most likely train to be first.
I will also have my new pc so I can record that sweet sweet 1440p in 100+ fps.
Long story short. Good race, more potential and congrats to @Captain Slow.

PRelease

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2018
I have mixed feelings after this race. With crashing twice on the qualifying and starting from P12, in the race it was looking so close to the podium actually.

Starting with the softs was the best option for me and it worked very well until i was trying to overtake @Biolite80 . He made a little mistake at the end of the Kemmel Straight and i was too close to him and i broke half of my front wing with hitting him from the back on lap 16. After that i was losing so much time with the broken front wing and i was just trying to stay in the circuit and not making mistakes. I didn't fight with @Kryxeno and let him to pass me because i didn't want to lose more time when defending. Btw i think @darkside1992 lost control and crashed when he was trying to overtake me.

With the penalties i finished in P6. It could be 3rd place but i'll take that after a messy quali. Congrats to @Captain Slow @Billamy and @Biolite80

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
@Head Squid here are screenshots of the results. Please note: Yoko crashed in lap 20 which makes him officially be finishing 10th place since he completed more than 90% of the race.
Thank you for screenshotting the results for me man I appreciate it :)

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
I would just like to apologize for leaving you guys hanging in the lobby for so long. My internet service provider decided it would be a good idea to perform maintenance in our neighborhood on a Sunday afternoon. I was pretty shook when I saw that my steam and discord went off line. I frantically ran about the house to find out what the issues was untill my mother told me. Needless to say I was furious (at comcast not my mom lol) because I love racing with you guys and race day is simply a major highlight of my week. I will try not to let this happen again. to close this off I would like to thank @HaiCo for keeping everything under control during my unexpected absence
@karnak07 @MIKEZ0R @PRelease @Eriks0n @gameguy nl @Biolite80 @Head Squid @Agent Smith @Kryxeno @Raining Thunder @Reymps @yoko321123 [USER=33539]@Maple @Icko
@TJGAMER13 @Captain Slow @darkside1992 @HaiCo @Billamy @@Icko

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Did another league race at Spa on Saturday and knew exactly what I wanted to do on Sunday. Tried to save ultras on quali and during the first stint and got on softs after 6 laps. Saw darkside spinning out ((he had lag during the race) and then tried to drive smoothly and keep Kryxeno behind which wasn't easy btw. Unfortunately he bumped into me somewehere (didn't notice exactly when) and lost time. The final half was able to control the pace but have to say the laps felt really long.....Now my computer problems seem to be in the past and lagging has stopped which also means 1 second faster / lap, It's looking good.

Reactions: Biolite80