Aug 19, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

captinfranko

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2017
Ohhhh I love Austria, which in truth means I'll be about 3 seconds off the pace in quail and then watch everyone drive off up the road in the race. Hopefully I'll get chance to practice for this one though..

Zaid badawi

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2017
What a **** show from me

Qualified low which was expected cuz I was on the SS tires, but I felt there was a good 3-4 tenths to find in my lap, I didn't have enough fuel to go for another run unfortunately

I was lucky not to get taken out by Portuguese at the start as his divebomb was just ridiculous. I made steady progress from then, as so many people were struggling and spinning off. Somehow I found my self in The lead. I pit for softs, was expecting to run my own race till the end, managing the gap to cars, fuel and tires. Then I spun and lost a chunk of my wing. I pit and came out in 6th so 4th was still possible, but I spun on the very next lap and had to change my wing. And when I got past Portuguese on fresh ultras after a 3rd pit stop, I managed to get a yellow front wing so that stopped me from getting 7th. Looking forwards to silverstone I redeem my self and hopefully get the championship lead back

Jonezie1803

Formula Karter
Sep 17, 2017
thought my pace was going to be awful but qualified p10 and only 2-3 tenths off p4. A few people spun ahead of me but in the end happy to take home p5, which is my joint best AOR finish.

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Sep 21, 2017
I had an interesting race, spun off on my own in the fast S lap 3, then on lap 8 over-steered into the pit barrier so had to pit 4 laps earlier than I intended so was forced onto a 2 stop , my pace was good for the rest of the race as I was trying to avoid getting lapped and recovered to 6th somehow. Looking forward to a race at a proper circuit next week, although it was good fun overtaking and thanks to everyone for leaving space when I came into contact with you.

captinfranko

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2017
I really enjoyed this one. Qualifying was the predicted disaster so I decided to try starting on the Super Softs and going as long into the race as I could before two stopping my way to the finish on ultras. Boy did it pay off. First lap was kind to me and I managed to keep my nose clean throughout. I had a great race long battle with AI_Verstappen and absolute grats to him for managing to make those last and make a one stop pay off. I can't believe that I ran as high as 4th at one point and I loved the racing.