PC - Round 8 - Italian Grand Prix [02/06/19 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 8 - Italian Grand Prix [02/06/19 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

MrSascha

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Nov 15, 2018
Round 8 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd June 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @MrSascha

Last edited:

Aelirenn

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
@Maddog40 @MrSascha

Hey guys,

unfortunatley there was a lot of stuff going wrong in tonights race, and I think we need to clarify this, as I think this was really terrible for a lot of drivers. Also I think I can claim this comes from someone who is not biased about "ye the race was going bad for me, I have to complain" , as I ended up winning the (restarted) race. It still doesn't feel good at all, but ye let's explain what was going on from my view.

So we started the race 9 pm (CEST) as usual, qualifying went flawlessly, but in the race 3 (?) people (including the lobby host @GOCAS who crashed out in Lap 1) disconnected. This is - of course - unfortunate for said drivers, however there is absoluteley NO WAY this can be considered a mass disconnect. Sure, some people had issues with desync, but that's just a normal Tuesday in the office playing a game by the small Indie company Codemasters .

Gocas decided a remake of the lobby was necessary, which is of course a decision that can be questioned, but what irritates me even more is the way this was done exactly. So he did not reconnect to the existing lobby to think it was necessary to inform any of the drivers who were still racing, and thought just a few people dced, did not message everyone on steam (myself for example), and as some of us have to put their status to offline before the race, so the game - once again small Indie company Codemasters - doesn't minimise when someone messages them.

The total time we waited for the remake after the majority of the field left the lobby ( which was approx. lap 15, I will check later, and provide my full VOD, was not even 10 minutes. So we ended up restarting the lobby with less (!!!!) drivers than we had after the "mass disconnect". So not only many of us had to stay up longer, despite having to wake up early on Monday, and had to drive fatigued, 5 people were not even able to participate in the race at all.

I'm not asking for consequences for either the Co-ordinator @MrSascha who was not participating tonight, or @GOCAS, I am just asking that we can clarify this, so it won't happen again.

Thanks for reading that Wall of Text
Besides I want to thank everyone for the race, which ended up being really fun regardless, especially because of my teammate @FSN Archer. That was some great battles :D

Greetings
Aelirenn | Robb Stark

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention. We would have had a Dry -> Wet race in the first lobby, the remaked lobby had dynamic weather, so it could have been whatever.

Last edited:

El Loco

Junior Karter
May 17, 2019
I totally agree with Aelirenn’s opinion this was a very messy race. And I think it is very important to learn out of this and do it better next time( which hopefully never comes)

And now it is time to find a way to clean this mess up and get to an good end for everyone.

But though I had Very nice battles this race .

TuRbsOn

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2019
Okay, I just didn´t notice that there is a restart, maybe my mistake, but if a @GOCAS DNF´s in the first round and then supposedly freezed his PC, what else can others do for it?
And then take the excuse that there is then Dsync is very ridiculous!

I finished the old race with @mr.coLd and we had the last 5 laps of rain! I didn´t see a single raindrop in the restart races !! Thus, @GOCAS has set the lobby wrong and is therefore not allowed.

But congratuliation @Aelirenn and @FSN Archer !!

GOCAS

Pro Karter
Apr 9, 2018
First i think its very bad to make this type acusations. I recorded the first race until my pc froze, i do not know the causes of it, this type of problem was happend before in very diferent situaitions not just while i'm playing. And it seems there is a misconception i did not DNF and then pc froze, pc froze and then dnf. Another thing to point out is that there is a AL3 steam group where I asked if every thing was ok after my pc rebooted, people talked about lag and disconections.

I'm sorry for all the problems, I tried and did my best. Also it should had been me to host the second lobby but there was no backup host online. I'am also sorry for the weather I didn't remember that as i was making sure every started and on the right positions.

• Informative
Reactions: MrSascha

Aelirenn

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
I'm sorry for accusing you searching for an excuse to "remake the lobby after you crashed out". That was just the tilt speaking out of me, as a race I was doing good in was decided to be remade. I did not bring this up in here though, I am sure this was not your intention, and you were just thinking it would be the best to remake the lobby. I put screenshots of the discussion going on during the race in the steamgroup into the attachments.

In my opinion it was still an unjustified restart, but let's just have Maddog / Sascha, or whoever make a statement on the matter. No need to start a major drama over that.

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: MrSascha and GOCAS

Hand Solo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 1, 2014
Last night was a **** show but, as I mentioned last night and want to repeat now - what do we learn from this?
The most simple solution is to ensure all drivers log into the AOR Discord server - there is an AL3 voice channel and the simple rule is no chatting during qualifying or race. MrSacha or GOCAS can break radio silence should any issues happen that warrant a restart.

This is a transparent solution that sits outside the game, means everyone can be reached and avoids people having to race with Steam Friends being switched on and pop-ups appearing.

• Informative
Reactions: MrSascha and GOCAS

MrSascha

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Nov 15, 2018

Maddog40

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Apologies for not replying to this situation sooner, I've been in the middle of my A-Levels.

We'll have a talk internally about what to do with these results, but in the meantime I'd just like to draw attention to the rules regarding "mass disconnections". I'd also like to draw attention to the fact that, while the situation was a bit crazy thanks to @MrSascha being absent, everyone said when they signed up they have read these rules.

4.3 Mass disconnections:

● During qualifying, if 4 or more drivers lose connection to the lobby and are unable to get back in, then the lobby will be restarted and qualifying run again from scratch.

● During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in the lobby lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection. A "short period of time" would generally mean a couple of minutes, up to a maximum of 5 minutes. This also includes major de-syncing where the lobby gets split up or the other drivers turn into slow-moving ghost cars on everyone else's screen, even if they are technically still racing on their own screen.

● If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. The new lobby will be created without another qualifying session, and the grid will be set up in the same order as the original qualifying results, using the 'grid editor' feature.

● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

4.4 Lobby restarts:

● The lobby may be restarted by the coordinator in the event of a major issue that affects the normal progression of the session(s). This includes mass disconnections (as per section 4.3 above) and the lobby getting stuck on the loading screen before qualifying or between qualifying and the race.

● If the lobby restart happens after the qualifying session has concluded, the new lobby will be set up with only a race session. In this scenario, the 'grid editor' will be used to place the drivers into their correct qualifying positions. All drivers who qualified in the top 10 will have to select the same tyre compound as they used to set their fastest qualifying lap.
As some people have already said, lets not use this as an excuse to throw blame around unnecessarily, what's happened has happened. I'd suggest that everyone brushes up on the rules as well as making sure they have access to some sort of group conversation (be that steam or preferably Discord) to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.
Link to the rules thread here - https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2018-leagues-season-17.54030/

@Radek11CZ @HoneybadgerF1 @TuRbsOn @Hockeyfighter99 @FSN Archer @Aelirenn @mr.coLd @Kryptox @Doggo @WonnZ @Magneten1 @Yava @kasito nl @Synestros @SilvaTax @El Loco @GOCAS @Elliota @Hand Solo @Patty81

Maddog40

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
I'm reading through the situation now, and I'd quite like some detailed info about what time decisions were made, it'll help make our decisions. I'd like to know what lap the original race was abandoned (Lets say this is the lap where most people left the session), and if possible what the race order was at that point. If anyone has that info/ a stream or VOD I'd quite like to know ( @Aelirenn you said you were posting a VOD?).

Aelirenn

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
@Maddog40 Hey, thanks a lot for taking care of this. I am sorry I did not get it uploaded yet, was a pretty busy week so far for me. I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

My teammate @FSN Archer streamed the race though, and a full VOD is availabe : I set the timestamp to lap 8, most of the people left the lobby in Lap 12 / 13, but judging by the sounds that was when the first messages came in. The lobby was already set up at the point Archer and me left in lap 13 by GOCAS, most of us were chatting in the AL3 steamgroup @9.45 pm CEST, and we startet the remade lobby at 10 pm CEST.

For the race order when the lobby was abandoned: I was leading the race, followed by @FSN Archer and @TuRbsOn . Archer lost the position to Turbson, but that was caused by him pausing the game to check what was going on, and driving on the grass. MrCold was 3rd in lap 12, but has not pitted at that point (he was still on Supersofts), while Archer, Turbson and myself already did. It will be quite hard to reconstruct the exact race order, given that penalties were probably involved etc.

mr.coLd

Semi-Pro Karter
May 4, 2019
@Maddog40 Hey, thanks a lot for taking care of this. I am sorry I did not get it uploaded yet, was a pretty busy week so far for me. I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

My teammate @FSN Archer streamed the race though, and a full VOD is availabe : I set the timestamp to lap 8, most of the people left the lobby in Lap 12 / 13, but judging by the sounds that was when the first messages came in. The lobby was already set up at the point Archer and me left in lap 13 by GOCAS, most of us were chatting in the AL3 steamgroup @9.45 pm CEST, and we startet the remade lobby at 10 pm CEST.

For the race order when the lobby was abandoned: I was leading the race, followed by @FSN Archer and @TuRbsOn . Archer lost the position to Turbson, but that was caused by him pausing the game to check what was going on, and driving on the grass. MrCold was 3rd in lap 12, but has not pitted at that point (he was still on Supersofts), while Archer, Turbson and myself already did. It will be quite hard to reconstruct the exact race order, given that penalties were probably involved etc.

I was in the box ..right behind you @FSN Archer (R9)
on the videos i see shows SS .. am put M...i am sure

Last edited:
Reactions: Aelirenn

Aelirenn

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
Ye I just realised that as well @mr.coLd Good race from you mate !

Uploaded my POV now, it won't have much more information than the one from @FSN Archer , but I have the chat visible in the end as well:

Edit: Fixed the link

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.coLd

Patty81

Junior Karter
May 27, 2019
Hi,

totally disapointing for me, because I had a really good and clean Start, took it easy and gave away places to Doggo, mr.cold and radek11cz, in case of a better start and could hold 9th place until someone infront crashed out and I got Pos. 8. After my Pitstop in Round 8, I came back out on 8 again...
In Round 11 I got P5 after Yava made his Pitstop and I could overtake the disconnected El Loco and El Doggo...
Then 21:43 PM I joined the new session from P5 :/

Unfotunately I got FrontWingDamage in Race 2 in the first Chickane and was crashed out in the 2nd right Corner behind the 2nd Chickane, so my Race was over in Round 1 and Place 13 after the chance of getting some points in Race one :(

Greetings Patty

Last edited:

Maddog40

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Announcement

Following careful deliberation, we have decided to void the results of the Italian Grand Prix. There will not be enough time between the end of the season and the release of F1 2019 to stage a re-run, therefore the Italian Grand Prix will be skipped over.

If anyone has any issues with this or wants to know the reasoning behind this decision then please don't hesitate to DM me.
I hope you all enjoy the week break and come back ready for last 2 races of the season :)

@Radek11CZ @HoneybadgerF1 @TuRbsOn @Hockeyfighter99 @FSN Archer @Aelirenn @mr.coLd @Kryptox @Doggo @WonnZ @Magneten1 @Yava @kasito nl @Synestros @SilvaTax @El Loco @GOCAS @Elliota @Hand Solo @Patty81 @MrSascha