XB1 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Here. We. Go. Looking forward to a good comeback race after the disaster that was Baku

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
US-US-SS or US-SS-US

or

US-S or SS-S

There, we don’t have to speculate what tire strategy we’ll be running.

FatTwinkieMan

Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2017
Hello, new to league racing and looking to join a league. It looked like you had a spot or two open so I'm just wondering if there was any potential to join and, if not, could someone point me elsewhere? Not quite sure exactly how people are put in different leagues and I didn't see a specific thread for it so figured I would just post here because I saw an open spot or two. Thanks!

Last edited:

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, new to league racing and looking to join a league. It looked like you had a spot or two open so I'm just wondering if there was any potential to join and, if not, could someone point me elsewhere? Not quite sure exactly how people are put in different leagues and I didn't see a specific thread for it so figured I would just post here because I saw an open spot or two. Thanks!
I’ll let Joseph handle the logistics portion on how to do that, but I’ll ask the common question.

How fast are you, lol.

FatTwinkieMan

Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2017
I’ll let Joseph handle the logistics portion on how to do that, but I’ll ask the common question.

How fast are you, lol.
Not really sure how to answer that question rn since I'm new to league racing and therefore haven't had others to compare myself to. I spent about 15 minutes in time trial at spa because Joseph said that was one of the tracks i needed to set a lap on and i managed a 1:43.9, which is top 5%. But ofc take out all assist users and idk where that puts me tbh :/

I mean I do career mode on 105 difficulty but i would definitely question the efficacy of using career mode as a measure of speed or skill lol

FatTwinkieMan

Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2017
@FatTwinkieMan all of the instruction on how to join a league are found in this thread: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-f1-2017-xb1-main-sign-up-thread-season-14.24567/

Once you complete TT on those tracks I believe the mods will try and fit you into the league you best belong in given that there's room. Best bet is to knock out the time trials as required and the ping and go from there
Thanks man. I was talking to Joseph and he gave me the whole run down but thank you. any idea how stringent the ping test is? The thing is im doing the test on my pc which has a mediocre wifi connection compared to my xbox which is on ethernet. i still get sub 100 ping (to UK servers) on my pc though so i would imagine thats fine, right? The ping requirements and download/upload speeds requirements are just to weed out those with slow or unreliable internet i would assume?

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Ok a couple laps in tonight and a 1:06.9 is all I can manage with a theoretical .8... Absolutely love the flow of this track, I think it should make for some fun racing with the various spots you can overtake depending on how your launch is out of the corners.

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
Eh, both of you guys will be too busy battling for 10th once turn 1 and 2 happens on lap 4.

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
I had a play with my set up (wheel) and knocked 2 secs off and coming in at 1.10.

Still can't seem to get front pointing into the corners right.

Do auto gears make a massive difference guys?

Dom