Apr 10, 2018
Round 8 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd June 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If it rains this week I'll literally get lapped on the formation lap.

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Very unofficial reminder:

We are NOT driving Fiat 500s during this weekend on Monza.

Tagging @iJokeri22 just in case he forgets.

• Funny
Reactions: iJokeri22

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Very unofficial reminder:

We are NOT driving Fiat 500s during this weekend on Monza.

Tagging @iJokeri22 just in case he forgets.
Haha I was so slow in the wet last night I might as well have been driving a Fiat 500, probably shouldn't have used my dry setup.

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Please for the love of everything, no more issues today. I would even allow rain at this point, so long as my game makes it through the race :oops:. Looking forward to the temple of speed!

Reactions: VictorWasa

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
disaster. nothing more to say, would have had pretty good pace, even though I have to admit I haven‘t practiced one time this week. Damaged my frontwing and carried on so I lost much time. But at least I had some good battles in the end.

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Dumb game.
Didn't have much pace, and I finished so can't complain too much. But I don't understand how I get so many screenfreezes/lagspikes when I have 100/100Mbps internet and play the game on all Low settings while having almost the recommended specs.
Hope 2019 will be a bit better optimized, 'cause not really enjoying this too much now.

Reactions: P1g3oN

P1g3oN

Formula Karter
Oct 6, 2018
Q: P17
R: P12
My practice was like 10 laps in TT before the race so I didn't expect much. Qualy really showed that, I didn't know where to brake or where to turn.
Race was better. I got front wing damage even before T1, @Skiller Seb#13 was going really slow on the straight and broke a bit before I expected him to. Half of my FW was yellow and I really struggeled with the second chicane, but I wasn't actually any slower than the cars around me. I decided to pit when the SS guys did so I could drive with a better front wing. Finally on my inlap I got used to the front wing and I actually went pretty fast, but then I pitted and it took at least 5 laps to get my pace back with the slidy mediums. After that I was again going really fast, but when I caught up to the cars ahead my lack of practice kicked in and I was missing braking points again so I hit some people and pushed someone off the track. I finished P11 on track, P12 in the standings but I'm sure if I wanted to I could get one of my 3 second penalties removed (It was for cutting the first chicane, but I lost 1.5 seconds compared to normal) and be P11, but it doesn't really matter.

Sorry to everyone I hit or pushed off the track, I didn't do it on purpose, I just couldn't drive cleanly today.

Reactions: TheVerenzak

VictorWasa

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 5, 2017
I did 5 laps or so in time trial before the race. Was horrible. I also just bought iRacing today. Lets just say the difference between a Mazda MX-5 and an F1 car is... "Noticeable".
P10 in qualifying. Couldn't get much worse. I need to work in qualifying pace for F1 2019.

However, I seem to be very good at the starts. Quickly into P2. My tires were completely ruined by lap 5, so I had to pit early.
I let @Icko by, and just tucked in behind him for the rest of the race to save my new soft tires. I charged up the battery and saved fuel, so that I could attack on the last lap. Which I did. Successfully. Nice fight.

Congratulations @Maxxwil ... Yet again.

• Friendly
Reactions: Maxxwil

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Dumb game.
Didn't have much pace, and I finished so can't complain too much. But I don't understand how I get so many screenfreezes/lagspikes when I have 100/100Mbps internet and play the game on all Low settings while having almost the recommended specs.
Hope 2019 will be a bit better optimized, 'cause not really enjoying this too much now.
That being said, I had a lot of fun in the last stint. Battling with @Skiller Seb#13 @P1g3oN @tim_haeusli & @DJesse_GamingNL at the end. Unfortunately didn't have the pace or tyres at the end to keep you all behind me :)

Reactions: P1g3oN

Ghost153

Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
quali - lag spikes and some glitch in this game gave me an insane lap time. stupid game.. i actually had good pace on this track and was constantly pulling 1 20 s and low 1 19s .in time trials
race - i let go most people by turn 6 , but was getting attacked in turn 6 and 7 too . i let go most people but not all cause i definitely didnt deserve to start from the back. was positioned 3rd and then the pit stop tragedy happened , got stuck there forever and just retired. this game needs fixing. anyone i blocked during the first lap was because i was trying to let people go safely and couldnt compromise my line a lot with full fuel.

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
quali - lag spikes and some glitch in this game gave me an insane lap time. stupid game.. i actually had good pace on this track and was constantly pulling 1 20 s and low 1 19s .in time trials
race - i let go most people by turn 6 , but was getting attacked in turn 6 and 7 too . i let go most people but not all cause i definitely didnt deserve to start from the back. was positioned 3rd and then the pit stop tragedy happened , got stuck there forever and just retired. this game needs fixing. anyone i blocked during the first lap was because i was trying to let people go safely and couldnt compromise my line a lot with full fuel.
Im sorry you had that much bad luck... Indeed this game needs to be fixed and let's hope some of the bugs are not present in the 2019 version of the game.