PC - Round 8 - British Grand Prix [18/06/2017 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 8 - British Grand Prix [18/06/2017 08:00PM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Pro Karter
May 11, 2017
had bad timing in the qually but thats life. Still felt good with the setup.

Race started with a bang. Got a good start and then @Jay and @Red17G had an accident and sadly didnt ghost so got a red right front wing so it got a little tricky. After that on the same lap @Zephyr entered the track in front of me and had to take evasive actions and then within a lap he took me out and within another lap it was a really close call. Be aware and take it easy. You are a reserve driver and should try to make a good impression not busting in like you are in an ai race. After that I had a pretty laid back race with no real action and got 11th
The time that u said i took u out was because u made a mistake and was off the racing line then u tried to get back on it after i was alongside u. u pushed me off the track and that cause me to loose the rear end on the grass

This can be seen in your video at 24:20, u just re-entered the track dangerously. I guess we just both need to be more careful re-entering the track

Last edited:

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Hello guys,
It was a nice one...
Starting from the back of the grid, 17th...after the first corner i was the 22nd...:cool:
Finished 4th...after a race with 1 pitstop , 11 laps with mediums, 15 laps with hard tyres...no overtakes for me during the race, but in the last lap the front left tyre was at 91% wearing...
Very annoying the lag...it was some issues with some guys...please solve it!!!
You can't destroy in this way the race of other drivers who trains hard during the pre-race week...
Just look at the replays and at those stupid accidents...:banghead:

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello guys,
It was a nice one...
Starting from the back of the grid, 17th...after the first corner i was the 22nd...:cool:
Finished 4th...after a race with 1 pitstop , 11 laps with mediums, 15 laps with hard tyres...no overtakes for me during the race, but in the last lap the front left tyre was at 91% wearing...
Very annoying the lag...it was some issues with some guys...please solve it!!!
You can't destroy in this way the race of other drivers who trains hard during the pre-race week...
Just look at the replays and at those stupid accidents...:banghead:
We've all been there. Any practice I put in just feels like a waste of time.

Yes, lag was a major issue last night.

WIRED connections to your PC make a lot of sense. If you can't use a long Ethernet cable, use homeplugs;

And yeah, do some practice laps on a full tank with different tyres.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrei Ivan

Caffa

S13 AOR PC Split 4 Champion
Mar 25, 2017
Was driving on egg shells the last few laps, haven't actually had outright pace since Spain really but consistency is paying off.

The timings between me and Adam seemed out of sync as he was right behind yet I'm sure it was less than 5 or 6 seconds whatever it said at the end. Almost saved my tyres a little too much for him to catch.

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016

@dragonbone81 you can see in the video above how much damage you did to me in the first lap. WHY ON EARTH DID YOU BREAK on the straight line??? you passed me and then you hit the break.

Great race excepting the first lap. I could win this one but not this time.. see you in Hungary.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

@dragonbone81 you can see in the video above how much damage you did to me in the first lap. WHY ON EARTH DID YOU BREAK on the straight line??? you passed me and then you hit the break.

Great race excepting the first lap. I could win this one but not this time.. see you in Hungary.
It looks like lag to me, the car just changes position twice, once while passing you then again straight afterwards.

Mr. Biggles

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2017

Almost exactly what happened to me but on the corner before!

Connor Park

Pro Karter
Jul 8, 2016
Very late but whatever...

Quali - 16th
I had a very scruffy first lap going wide at the majority of corners. So I went out for another 2 runs and I just straight up invalidate them... great!

Race - DNF
So the start of the race wasn't too bad, had good pace I think for my first stint... however on lap 4 out, on the exit if copse corner I just stupidly lost traction and went into the wall losing a wheel...

Not every race can go well but I would liek to partially blame it on the fact that I was tired after finishing my DofE that day (crap excuse i know...)

Well done the podium finishers - @Caffa, @AdamC6, @Kevviee07

Not sure when I can get my video up for this despite it would only be like 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.