PS4 - Round 8 - French Grand Prix - AOR Hype Energy North American F1 Leagues - Season 1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 8 - French Grand Prix - AOR Hype Energy North American F1 Leagues - Season 1

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (EST time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: dustrat

diegozc1989

S16 AOR PS4 America F1 Champion
Aug 12, 2018
@Seca sorry but i cant race this week, im going to be out some days.

Will you please put the link to see the resulta? I was searching but i didnt see it. Thanks!

Reactions: Seca

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
Man, I can’t get my **** together this season. Had a shitty qualifying and a shitty race. I was shoved around at the start and eventually got hit and spun by a Toro Rosso I believe. From there I couldn’t get my consistentcy right. I’d have a good lap then 2 shitty ones. With 1/2 the race over I lose control and pop off a front wheel after bouncing off the wall. Ugh. Hopefully next race will be better.

theevilisback

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
My humble recap:

Qualifying: Meh... 11th, left a lot on the track... like, at least a second, but couldn't have 3 good sectors in one lap.

Race:

Turn 1: Holy crap I don't even know what happened next to me. I got a good jump from the start and maintained my position for the first time all year. Suddenly Marco is turning sideways, there's a car into my left side, and I'm off the track to avoid the chaos. No penalty (pretty sure avoiding hell counts as justifiable exceeding track limits.

Sector 3, Lap 1: McLaren overdoes it on the first turn of the sector and goes off the track, and after 1 lap i'm in 9th.

I still struggle with getting back on the gas just like every race, but I'm maintaining pace with Myles for a while. Nothing exciting happens for a bit.

By lap 3 I'm trying to gain ground on Myles, but in doing so kept going into turns too hot and ended up further back cause that's how things work. I'm missing apexes, butchering the last turn, but otherwise just keeping the pace while McLaren keeps getting closer to me.

Lap 4: The beginning of a trend starts. EGamer spins out near the end of sector 3 and SOMEHOW misses my car by what felt like less than a foot.

This is what it looked like. I'm pretty sure we touched.... somehow no damage, and onto 8th.

Lap 5: Going into the chicane w/ McLaren hot on my heels, I don't know if he forgot to brake or what, but once again I got to dodge another car

Not long after that EGamer quits, and there's a safety car. I think this is where i made the gamble that ruined my race. Seeing almost everyone else go into the pits I thought I would be able to switch to softs and ride a one pit strat to the end of the race... Spoiler alert: They didn't and I ended up having to pit for Supers (the same ones used in qualifying) so they already had about 6% wear, but I'll get to that later.

Safety car goes for like 3 laps (seemed really long... wtf happened?), lets me fix my fuel situation since I didn't give myself the usual 1.5 laps of overfueling so I can go nuts.

Lap 9, SC ends, I butcher the start in 7th, but find myself in 6th rather quickly. McLaren is into the wall at turn 2, and I watch F8al take turn 3 awkward and lose a spot. Fast forward literally 20 seconds and I watched merlin spin out on something, swing left and back across the track, somehow not taking anyone out. Without doing anything other than staying on the track I'm in 5th, and losing ground to people I always struggle to stay with. Butcher the entirety of sector 3 and I find myself a few seconds back quickly.

Uneventful few laps, I move up to 4th with pitters, Feel I'm driving well, but I'm not getting the speed I need... Not sure if it's because of a crappy setup or just general being bad. Eventually screw up sector 3 again, tap Marco, and I'm back in 7th by lap 13...but my softs are doing decent and I push them to lap 22.

Next lap I feel was my best... I held close to Marco who was on Ultras while I'm still on my softs. Everyone pits, suddenly a VSC happens. Not sure what happened at lap 15, but I start contemplating pitting early for supers, but the VSC doesn't even last a lap and we're back to green.

By lap 16 I remember that I have a mic that I can use to stop focusing on the bottom right for MFD stuff. Decide to commit to super softs but stay out a few more laps to try and catch Pxcam who is in the lead. I felt solid, was gaining ground on him while distancing on amessennator.... however I decide to pit with 9 laps to go.

Drop to 10th after pitting on lap 18 and go ham trying to catch everyone. I think by this point the gap was 6.5 seconds to f8al and in my pushing I screw up and get the first of two penalties. I also get to watch Marco spin out in what looked to be a 3 way battle for 7th, which gave me 9th. I then get ANOTHER warning avoiding F8al who got loose and took out some signage in sector 3.

The rest of the race was literally a battle to stay ahead of everyone behind me by what ended up being 6 seconds... I think I ended up losing out on 7th by about a second to gbrune thanks to the penalties.

All in all, started 10th (after penalties), finished 8th. Broke the pattern of DNF/Points/DNF/Points with my 2nd points finish in a row, and 4th this season (oddly enough my 3rd 8th of the year too).

I'd also like to say that you guys are awesome to race against. I've felt my ability has consistently gone up, but god damn you guys up front are like... exponentially better than me :(