Dec 25, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@sipee95
@Rendo84

Last edited:

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
I went for a ranked 5-lap race today to test how recording affects my FPS and the track turned out to be Austria coincidentally. In this race I encountered an interesting bug that I haven't seen before. We started the race and after we crossed the finish line on Lap 1, the race ended. It showed the winner and everything, like on normal race completion. Let's hope this doesn't happen to us tonight...

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Whenever this happens on lap 1. I'll make sure we'll restart the lobby. Thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: Desmond0313

MrGhostO1O

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 9, 2015
Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, not just with the game but hardware as well, I am forced to pull out of the league. I also have to focus more on my education atm. I would have liked to finish the season just as I always wanted from the start but it just does not let me. I apologize for this drastic decision but it is completely out of my hands at this stage. Thank you for the great racing so far!

I wish you all the best of luck in future races and will definitely keep following them with great interest.

TheLlamaLlama

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Guess I will never finish a race in this league...
Good Qualy and a good first couple of laps but I spun after turn 1 even though I barely clipped the curb which was really odd maybe someday I can finish a race and get a decent result not only this DNF lol

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Damn I feel so bad not finishing this race. I was on P5, was about to get into the DRS-range of @Michaelx99 . Then he spun and I couldn't avoid him properly. So I hit him, then the wall... DNF.

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
I'm so guted by this result.I had such a fun race with battles even tough for the 2nd race in a row my drs was broken for around 7-8 laps which was suuper annoying and i coudnt pass cars and got stuck in traffic.At the end the car was feeling awesome and i could really push but on lap 35 in the middle sector i got on the kerb like i did 34 times before but the car started to slide tried to catch and spun.I am really sorry for @Borderline that he coudnt avoid him and destroyed his result. Hopefully next race i could come back stronger.

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
I had surprisingly good pace compared to my usual form, I feel like since I started using @DaveGaming's camera settings, I can feel the corners better, I always used the offset t-cam before. So thanks for that Dave I guess :unsure::D

Qualifying: I wanted to get as high up the order as I could so I didn't bother with the supersofts, went for the ultras straight away. First run was a 1:04.397 which was provisional pole for some time. By the end when I wanted to go out, I was +0.240s from pole and I knew I could improve in Sector 1 and Sector 3 to get pole. Unfortunately on my final run I messed up in Turn 5 which cost me about 2 tenths. My final time was a 1:04.198 which resulted in P3. If it wasn't for my error in Turn 5, I think I would've just got into the 1:03s and snatched pole, but maybe next time.

Race: I had a bad start but was keeping up with Diesel, we had sort of the same pace, I was faster in some places and he was faster in others. By about Lap 8 our tyres started going off, and since I didn't believe the 1 stop strategy of US - S the game recommended was doable based on my tyre tests, I opted for a 2-stopper with US - SS - SS... which turned out to be a mistake, because the 1-stop was in fact doable... barely. I saw people in the end really struggling on the worn Softs so from that perspective the 2-stop was more controllable. I finished higher than I expected because some people had nasty accidents, I barely avoided 2 of those. First @DaveGaming when he spun after the last corner, then on the penultimate lap I was inches away from completely obliterating @Michaelx99's car after he collided with @Borderline. Here is a video of those, the second one was especially a "HOLY F**KING SWEET BABY JESUS ON A MOTORBIKE" moment :ROFLMAO::

In the end I got P4, so considering I had the wrong strategy, I think I can be satisfied with that, but I'm sorry for the guys who dropped out from ahead.

Congrats @Flash-224 on your win after coming back from a few missed races!;)

Last edited: