XB1 - Round 8 - French Grand Prix [06/10/19 - 20:00UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 8 - French Grand Prix [06/10/19 - 20:00UK]

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @maxen
- @Jonboy507

Last edited:

George Roke

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 21, 2015
One day i'll do a good race and not be a complete idiot, made a great start then tried to be too optimistic into turn1/2 and hit my team mate and spun at turn 2, had a lonely race following @Chris Leather before I pitted hoping people around me would but sadly not and finished in the last points position...
See you all next week!

xXMARKELiNXx

S18 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Dec 1, 2016
GG enjoyed it guys. @xXMARKELiNXx thought it was gonna catch you at the end but soft tyres went off the cliff last 2 laps !
I was saving ers for a hot lap then I got a 3 second penalty so inststead I used it to stay away as it wasnt worth a position but makes me wonder what strat you used

maxibone33

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2019
I was saving ers for a hot lap then I got a 3 second penalty so inststead I used it to stay away as it wasnt worth a position but makes me wonder what strat you used
Initially I was going for same strat as you, but when you boxed I was still setting PBs on the hard tyre so I thought I'd go the alternate strat and go long on the hards, and pretty much make sure I'd get fastest lap on a fresh pair of softs as I didn't think I'd get anywhere close to you with an overcut.

• Surprised
Reactions: xXMARKELiNXx

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
No worries you were ahead on the outside (inside for next corner) when my front left caught your sidepod sending me into auto spin. My front wing was already damaged from an earlier incident.
Ah right fair dos. Am sorry sbout this anyways :)

Reactions: Da4thSuspect

Jack Lankester

Formula Karter
May 8, 2019
Qualifying was ok p5 was good considering I dont really like this track.

Got a great start probably the best on this game so far was into p3 after the second corner and was challenging p2. Went downhill from there as I kept running wide and losing places managed to hold onto p5 and gained p4 after I passed someone on a different stratagy I think. Got a lot of penalties again which was not ideal but did not cost me any places this time which was better.