Aug 25, 2017
Round 8 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd June 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Luke Trimm
Mcquiz95

Last edited:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF 10th Race 7th

Crashed in quali and then a masterclass in how not to drive in the wet!

ramma

Formula Karter
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 6

R - DNF

Quali - Fairly uneventful really. Could have been a bit quicker on the supersofts, but when I noticed there was going to be rain I chose to try and best my time on the softs so I could for certain stay out till the rain started, but wasn't able to go faster on them. I rarely have issues with tire wear around here though, so even on the SS's I could manage for quite a while.

Race - This one takes the cake for worst race of mine this season. Just a combination of some silly mistakes, and frustrating rubber-banding causing mostly unavoidable incident (and not just for me it seems). Once the rain did start it was obvious my setup wasn't going to cooperate with the rain. It already was extremely finicky in the dry, so unsurprisingly out of T6 I lost the rear and honestly thought I got away with the wall contact until the front fell off. From then on I just tried to follow some of the action on track and highlight some of what I managed to catch (that finish line spin was quite interesting :unsure:).

Highlights -

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Q - 6

R - DNF

Quali - Fairly uneventful really. Could have been a bit quicker on the supersofts, but when I noticed there was going to be rain I chose to try and best my time on the softs so I could for certain stay out till the rain started, but wasn't able to go faster on them. I rarely have issues with tire wear around here though, so even on the SS's I could manage for quite a while.

Race - This one takes the cake for worst race of mine this season. Just a combination of some silly mistakes, and frustrating rubber-banding causing mostly unavoidable incident (and not just for me it seems). Once the rain did start it was obvious my setup wasn't going to cooperate with the rain. It already was extremely finicky in the dry, so unsurprisingly out of T6 I lost the rear and honestly thought I got away with the wall contact until the front fell off. From then on I just tried to follow some of the action on track and highlight some of what I managed to catch (that finish line spin was quite interesting :unsure:).

Highlights -
Yh thx 4 wreaking my race and u dnt stop to wait ever no point being fast if u cnt stop 4 corners

ramma

Formula Karter
Aug 12, 2018
Yh thx 4 wreaking my race and u dnt stop to wait ever no point being fast if u cnt stop 4 corners
I'm fully to blame for the lap 1 T4 bump and am sorry about that. Just a braking error from having adjusted brake bias before the start.

The second incident though you were rubber-banding for basically the whole main straight. Once it was obvious keeping in the tow would 100% be a crash, I tried to move to the opposite side you were so any jumping by your car wouldn't be an issue.
I'm not exactly sure what happened next, but you came to the racing line which is fine, and I'd anticipated and planned for it even. But going in slowmo from my recording there's a subtle but important oddity right before the contact that I'm not sure if it's a rubber-banding issue, or something else entirely. It's hard to see unless you watch in slowmo, but basically for just a fraction of a second as your car moves over it just seems to erratically change speed (like really small rubber-banding), so that's primarily what I reacted to.

It's just really hard to actually race against lag or packet loss or whatever the issue is that's causing it. It's never my intention to have contact or damage others cars, let alone my own car, or anyones race, but sadly it does happen at times.

Reactions: pete day

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I'm fully to blame for the lap 1 T4 bump and am sorry about that. Just a braking error from having adjusted brake bias before the start.

The second incident though you were rubber-banding for basically the whole main straight. Once it was obvious keeping in the tow would 100% be a crash, I tried to move to the opposite side you were so any jumping by your car wouldn't be an issue.
I'm not exactly sure what happened next, but you came to the racing line which is fine, and I'd anticipated and planned for it even. But going in slowmo from my recording there's a subtle but important oddity right before the contact that I'm not sure if it's a rubber-banding issue, or something else entirely. It's hard to see unless you watch in slowmo, but basically for just a fraction of a second as your car moves over it just seems to erratically change speed (like really small rubber-banding), so that's primarily what I reacted to.

It's just really hard to actually race against lag or packet loss or whatever the issue is that's causing it. It's never my intention to have contact or damage others cars, let alone my own car, or anyones race, but sadly it does happen at times.
All good m8 i was abit laggy in the straight as 2 car popped up and then bang so it cud of been that m8 but the 1st 1 was shocking but all good

Reactions: ramma