PC - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [09/12/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [09/12/18 8:00pm]

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Raceday! Found some pace yesterday and encouraged for today's main event. This track usually has some pretty good races, I'm excited to mix it up with the front runners today and challenge for a podium!

Reactions: Partyfuchs

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Just my luck we get to one of my favourite tracks and I get the flu, I'll still race but don't expect anything special from me this week.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
who done those cool standings graphics a while back? - can maybe include them in ma recording

• Winner
Reactions: Nasom

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016
Seems I wont be racing tonight I have a major practise session in my RF2 League so I cant attend! My first DNS(and maybe for the rest of the season)!

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
This game is so bad, its unbelievable. The amounts of screen freezes is crazy... ffs. Impossible to drive with this ****...

• Agree
Reactions: Kane Jr

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I don't know how you guys record 1:04 lap times especially on SS... I was surprised myself when I recorded a 1:05.

Pretty good result for me in P6. I went SS to S for a one stopper. I think someone took out the pit board or I just didn't see it so I got a 5 second time penalty for speeding in the pits which cost me P5. Anyways, terrific result by my teammate @Partyfuchs for a nice chunk of Renault points!

@Viggen Welcome to F11, but dear God man, you need to stop with the divebombs. You nearly took me and a few others out!

This game is so bad, its unbelievable. The amounts of screen freezes is crazy... ffs. Impossible to drive with this ****...
You scared the daylights out of me with our battle. You were in front of me in S2 and then you disappeared and reappeared behind me and went flying off circuit.

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Qualying was damn close.
Start went pretty good. Many overtakes for 2 Laps until everybody found his pace to go laptiming.
After my pit stop i had some nice battles again with @VictorWasa . Unfortunately he had some freezes during our fights until he somehow disappeared and was 7 sec off myself.
After that i had a lonely race.
I checked the times to the guys at my back who were battling @Kane Jr and @tim_haeusli .
After @tim_haeusli managed to overtake my teammate @Kane Jr he was coming way to close to me which i didn't like at all :)
At the last lap he was able to overtake me but got demoted after his time penalty.

Congratz to the winner and podium for an awesome pace here at Austria and not to forget @Kane Jr for a good result for Renault Sport F1 Team :)

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
That's the first screen freeze free race I've ever done on this game.

That's the good part over.

@Cramps What exactly happened from your view all I saw was your car braking in the middle of the penultimate corner and I had no where to go a shame as we lost an easy 3rd/4th or 4th/5th with that?

Ok just watched the video and the guy coming in the pits went outside the white line and blocked you. :mad:

Last edited:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I don't know how you guys record 1:04 lap times especially on SS... I was surprised myself when I recorded a 1:05.

Pretty good result for me in P6. I went SS to S for a one stopper. I think someone took out the pit board or I just didn't see it so I got a 5 second time penalty for speeding in the pits which cost me P5. Anyways, terrific result by my teammate @Partyfuchs for a nice chunk of Renault points!

@Viggen Welcome to F11, but dear God man, you need to stop with the divebombs. You nearly took me and a few others out!

You scared the daylights out of me with our battle. You were in front of me in S2 and then you disappeared and reappeared behind me and went flying off circuit.

Woupsy, sorry I broke the pit board, hugged the left wall a bit too much :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Kane Jr

oznckr

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 14, 2018

Well, I did 100 laps yesterday and today. That's how i guess.

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
a great race. Battled nearly all race with @menk but came out on top in the end because of his penalties. Also qualifying was freaking intense

Last edited:
Reactions: menk

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Had a not so bad race, despite my stupid brainfart that cost me an orange front wing in the first stint...dumb*ss me. Made me have to push during the entirety of the second stint on the softs. Managed to pass @Steve Jackson , then had a long scrap fending @iJokeri22 off to keep P7 in the end. Did you actually have damage when you hit me in the braking zone @iJokeri22 ?

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Started 5th and knew I had the pace to fight for a podium, held position off the line until @Footyad24 spun right in front of me and I got overtaken by 4 cars under the resulting yellow flag (broken system) then I was shunted into the back of a Renault by @Viggen. Lonely race and my overtakes came from people wrecking and pitstops, boring race at one of my best tracks. Extremely gutted. Onto my best track in Silverstone where I will put in the amount of time required to reach my first win.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Had a not so bad race, despite my stupid brainfart that cost me an orange front wing in the first stint...dumb*ss me. Made me have to push during the entirety of the second stint on the softs. Managed to pass @Steve Jackson , then had a long scrap fending @iJokeri22 off to keep P7 in the end. Did you actually have damage when you hit me in the braking zone @iJokeri22 ?
Nope no damage don't think I actually hit you on my screen or if I did it was very light contact my problem was I had 80% tyres so I was just sat behind you hoping you would have a penalty, had a go on the final lap when I turned my ERS up but there wasn't any space on the outside of turn 2 and I had no tyres to fight you with.

Reactions: Hinyaldee

Cramps

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2018
That's the first screen freeze free race I've ever done on this game.

That's the good part over.

@Cramps What exactly happened from your view all I saw was your car braking in the middle of the penultimate corner and I had no where to go a shame as we lost an easy 3rd/4th or 4th/5th with that?
Dude, i know. First things first tho: I found no rythm at all. Had a good start and a nice fight with @tim_haeusli but couldnt keep up, after tire deg did set in. @iJokeri22 we had a nice fight as well, before and after the first pitstop. Then we came closer to @Jayrayan13 who was still on his first set of tires i think. He either did some drunk driving or some aggressive defending ?! Don't know, but for me the line you took @Jayrayan13 was so unexpected, i thought you were going into the pits, but then you swayed left again and you were so slow. As i was braking pretty hard @iJokeri22, you hit me in the back and kicked me/us into the pits. Worst timing, as we already changed tires 1 or 2 laps earlier.

Thinking about it makes me laugh and mad at the same time :ROFLMAO: What an unfortunate accident, jeeez. After that i really lost any motivation and went for a 3rd stop top get the fastest lap of the race.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
@Viggen People are right, I know that was your first race here among us, but in the future, try to be less aggressive and optimistic with your maneuvers, I saw some of them and they were extremly dangerous. The first 2 laps were full of contacts aswell, I'm lucky I survived all of them.

@Footyad24 @Fass17 I know sometimes with rage it can be tempting to ragequit, but next time, don't leave the lobby.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q:15th

R:14th (SS/US 21)

Didn't expect to be all that competitive and so it proved. Really only found maybe 0.1s more in quali at best which meant nothing in the end. Can't race any setup here, nothing felt good.

In the race it was carnage at the back @Viggen you have to pick your overtakes better than the divebombs, it's called racecraft but you're new, so I'll let it go this time. @Fass17 I'm disappointed you left. You'll get a penalty for that but moreover, you could have raced me. I was pretty much out of it after I spun out twice unforced, then made a hash of defending from @Hinyaldee; on a one-stop any errors mean not in the train, etc. Hung on to @Head Squid for a while after the pitstop, resisted doing a @Skinner, etc.

So pretty much I didn't enjoy any kind of return.

Edit: thinking about it, maybe it would be better @Viggen if you joined at 7:50PM then you'd have gotten to qualify and maybe wouldn't think you have to be gung-ho.