Apr 9, 2017
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Da Eagle
@iej76
@TiraellF1
@Graeme Weston
@xGATECRASHERx
@ramma

Last edited:

L3W1_UK

Pro Karter
Aug 22, 2018
Weekend to forget. So frustrated right now.

Qualifying was on hot lap, teammate doesn't get out of way S3. Bash wings.
Next lap I'm pissed off and accidentally put it in barriers.

Going by the rest of the times I had pace for top 3 in quali, race was compromised being so far back and stuck in traffic. Two wing changes due to myself not preempting earlier breakers at the back. My own fault but hot headed.

Onto wherever we are next.

Bashful4

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Weekend to forget. So frustrated right now.

Qualifying was on hot lap, teammate doesn't get out of way S3. Bash wings.
Next lap I'm pissed off and accidentally put it in barriers.

Going by the rest of the times I had pace for top 3 in quali, race was compromised being so far back and stuck in traffic. Two wing changes due to myself not preempting earlier breakers at the back. My own fault but hot headed.

Onto wherever we are next.
I know i you feel, all of us has races like that. Mine was in Baku, qualy P1, into the wall in first lap. It will be better next week, im sure.

Kellvinnr3

S18 AOR PS4 F10 Champion
Sep 10, 2017
Q1
R2

Great quali but on the wrong tires.

in race and a good pace but when @Okeke21 caught me I should have pitted, instead I decided to get in a fight and lost out. My in lap took so long on the burned rubber. this cost me the win.
On to the next one!

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Qualifying: P7
Race: P4

As there were multiple varieties for a possible strategy this weekend I decided to start on the mediums which brought me P7 in qualifying. The lap wasn't perfect but the gap to the soft runners was about 0.3sec so that I wouldn't have been in a better position for the start anyway I think.

The start of the race was good compared to last week. After that I had @Bashful4 in my back who had a good pace and made it to overtake me at the end of L2. Exactly in this corner as he is overtaking me and I try to get a good position to overtake him back I get pushed and end up on the rainbow part of the track and lose three positions. So I'm rolling the field up from P12 and close the gap already to the slow section at the beginning of L3. There @Philip_66 goes wide and as he comes back pushes me off the track and I end on the rainbow part again. Coming to P10 in L4 I'm behind @MrRobinhx and overtake him on the long straight before the chicane with DRS for P9. In the long right hander then @Antonio Sapienza and @Pxcam both struggle and I make it to P7 which was then back my qualifying position. But that's just for one corner as in the left hander afterwards I get pushed again and end up a third time on the rainbow part of the track and find myself one more time in P10. In that moment I was thinking of Vettel's legendary team radio: is it racing or ping pong?
As the soft runners went to pit I had a free track which was paradise for me after all the contact. I didn't have the pace on mediums that I wanted but for that they felt all the time the same (okay) way. In L11 I saw that I would end up in traffic again if I pit for the hards. So I decided to risk it and stay out to go on softs in L18. I found myself after my pit stop behind my teammate @djl850 who was on old mediums and didn't fight happily. From that point I started flying on the softs and had in between the fastest lap. I had a gap of 14sec to bashful for the podiums which I closed down to 7sec. As he had one penalty it was in the end about 4sec and brought me P4.
I'm happy with the pace at the end and I'm sure that it could have been like already in Canada more without the contact. Happily this time my car was at least still fine and we got a good result for Mercedes with P4 and P5 which makes the WCC very interesting.

Hoping for a good day in Austria next week!

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Qualifying: P4
Race: P6

Qualifying was good for me. For a short time I had pole, but there where some fast drivers in front of me.
Race went good this time. I was happy with P6. Made 2 sloppy mistakes in the whole race.

You can watch the Q and race here:

Fernando Fio

Pro Karter
Jul 30, 2019
Guys i was in nyc yesterday and my flight had a delay and o I can’t be in the right time to race. I’m sorry . I didn’t said nothing becouse I suppose to be in home in the right time. I’m so sorry again.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P5
R: P7

Good race, it wasn't excellent but I finished with a good P7.
I have failed the last attempt in qualifying, where I think that my lap time was faster, but I'm satisfied for the final P5.
I did a strategy error in the race because in the second stint with the medium the pace wasn't very good. During the first laps @Pxcam hit me, and @Bashful4 overtakes us.
For all the race I tried to stay with @Joost , I tried to overtake him one time but I failed.
I'm happy for the 12 points of last two races, now Austria ;) .

Pxcam

Formula Karter
Aug 27, 2018
Q: P5
R: P7

Good race, it wasn't excellent but I finished with a good P7.
I have failed the last attempt in qualifying, where I think that my lap time was faster, but I'm satisfied for the final P5.
I did a strategy error in the race because in the second stint with the medium the pace wasn't very good. During the first laps @Pxcam hit me, and @Bashful4 overtakes us.
For all the race I tried to stay with @Joost , I tried to overtake him one time but I failed.
I'm happy for the 12 points of last two races, now Austria ;) .

Yeah, again sorry I ran into you. I braked way too late.