PS4 - Round 8 Hungarian Grand Prix [16/06/16 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 8 Hungarian Grand Prix [16/06/16 20:00]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Who was your driver of the day?

• JD7

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • XMAYHEM

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • tigerkart

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • iceman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • xxvik

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • mimi_lavi

• insanelikehawiz

• racingathome

• realjewell

• jake_lfc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrCarter33

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Round 8 - Hungarian Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 16th June 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35
Host: @JD7
Backup Host: @xXVik-StarRxX

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Informed Absences:
@DrCarter33
@Digsha
@REYLAP_93
@kiran
@Philip McGivern
@Hulkenburger
@Ali Kidd
Uninformed Absences:

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Last edited:

Digsha

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Unfotunately I am unable to take part at the hungarian gp. I´ve to watch the match between germany and poland.

• Informative
Reactions: DrCarter33

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
I can't race this week, i should be back for the next one though!

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
I may be absent because I have a Physics exam on Friday

The good news is my exams finish next Tuesday!

Reactions: DrCarter33

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Umm, should be done revising in 15 minutes so it is looking hopeful for me! :)

Hulkenburger

Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2014
My internets running at an insanely slow speed for some reason. Can't even connect to PSN. Doubt I can make it sadly as I like Hungary.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
yeah, that went well. First time ever since I got fibre that I lost internet out of nowhere. Just in the best possible time too. Sure the weather is windy and so, but it was worse before and everything worked fine as.
After resetting the router, it came back, but the problem was now connecting to PSN and the lobby. I restarted my PS4 too.
Basically, when connecting to the lobby using some spare invites I had, I got this:

and I couldn't press spectate. Now, I don't have much experience in this, but I think I couldn't quite connect to the server.
So I waited for a bit, and then tried to re-enter. Same problem... until the race started and it selected the Red Bull for me. Tried to change to FI, but it didn't work and later it carried me into the loading screen, at which point I got hope but noo.. now the spectate button decided to work!

Great.. :banghead:

RacingAtHome

F1 1st Driver
May 5, 2016
I'm annoyed. I go centimeters over the white line and I get a warning invalidating all of my qualifying laps then disqualifying me on lap 34. I'd rather have finishers than get top 3 (Which I almost did) because of lottery penalties under the strict system. I enjoy racing and I do enjoy it a lot but when this constantly happens in 2/3 races i've done so far, it's annoying. With strict settings aimed for "realistic" (Which is false) corner cutting detection and 3 people got disqualified when no driver has been disqualified for a driving infraction (Not meaning crashes and technical infringements) since 2007 when Massa and Fisichella jumped the red light at the end of the pit lane in Canada.

The strategy was panning out well. Despite making a mistake under DRS and causing myself to pit on lap 8 for another set of Primes then returning on lap 25 for a set of options, I think the strategy was playing out well before that happened. What the FIA look at is if a driver gained an advantage or not instead of whether they actually did it. There was no advantage gained from any of the times I "cut" or track "extended" which I say in the loosest possible term.
[DOUBLEPOST=1466108491][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hang on a second lads

I was the second slowest guy on track tonight and I GOT A BLOODY PODIUM AT MY WEAKEST CIRCUIT! None of you probably expected that! :D ;)

Miracles do happen, miracles do happen

Unlucky @RacingAtHome, deserved the podium more than me!

Well done @JD7 on the win and @xMayhemMadness for second
Thanks. I didn't even intend on going 17 laps on Option. I just made a mistake under DRS pushing me into the wall and requiring a new front wing.

RealJewell766

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2014
I'm annoyed. I go centimeters over the white line and I get a warning invalidating all of my qualifying laps then disqualifying me on lap 34. I'd rather have finishers than get top 3 (Which I almost did) because of lottery penalties under the strict system. I enjoy racing and I do enjoy it a lot but when this constantly happens in 2/3 races i've done so far, it's annoying. With strict settings aimed for "realistic" (Which is false) corner cutting detection and 3 people got disqualified when no driver has been disqualified for a driving infraction (Not meaning crashes and technical infringements) since 2007 when Massa and Fisichella jumped the red light at the end of the pit lane in Canada.

The strategy was panning out well. Despite making a mistake under DRS and causing myself to pit on lap 8 for another set of Primes then returning on lap 25 for a set of options, I think the strategy was playing out well before that happened. What the FIA look at is if a driver gained an advantage or not instead of whether they actually did it. There was no advantage gained from any of the times I "cut" or track "extended" which I say in the loosest possible term.
[DOUBLEPOST=1466108491][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks. I didn't even intend on going 17 laps on Option. I just made a mistake under DRS pushing me into the wall and requiring a new front wing.
The game kind of does aswell. If you lift while cutting you (normally) don't get the warning.

• Agree
Reactions: Digsha