Jan 14, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
dada.PNG

Just a small reminder... if your qualifying lap is over 1.00:000, then you suck (!!)

This "professional" guy did a lap under 1.00:000 with a McLaren-Honda, seems legit (xD)

- I'm looking forward to this Sunday at the Red Bull Ring!

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Also if you do a time under 1 minute whilst wearing lederhosen we are going to have to start a serious investigation!

Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
jesus, i thought i was doing okay ish with a 1:06:1xx sitting around a second off the F1/2 tiers, that guys clearly found a glitch or something. :unsure::unsure:

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
jesus, i thought i was doing okay ish with a 1:06:1xx sitting around a second off the F1/2 tiers, that guys clearly found a glitch or something. :unsure::unsure:
Me thinks the "glitch" your are referring to with this guy can probably, and rightly so, be called a speed hack, just throwing that out there. ;)

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Me thinks the "glitch" your are referring to with this guy can probably, and rightly so, be called a speed hack, just throwing that out there. ;)
Yeah thats true, more than likely the case tbh!

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
How much practice do you guys do on average? How many laps/hours?
I usually do atleast 2 Grand prix races at the circuit, to test 2 different race strats. same format as the league races, with AI set to 100, i'll usually do about an hour of TT, to see where i sit with ultimate pace at the circuit, but this doesnt always reflect race pace, as setups are different for race to TT and also consistency is key to the race not always 1 lap pace,

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
How much practice do you guys do on average? How many laps/hours?
Normally I practice the day before (Saturday) or on the exact day. This helps me a lot, cause I am more confident due to practising a few hours before the race. I can easily remember the braking points, turning etc.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
I am not quite sure if I'll be racing tonight due to assignments. Hopefully I'll get them done right before the start.

• Informative
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Due to the weather I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it on time.
Most busses were cancelled and the one I’m on now is late, so not sure if I am gonna be able to catch my train. And not sure whether my train’s on time so I can make the connection.

I’ll keep you updated. If I’m not back on time, please behave and don’t forget to make screenshots of the results. Thanks! :)

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Due to the weather I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it on time.
Most busses were cancelled and the one I’m on now is late, so not sure if I am gonna be able to catch my train. And not sure whether my train’s on time so I can make the connection.

I’ll keep you updated. If I’m not back on time, please behave and don’t forget to make screenshots of the results. Thanks! :)
I can grab the screenies for you mate, hopefully you can make it back tho! :)

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Hey Guys, was a nice race today! I didn't get in much practice in this week, so 6th in Q is pretty solid I guess. After the turn 1 incident I was in P3 and was pretty consistent every lap. Glad I could bring home 2nd place, my first fastest lap (which still was absolutely horrible...) and 1st in the constructors! GG @Flips! Now let's defend that position! See you at the next race!

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
hello,
though race, it was fun...but i want to mention that i received 5 sec penalty at the last corner for illegal overtaking @Indigo when he was spinning in the pit lane exit first turn...so?
no evidence footage from me..i still can not record yet, but if somebodyelse received the same penalty like please mention.
Thank you.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy: 8th
Race: 7th

Bad qualy today, kept messing up and cutting corner then on my timed lap i lost 3 tenths on first corner so i definately had more pace,

The race was not a good one this weekend, i missed the braking zone on T1 and then locked up and tapped @Flips apologies for that, after that i was fighting with a few guys and passed those then started fighing with @TwoFiftySix for 3rd but accidentally spun it struggling with dirty air so ended up dropping those positions again, fortunately i was pretty quick on race pace and was on a 1 stopper so i kept up the pace and belief and kept up pace after stopping for Softs with the guys on Supers and Ultra's but unfortunately was taken out by @Niek van Gelder when he spun out, lost my front wing and had to pit again, ended up 7th.

race to forget for me i think :)

POV:

Reactions: Lamp and Flips