Dec 9, 2016
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track guides

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Skinner

Last edited:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
The WDC is being played out between 4 drivers. But the WCC could already be wrapped up by Red Bull. For 2nd place though, the fight is very tight between Force India and McLaren !

Reactions: Dobby

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017
Just wait until there is a spot for this new Australian guy; Ricciardo-esk in his raw talent. He's going to blow you away.

• Scared

return

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 14, 2017
If turn one is going to be same as Baku im looking forward to it:unsure::unsure: not to speak about lap1 uphill lockup bombs, dnf for all!

• Faff
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Thezz

Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2016
The WDC is being played out between 4 drivers. But the WCC could already be wrapped up by Red Bull. For 2nd place though, the fight is very tight between Force India and McLaren !
wait whhhat how many races is it left ??? hahah??

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
:( I've tried to get it off work but we have 2 big parties in tonight and it's just not gonna happen.

I've made them me finish at 7 next week at least.

Fucking gutted

• Informative

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Sorry @Fersiphion , I really did my best to help you there, but I I think I got in your way and make you lose concentration. Unfortunate DNF on the last lap :(

Qualy 9th :

I had a shitty one, and I'm slow anyways, so I don't care anymore about qualifying

Race 6th : US/SS/US

Awesome, just awesome, except for the end. But I loved this race. Didn't have that much fun in a while. I had a lonely first stint following @Breakdown and @SooSiaal . Then on the second stint, I was just chasing and applying pressure on @SooSiaal until I passed him ! Thanks for the awesome fight mate, it was really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to posting the race :) last stint, I was doing some teamwork and helping for @Fersiphion who I let pass, but unfortunately, he lost it on turn 1 on the last lap and crashed... I had 9 secs of penalty aswell, so that moved me down to P6.

Good race overall

Reactions: yobbo

return

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 14, 2017
Qualy 4th: really suprised myself i got there after seeing my social pace.

Race 7th// US/S:
Unfortunate start, slight collision with dobby(my fault)and span out hope i didnt fck u over.
Had pretty shitty pace couldnt break into 09's wich wouldve made my race better if i did, Felt like i was driving on ice last laps on both stints.
All in all happy with 6 points, after a poor start and poor strategy outcome.

• Informative

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017
Qually 7th: Not too bad; disappointingly I was 6ths up on that time in my final qually lap (which would have put me P4/5) when on the final corner that lag spike hitcausing me to skip out into the edge of the track and get a invalidation.

Race: DNF
I had a smashed front wing after a turn 1 incident and was steadily working my way back with a psudo 1-stop (not including first lap wing replacement). I come out behind leaders after my pit-stop and was faster on the fresher tyres but couldnt get past and dirty air caused me to go onto the grass for turn 3, graveled up my tyres and proceeded to spin when coming back on the track and destroyed my car. Disappointing end to my first race. Hopefully I can fill in again next week!

• Informative

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Qually 3rd: Went better then I expected, I turned out to be 3rd on the starting grid :)

Race 4th: After the 1st corner incident I got hit up the inside, but I could correct it fairly easy. After that I had some wheel spin which allowed Axel and Fersiphion to pull away from me. So I was trying to chase them down, but I couldn't keep up with their pace. So I pitted and figured 3rd place would be the best I could do today. Until I saw Axel and Fersiphion dropping back somehow and Axel even losing it in front of me. I was stuck behind Amstar for 50% of the race and he was seriously slowing me down, haha. When I finally got past him sabba7h was to far to catch. Ended up in P3 but my (unfair) timepenalty dropped me back to 4th. Not the best result, but all points matter :)

Graham Thomson

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 14, 2015
Went worse than expected, cannot believe this is the third race I've not finished. Mind you the game is a Joke. I slide off the track and I tap the wall with the lightest of touch and my wheel fell off. What is with that Code Masters!!!!!!

Then I watched the race only to see somebody bouncing off the wall when entering the pits and their wheel didn't fall off. WTF Code Masters!!!!!

Sorry team mate I had a great start all the way from second last to 9th. I was sure I could have scored some points, I managed to score points in Monaco, but bad luck and a bad damage system have made me retired from the last 2 races through no fault of my driving. Feeling cheated because of the inconsistant damage system Code Masters have programmed!

• Friendly