PC - Round 8 - British Grand Prix [18/06/2017 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 8 - British Grand Prix [18/06/2017 08:00PM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Hello guys,
I want to ask you something about the today race : could you start the session with a 15 minutes delay?
I kindly ask you this because i think i will be at home at 22.00 pm( my local time) . i will have to drive very quickly to be in time for the race, i have something to do at my work and i will finish at 21.00 pm my locat time so 1 hour to get home it will be fine to arrived in time for the race.
Thank you very much.
It is possible to be earlier at home so if it will be ....you will not have to wait me

• Friendly
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello guys,
I want to ask you something about the today race : could you start the session with a 15 minutes delay?
I kindly ask you this because i think i will be at home at 22.00 pm( my local time) . i will have to drive very quickly to be in time for the race, i have something to do at my work and i will finish at 21.00 pm my locat time so 1 hour to get home it will be fine to arrived in time for the race.
Thank you very much.
It is possible to be earlier at home so if it will be ....you will not have to wait me
We could have done with more notice mate to be fair....appreciate that may not have been possible. I don't have a problem waiting for you, but at this late stage if someone comes up with an equally valid reason that they need to start on time then you can join during qualifying if we set the lobby to friends.

I understand you mean there's a chance if you get home on time, there's no need to wait.

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
and then we do get the damn glitch on start and possible the damn game lag stuff

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
I'm fine with waiting an extra 15 minutes, we tend to start at least ten past 8 every time anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: AdamC6

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I agree with Aladar, it's not like we start on schedule every Sunday, so even if we want to start at 8pm liek we're supposed to, there's going to be some delay :)

Wow, I'm impressed with myself, I pushed like a madman and managed a 1.33.8 on TT, and could even do a 1.33.6ish without a slight mistake at Maggots-Becketts chicane

Reactions: Connor Park

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
@re1n pls be careful at the exit of the pits because you ruined my qualy lap bytaking my line.

The start and first few laps were intense. Unfortunately @dragonbone81 lagged a lot which was causing a bit trouble.

at the end i fcked up my race by racing in the pits 2 times had gave it up...

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What can I say? Glitch lobby for time of day if it was set, very dark in pit lane so had to set gamma to 1.3, hard to find gaps in quali (or get out of the way; sorry if I impeded anyone but **** on your tyres is impossible to drive here), could not therefore get quali time (was over 1 second out), lagging cars, @re1n dunno if the unsafe rejoin was you or lag. Cars also retiring while not in the pits, people leaving during the race. I did think we'd covered this, sorry it's hard to speak on PTT sometimes. So, yeah seeing as everyone else gave no fucks about leaving, I did too when my interest ended.

Wheel had to be disconnected twice because it went out of alignment, drive-thru by 1mph on 2nd stop; just kills you on this track.

We should have restarted the lobby as it was incorrect IMHO but no-one seemed to think the same. I get that we were already a little behind after the restart for disconnection.

Just really disappointed overall, this game is awful if you don't try to make it playable. I had the framerates issue and I don't know how to solve it, thankfully F1 2017 doesn't exhibit it yet but then we haven't tried multiplayer.

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Gutted with that, happy with qualifying, P13 was my highest of the season, first time I'd hit under 1:34 this week

Got up to P8 ahead of 1st stint, was aiming to come out P6 after my stop but entered the pits too quick so got a drive through penalty :banghead:

Came out p12, in the middle of no mans land, was gaining on P11 but lost the back end at Copse pushing too hard and hit the wall. Frustrating, first DNF of the season, but otherwise pleased with my pace. Congrats to whoever won ;)

Race Highlights (Start at 29:30, crash at 54:00)

Last edited:

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
had bad timing in the qually but thats life. Still felt good with the setup.

Race started with a bang. Got a good start and then @Jay and @Red17G had an accident and sadly didnt ghost so got a red right front wing so it got a little tricky. After that on the same lap @Zephyr entered the track in front of me and had to take evasive actions and then within a lap he took me out and within another lap it was a really close call. Be aware and take it easy. You are a reserve driver and should try to make a good impression not busting in like you are in an ai race. After that I had a pretty laid back race with no real action and got 11th

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Disappointing... Again... :(
And again it's my own fault / mistake.

Q: P14
Because I'm an absolute knobhead, I cut the first corner on my second and third attempt. So only my banker-lap counted, which was almost a second slower than what I could've done. So that was a shame.

R: P10
Alright, alright. I did say I would be happy with any points after this race, so technically I shouldn't complain, but...
I could've just as easily gotten P6 or so.
Right off the start, I made up positions left, right and center and was up to P4 at the end of L3! Was able to keep up with the top 3 decently well, but the Force India behind me (@dragonbone81 I believe) was just pushing up my ass and eventually got past aswell.
First pitsop I made a last minute change from the Hards to the Mediums. At first I wanted to do S - H - S, which I really should have done in the end. At this point I really didn't know what 'actual' position I was in and just tried to make the best out of my stint. L14, and I pit like the others. But I thought all the other were gonna do S - S at the end, and so I did too. But coming out of the pits I realized all the others went onto the Hards, and that I have made a huge mistake. Tried to push hard, a little too hard, which gave me like 10 corner cut warning in the last 10 laps. And I didn't even get the fastest lap of the race, because well, I'm slow as hell.
So in the end, just cruised to the final point-paying position.

Congrats to @Caffa & @AdamC6 on another Haas 1-2. And congrats to @Kevviee07 for getting his first podium!

- random fact: I have not finished in the same position twice this season -

Cheeese

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 30, 2017

Because I'm an absolute knobhead, I cut the first corner on my second and third attempt. So only my banker-lap counted, which was almost a second slower than what I could've done. So that was a shame.

Alright, alright. I did say I would be happy with any points after this race, so technically I shouldn't complain, but...
Right off the start, I made up positions left, right and center and was up to P4 at the end of L3! Was able to keep up with the top 3 decently well, but the Force India behind me (@dragonbone81 I believe) was just pushing up my ass and eventually got past aswell.
First pitsop I made a last minute change from the Hards to the Mediums. At first I wanted to do S - H - S, which I really should have done in the end. At this point I really didn't know what 'actual' position I was in and just tried to make the best out of my stint. L14, and I pit like the others. But I thought all the other were gonna do S - S at the end, and so I did too. But coming out of the pits I realized all the others went onto the Hards, and that I have made a huge mistake. Tried to push hard, a little too hard, which gave me like 10 corner cut warning in the last 10 laps. And I didn't even get the fastest lap of the race, because well, I'm slow as hell.

Congrats to @Caffa & @AdamC6 on another Haas 1-2. And congrats to @Kevviee07 for getting his first podium!

Thank you

Reactions: TheVerenzak

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017

Was wondering why you went for 2 softs at the end lol

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Well, I ruined 3 laps in qualy, luckily my 4th was good and got me to p3 on the grid, great considering I dislike the track.

Had a sluggish start, went down to 5th by the end of the first lap, but all I had to do was sit a little way off of the front 4 for a few laps and just like that @AdamC6 and then @Kevviee07 both went spinning off, so I was back up to third, behind @MAGNUSSEN . That's pretty much how I stayed for the rest of the race, not in terms of position, but in that everywhere I went I was right behind magnussen, but only able to actually pass twice, and both times I couldn't hold it for more than a lap.

At one point got a 10 second penalty for running wide at the finish line to allow Adam through, so hopefully I'll get that removed. As it stands, penalties included, I'm p9, but I think I'll be p6 with any luck.

Mr. Biggles

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2017
P8 - Tried for 1 stop
I did 1 banker laps on the softs before running my 1 fast lap i was going to do on the mediums. I messed up luffield and cost me 1-3 tenths meaning i was way down the order than i wanted to be.

Race: P8 - Med(lap 1)/Hard(lap 15)/Med(end)
Start - Lost a place to @Partyfuchs on lap 1 trying to avoid running into the back of a laggy @dragonbone81. Going around Luffield @dragonbone81 laggy car swerved heavily into the inside swiping me out and taking out half my front wing i would have kept going untill the pitstop phase but i lost traction with grassy tyres and grazed the wall rejoining so i had a red wing.
Forced to put on lap 1 with @schumizeu in front of me who pit aswell but he was to fast and doing the same strat as me ended up being 0.5-1sec faster than me per lap.
Being 40 seconds down on the leader at the end of lap 2 wasn't very good looking but i just wanted to keep it clean and see who i could catch up.
Nothing happened much apart from passing laggy @re1n and slow other cars untill i caught up to @Jay on lap 14ish. I got past him but then messed up maggots Becketts on 82% tyres a lap later, then followed him into the pits.
Came out and just was along with 15+ seconds in front and 15+ seconds behind. Only had racing when people on other strats came out the pit and i was 2.5 seconds behind @Ronnin1978 but he was on soft tyres and i was on 5 lap old mediums. I caught him down with the last few laps but he defended well and i couldnt get past him when i tryed.
Ran out of fuel with +0.05 fuel about 100m from the line.
Came home in p9 but got p8 due to penaltys. if i didn't ran out of fuel i would be p7 cause of penaltys.

Overall i think it was decent recovery drive.
If i didn't crash i think i could have got 3rd/4th D=
Very lonely race after lap 1.
If i didn't go slow a few laps i the middle of the race then i could have finished in front of @Ronnin1978 as i would have been in front when he came out the pits.

Congrats to the podium finishers 1st: @Caffa 2nd: @AdamC6 3rd: @Kevviee07

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.