PC - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm]

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
Thank you @EditedStorm27. I really enjoyed this one. For me it was one of the most action packed races of the season.
I had to drive a solid pace to stay ahead of @TRL_graveltrap. He was really putting me under pressure in the first couple of laps until
I decided to make an early pit stop. I went for this pit stop because I came up to @AspergerNerd to lap him and he was really weaving around and
I did not want to make any contact or take any risk so I had to slow down massively and decided to go for an undercut strategy.

I could afford it since I was doing the two stop and I would be able to stretch the super softs on the second stint a little longer. And it seemed to
work out. I was quick compared to the one stoppers who I had to pass on my second stint. That made the race also more fun for me. I could be quick and overtake some cars in the process. At last I came up to @EditedStorm27, but he was pitting as soon as I came close to his gearbox. I would have liked to battle with him as well but maybe next race.

So everything was going to plan until I saw @TRL_graveltrap pitting for the soft tire from the ultra softs and I thought I had screwed up. Because now I though he was doing the one stop from the ultra softs and he was only 10 sec behind me after his stop. After I made my final stop to the ultra's, I thought that I really had to push hard in order to be able to overtake @TRL_graveltrap again for the race win. I was gaining more than a second a lap on him when he decided to pit for ultra's for I believe the last 6 or 7 laps of the race. It would have been close if he could stretch the softs to the end and maintain the pace. I don't know if that was your plan @TRL_graveltrap? To go to the end but it did not work out? Because I think if you would have gone to the super softs and then to the ultra's like me then it would have been a lot closer as well.

So generally for me it was a perfect race. But for some other guys this was not at all the case. On the forum we see a couple of posts
of people getting their race ruined from stupid actions of others. Also talking to some other guys after the race it turned out some of
them could have done a lot better if they were not completely destroyed during a battle on track. We have talked about this a lot for the
beginning of the season and I thought people (especially the ones who are here from the beginning) would know by now that dive bombs
and late braking into the first corner can only end up in tears for yourself and others. Please think about this at the start of a race. How will you approach the first corner? When will you brake? It is better to have your mindset on surviving the first couple of corners and laps.

And if you still get destroyed then I think @IntergalacticGentleman is right. Posting the incident on the stewards panel forum is the way to get justice if you feel like you deserve it. Only then I think we can really get the guys to change their driving style who are still not getting it after all these races...

Well this was quite the story again. See you all in Britain guys!

TRL_graveltrap

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 24, 2017
Thank you @EditedStorm27. I really enjoyed this one. For me it was one of the most action packed races of the season.
I had to drive a solid pace to stay ahead of @TRL_graveltrap. He was really putting me under pressure in the first couple of laps until
I decided to make an early pit stop. I went for this pit stop because I came up to @AspergerNerd to lap him and he was really weaving around and
I did not want to make any contact or take any risk so I had to slow down massively and decided to go for an undercut strategy.

I could afford it since I was doing the two stop and I would be able to stretch the super softs on the second stint a little longer. And it seemed to
work out. I was quick compared to the one stoppers who I had to pass on my second stint. That made the race also more fun for me. I could be quick and overtake some cars in the process. At last I came up to @EditedStorm27, but he was pitting as soon as I came close to his gearbox. I would have liked to battle with him as well but maybe next race.

So everything was going to plan until I saw @TRL_graveltrap pitting for the soft tire from the ultra softs and I thought I had screwed up. Because now I though he was doing the one stop from the ultra softs and he was only 10 sec behind me after his stop. After I made my final stop to the ultra's, I thought that I really had to push hard in order to be able to overtake @TRL_graveltrap again for the race win. I was gaining more than a second a lap on him when he decided to pit for ultra's for I believe the last 6 or 7 laps of the race. It would have been close if he could stretch the softs to the end and maintain the pace. I don't know if that was your plan @TRL_graveltrap? To go to the end but it did not work out? Because I think if you would have gone to the super softs and then to the ultra's like me then it would have been a lot closer as well.

So generally for me it was a perfect race. But for some other guys this was not at all the case. On the forum we see a couple of posts
of people getting their race ruined from stupid actions of others. Also talking to some other guys after the race it turned out some of
them could have done a lot better if they were not completely destroyed during a battle on track. We have talked about this a lot for the
beginning of the season and I thought people (especially the ones who are here from the beginning) would know by now that dive bombs
and late braking into the first corner can only end up in tears for yourself and others. Please think about this at the start of a race. How will you approach the first corner? When will you brake? It is better to have your mindset on surviving the first couple of corners and laps.

And if you still get destroyed then I think @IntergalacticGentleman is right. Posting the incident on the stewards panel forum is the way to get justice if you feel like you deserve it. Only then I think we can really get the guys to change their driving style who are still not getting it after all these races...

Well this was quite the story again. See you all in Britain guys!
my plan was the one stop but when i pitted for softs i sped in the pit lane so i thought i may aswell take the penalty and smack on some ultras for the end for a bit of fun.