Apr 3, 2018
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
For any reason im hyped for this race
My pace was very slow in the past 2 races but i hope i will be able to fight for p3 this race

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Qualy: Went well for me, set a 29.6 to get me P5 on the supers. Had my final run on the ultras screwed by the desync between myself and undefined since his car got in the way, but probably wouldn't have finished the lap anyways since I got a good grid position on the supers.

Race: Was apparently driving inside of undefined for a couple laps at the start. We were basically on the same spot throughout the first couple of laps so if we notice that happen again, we'll need to get in a party chat so one of us can cover the inside of every corner and one of us can cover the outside. Taking the Trulli-train to a whole new level. Anyways, got past pedro towards the end of our stints once everyone on ultras had pitted and got a small gap, but lost it when we came out of the pits on softs as I was slightly off-track when overtaking Taquilo who was on older softs and had to let him back through, with Pedro getting past at the same time and eventually pulling a gap on me. My pace on the wet-patch wasn't too great so I got passed by jordy and probably lost some time on the top of the field, leading to 4th on track being the best I could have in the end. Hasnain got real close for the last few laps and probably had a bit more pace so I had to sweat it out a bit in the end, but got to 3rd thanks to penalties. The Williams-bois the only ones keeping it clean with no penalties all race, go team (y)

With me getting pretty close to the top after penalties were counted in, I do wish I hadn't been held up at times by the desync between me and undefined but... Not sure it would have been enough to get any more positions regardless.

Reactions: Hasnain

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Guys, unfortunately my recording stopped just after crossing the line, so I dont have my race director. If anyone has casually recorded mine or the whole one, I would apreciate if you pass me a video or a photo of it. (hasnain told me he had it, but just to be 100% sure)

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Quali: Was planning on starting on the SS so i went for a lap on the US and slowed down at the end, didnt slow down as much as i wanted because the line appeared earlier than i expected, but in the end it worked very well because my SS lap was really bad so i started in 12th.
Race: Bit of a messy first few corners, but then a lot of people started to crash and do mistakes so i was suddenly up in p7. Tried keeping up with the leaders, but i wasnt quick enough so i ended up driving around by myself for while, before @HiippariLate catched me and overtook me, and so did @Hasnain . Then when my tires were starting to fall off massively i heard there was coming rain in 5 min, so i risked it and pitted for US instead of S and hoping it would be enough for inters. Right before i pitted i got a pretty BS 5 second stop-go and that meant i lost 1 position after coming out. Unfortunately for me it never rained enough and with 8 ballast on inters on a half dry track i put it in the wall, but it looked like i wasnt getting any points anyway.

Tobias Eichinger

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Picked up front wing damage on Lap 1 while on Softs, basically doomed from there. Engineer said Rain in 10 minutes so I tried to take the wing until then but after 10mins he said 15 mins and then when the rain did come, it wasn't wet. I gambled on inters because my wing damage left me a pitstop down and well outside the points, and that worked just as well for me as for my teammate, and I ended in the wall.

Quite bitter after the last races, but next up it's my home race, and I'll definitely be trying to put up a show there.

Reactions: frandythomsen

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
Q. I messed up both of my first Q runs on the US and on the final run, hit a decent lap which put me P2.

R. Off the line didnt get a good start and was P3 after t1 and t2. Slimbo and eren were battling into t3 and they both over shot the corner alittle and slowed down a bit too hard for me to avoid and got wing damage. Two corners later, got more damage from a ferrari hitting me and somehow the game blamed me and i had to slow down and lost a bunch more positions. At the end of the lap 1 i made a pitstop for SS and knew I had to push because I was gonna have to make a second stop. Thankfully the rain came and was confident pitting for dry tires was still better and drove back up to P3 and with penalties, came home p2. Alittle upset that i had to change my strategy because of my wing damage but could have been worse. Congrats to Vic for the win. Its gonna be a good fight for the title!

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
We're due some rain
Finally lol

Race Report:
Qualifying - P16
Was planning on qualifying on supers, I chose the harder tyre selection, but the game gave me balanced which meant I had to do my first run on ultras (as I didn't want to only do the one run on supers). I did the laps on rich fuel and medium ERS to make sure I could beat the time when I put the supers on. Unfortunately, I invalidated both my laps on supers and so I was 16th on the grid. My best lap would've put me 12th so I guess it wasn't too amazing anyway.

Race - P4 (provisional)
Decided to start on softs to try out something different, but it turned out 3 others outside the top 10 also had the same idea. Had a very poor start but that did mean that I could take it easy and watch all the chaos unfold up ahead. Was P12 by the end of the first lap once everything had settled. A few laps in Jeff said there'd be rain coming, which came as a bit of a surprise to me as I forgot to check the weather before the start of the race and the game said during quali that the race will be dry. Regardless, I was slowly making my way through the pack as all the frontrunners either pitted or wore out their tyres. Once the rain came on lap 14, I checked and Jeff said it'll end in 10 mins, so decided to stick it out a bit and see how it panned out. I was watching the temps and they were in the low 90s so tried to stay out as long as I could as it'd be difficult to heat up cold tyres if I was to switch over. On lap 19, my softs were gone and was losing acres of time and so I came in for supers given that the track would dry out in a couple of laps (although the commentary team was bamboozled by this choice, though I can't blame them as they didn't know it would dry out). I came out in P6 and was just chasing the guys, got past Eren with his worn tyres and caught up quite quickly to Jomppalainen. At the time we were 4th and 5th, so decided not to risk too much given that he's in an actual title fight and there wasn't much chance for me of catching the guys in front anyway and so eventually I was just waiting for a mistake or for him to have penalties as I knew I had none but he didn't mess up and so it was P5 over the line and P4 after penalties though I know Pedro is trying to get some removed from the stewards.
In hindsight, I probably should've pitted around when Jordy would pit, but I wasn't sure how wet the track would get and so I stayed out, even then probably one lap too long. Also given all the penalties, maybe I should've tried harder to get past Jomppa, though the time lost battling in the first stint really didn't help either.
Anyways congrats to @xXVik-StarRxX on the win, @Jordy Lopez on a great recovery drive and @jomppalainen on the podium. Also well done to @PedroPMF on his drive to cross the line first.
Another good result for me, especially given that I don't really have the pace to challenge at the front under normal circumstances, I guess I've had some decent luck this season.

Highlights

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
RACE REPORT:
Qualifying: P6, I wanted to start on supersofts, so I just did 1 run and managed a fairly decent time.

Race: I had strategy advantage and a good starting position so it was just a matter of staying out of trouble in the first few laps and playing the long game. I knew ultrasoft runners would struggle towards the end of each stint. Around lap 5 I finally got past Vikstar for P2 (Eren in front pitted) and then started gaining on the leader until he pitted as well. I was leading with Jompa close behind on the supersofts. Towards the last few laps I struggle to keep up the pace and Jompa passed me. We both pitted around lap 12 and rejoined 2-3 seconds behind the virtual leaders with 5 laps fresher tyres so we got it under control . I took advantage of Jompa having to slow down because of an illegal overtake and then quickly catch the guys in front, but then it started raining and things went a bit crazy. I was in a big group, very close to each other and we all started missing corners (where I got 6 seconds of direct time penalties which were a bit unfair/harsh ). After all of that, I was left P2 behind Vikstar at around 4 seconds with 10 laps remaining, and also Jordy behind me at 6-7 seconds with new supers. I caught up to Vikstar on lap 26 and managed to overtook him, crossing the line in P1 the very next lap, although I was penalised with a total of 18 seconds so I ended up P5. If my appeal goes perfect I would be P2, if it is just okey P3 and if it all goes wrong then P5, we will have to wait and see.

Very happy with this result, a good amount of practice paid off and winning on track is what I most needed after a few really bad races, (Not really worried of where I end up finishing because of that) . Congrats to Vikstar and Jordy, and also to the Williams guys, not having any penalties is quite impressive to say the least.

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Q. I messed up both of my first Q runs on the US and on the final run, hit a decent lap which put me P2.

R. Off the line didnt get a good start and was P3 after t1 and t2. Slimbo and eren were battling into t3 and they both over shot the corner alittle and slowed down a bit too hard for me to avoid and got wing damage. Two corners later, got more damage from a ferrari hitting me and somehow the game blamed me and i had to slow down and lost a bunch more positions. At the end of the lap 1 i made a pitstop for SS and knew I had to push because I was gonna have to make a second stop. Thankfully the rain came and was confident pitting for dry tires was still better and drove back up to P3 and with penalties, came home p2. Alittle upset that i had to change my strategy because of my wing damage but could have been worse. Congrats to Vic for the win. Its gonna be a good fight for the title!
I was expecting you to plug your engineer:rolleyes: