Round 8 (FINAL) - Laguna Seca - 28/11/2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 8 (FINAL) - Laguna Seca - 28/11/2019

Nila

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 21, 2018
I wont come. My gf and i are going to a resturant whit some friends.

Have a greate last race!

• Sad
Reactions: ApexMaibom

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
It’s been such a pleasure racing this league - way more fun and exciting than any GT3 league I’ve done. So thanks to all of you, both the GT1 guys and the Gr. A’s hope to see you again soon for some racing of some sort.
Btw I made my very first real-time VR recording of this race and have a lovely video but sadly I haven’t got any sound recorded :rolleyes: Was really fun though, to see the speed difference of the Cossie coming out of a corner side by side with me and then just flying past whenever it got traction.
Anyway once again thanks and if I don’t see you, have a merry Christmas :D

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
This was my first Endurance league. I wanted to do more racing, and I had fallen out with ACC, so figured I'd give this league a shot. Absolutely no regrets. The twist of GT1s and Group A's instead of the GTE and LMP was a welcome one, and while initially I had wanted to go GT1, I have just fallen head over heels in love with my 90s DTM Audi. Man, what a fun car. What a fun league. It's been great.

Thank you GT1 drivers for being patient around me. Thank you fellow GrpA drivers all for the close battling - there's been plenty and always so clean! And thank you @EikeSky for taking your time out to do the commentary.

I hope there is another league like this in the future. I've really enjoyed it.

Thank you everyone. Catch you all around soon I hope

xx

BDG_Geo

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for the seasons racing guys..really appreciated being on the same track as all of you.my first multi class season and i cant wait till the next one.if i dont speak to uz before then all of u have a good xmas and i hope santa is good to u all..thanks guys and take care.All the best for the new year as well ;)
Keep tagging me in these please :)

EikeSky

Pro Karter
Oct 4, 2017
Can only echo what I and the drivers said last night on the stream: the standard of driving throughout this championship has been the most professional I've seen. The multiclass nature really separates the men from the boys in the race craft, everyone who competed should be proud of what they've achieved. Just getting to the end of races reliably is a challenge, and I don't think we've seen a single retirement from interclass contact, which lets face it, even the pros can't do!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to commentate the next one as I may have to take a spot on the grid

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
Can only echo what I and the drivers said last night on the stream: the standard of driving throughout this championship has been the most professional I've seen. The multiclass nature really separates the men from the boys in the race craft, everyone who competed should be proud of what they've achieved. Just getting to the end of races reliably is a challenge, and I don't think we've seen a single retirement from interclass contact, which lets face it, even the pros can't do!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to commentate the next one as I may have to take a spot on the grid
You will be missed as a commentator but very much welcomed on the grid i'm sure (y)

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Indeed. Huge thanks to @BMW /// M-Power for building the league. Some of the best racing I've been involved with!
HUGE credit to all the drivers! Of course there were a couple of cases here and there, but the fact that there was no major contacts is a huge credit to you guys! To be honest, it's probably been about the cleanest league full stop!

I will see what I am doing after Xmas, but if there is enough interest, then I'm sure we can build another season (perhaps keeping the same cars, or changing to something else equally as epic!)
I may build some social races after new year, to test some different classes, so I'll tag the guys here, as would need as many cars on track as possible to get a better idea of balance / etc.
And I would still like to build a social race where we swap classes from this season :)

Being honest, I don't really want to run a new season, certainly not solo. But I would be more than happy to help out (kinda like I was doing for M-Power this season)
But to be fair, most of the Foundations are there to copy and paste into another season! And there are AOR staff that build the results tables / graphics / banners / etc.
But it is still a fair commitment to take charge of a league. But there is also lots of support to go with it!

If someone does fell like they would like to step up to being a Coordinator, then please let me know, and I'm sure we can figure something out!

As long as there is enough interest to fill a lobby (or very close to it), then I'm sure we can build something!

So keep your eyes open in 2020!

If we don't have a social race before X-mas, and I don't see you on track / Discord before, have a great X-mas / New year all!

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
No worries mate... Wasnt all too much work in the end. Ofcourse testing all the stuff was quite some work but in the end I can say I´d have done it again but now the point came where i simply had to stop with pcars. I´d loved to make this league way better than it was but then again I think just driving these cars was funny enough to enjoy ourselves...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats to ("myself") and @AndrexUK for winning the driver-championships!

Congrats to @inkychris and @F4H MaR4uDer being 2nd and 3rd of the GT1 categorie in the end!

Congrats to @ApexMaibom and @tRIP.. for coming home in 2nd and 3rd in the grA´s!

And congrats to the winning teams of "Porsche Motorsport" (GT1) and TicRexRacing (gr.A)!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So yeah the last standings have been updated, last words have been written, now its really time to finaly say GOODBYE to pcars2 after more than 2 years and 1480 hours of epic racing!
So thx to everyone, definetly wont forget those crazy times!

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
But it is still a fair commitment to take charge of a league. But there is also lots of support to go with it!

If someone does fell like they would like to step up to being a Coordinator, then please let me know, and I'm sure we can figure something out!

As long as there is enough interest to fill a lobby (or very close to it), then I'm sure we can build something!
Even though I’ve previously said, that this would be the last pcars league for me, I must say that I’m feeling pretty intrigued by the possibility of running another season of these cars or something similar (and hopefully all of you clean lads;)) as I would like to give the Merc a run for the money to see if my perception of that being the favorable car of that class, is right or not?

Doing a social with reversed classes would be absolutely epic, showing some former GT1 racers how scary it can be trying to stay on your line, being predictable and not interfering to much in their scrabbles in cars with minimum grip:eek: LETS DO IT! Probably will be almost as scary being in those super speed cars around constant moving chicanes:LOL::LOL:

Anyway, just say the word if help is needed testing something(y)

Have been wondering for some time, how much work there is in coordinating a league and if I would be up for the task. As you guys may have noticed, I’m quite passionate about this online league racing. But with me being fairly new to the PC genre in general I’m worried if I would have the skill or how much previous knowledge is needed - I’m still learning by doing (and sometimes failing)

Once again @BMW /// M-Power very big thanks for setting up this league in cooperation with @AndrexUK it’s been epic all the way through

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
@AndrexUK @BMW /// M-Power @Chloé @tRIP.. @TicklishPicklewickle @Smolda @inkychris @BDG_Geo @aaren
Appealing to the idea of @ApexMaibom to organize events with cars of the championship already finished or others, I had that idea for a while, at the end of this endurance championship organize some races outside a competitive calendar and if any combination likes to organize a championship for next year.
I leave here the ideas I have and organize one within 15 days, that is, Thursday, December 12 or Friday, December 13, and later it will be difficult because we will be on Christmas dates and people will be in family gatherings.

1 - DTM Clasic: Nurbur Sprint and Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz Gr.A
2 - GT1 Champion - Algarve and all GT1 cars
3 - Le Mans 1989 - Le Mans and Gr.C1 (Le Mans version)
4 - Le Mans 1998 - Le Mans and GT1 and LMP900 (Ferrari and BMW)
5 - 24 Hours series - Dubai Autodrome and GT3, GT4 and TCC
6 - 24 Hours series (Prototipe series) - COTA and LMP2 and LMP3
7 - Le Mans series clasic - Mugello and GR.6, Gr.5(BMW, Ford and Nissan) and Gr.4 (BMW and Ferrari)

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
@AndrexUK @BMW /// M-Power @Chloé @tRIP.. @TicklishPicklewickle @Smolda @inkychris @BDG_Geo @aaren
Appealing to the idea of @ApexMaibom to organize events with cars of the championship already finished or others, I had that idea for a while, at the end of this endurance championship organize some races outside a competitive calendar and if any combination likes to organize a championship for next year.
I leave here the ideas I have and organize one within 15 days, that is, Thursday, December 12 or Friday, December 13, and later it will be difficult because we will be on Christmas dates and people will be in family gatherings.

1 - DTM Clasic: Nurbur Sprint and Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz Gr.A
2 - GT1 Champion - Algarve and all GT1 cars
3 - Le Mans 1989 - Le Mans and Gr.C1 (Le Mans version)
4 - Le Mans 1998 - Le Mans and GT1 and LMP900 (Ferrari and BMW)
5 - 24 Hours series - Dubai Autodrome and GT3, GT4 and TCC
6 - 24 Hours series (Prototipe series) - COTA and LMP2 and LMP3
7 - Le Mans series clasic - Mugello and GR.6, Gr.5(BMW, Ford and Nissan) and Gr.4 (BMW and Ferrari)
Hi @F4H MaR4uDer just need to understand what it is you're suggesting here?
Is it for league racing or just one time events? There are definitely interesting races in these classic scenarios imo. But we will need someone to coordinate i guess. If it's just one time events, I guess it doesn't need to be coordinated as such, since there wont be a need for threads, points and so on, but we will still need a place for people to sign up and such

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
Hi @F4H MaR4uDer just need to understand what it is you're suggesting here?
Is it for league racing or just one time events? There are definitely interesting races in these classic scenarios imo. But we will need someone to coordinate i guess. If it's just one time events, I guess it doesn't need to be coordinated as such, since there wont be a need for threads, points and so on, but we will still need a place for people to sign up and such
They are time events, to test them for a possible championship for next year, I proposed to do one of them on December 12 or 13 more or less in the schedule of the last resistance championship, if you want to organize a vote of the day and the The combinations I put would be fine.

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
They are time events, to test them for a possible championship for next year, I proposed to do one of them on December 12 or 13 more or less in the schedule of the last resistance championship, if you want to organize a vote of the day and the The combinations I put would be fine.
I'm not a Cod, so can't do that i'm afraid. Maybe try to copy your earlier message with the different proposals on the PCars general thread and see if any one picks it up?

Reactions: F4H MaR4uDer

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'm not a Cod, so can't do that i'm afraid. Maybe try to copy your earlier message with the different proposals on the PCars general thread and see if any one picks it up?
One needs not be a cod to set up a social event. Anyone and everyone are free to setup whatever event they desire there :)