PC - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/13/2019 - 8:00PM ET] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/13/2019 - 8:00PM ET]

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy America F1 Leagues - Season 3

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Cavy
- @IntergalacticGentleman

Last edited:

Cavy

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 7, 2019
I will be out of town this weekend, so I will not be able to race on Sunday. Do I need to let Raven know? Have a great race.

• Informative
Reactions: Lundqvistbro

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
I will be out of town this weekend, so I will not be able to race on Sunday. Do I need to let Raven know? Have a great race.
No need to inform Raven, I manage the confirmed absences for F3.

LyneMartel

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
Hi @Lundqvistbro, as discussed following the race, @2Dragons seemed to have rejoined the race in 1st place while he disconnected being in 3+ position. I believe @RhapsoddyX should have finish 1st, and myself 2nd.

You can find here my recording of the race;

23:45 - Race-start: Cahotic first turn for @british_bulldog g, taking out @Fruitsalsa and @Kane Jr
31:33 – 2Dragons rejoins the race
32:20 – 2Dragons become 1st place
36:43 – Gap vs. 2Dragons is +43 sec after 11 laps, with no incidents since start of the race

Hope this helps,
LyneMartel

RhapsoddyX

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
I think it explains it all, thanks mister Lyne, it's an honour and pleasure to race against you. Well driven!

Didn't saw the entire video but why did you lost that much time in the last 10 laps? I spun before you pit, giving a very huge gap.

Edit: I saw you have broken your wing on pit exit. The race was yours for sure.

Last edited:

LyneMartel

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
Edit: I saw you have broken your wing on pit exit. The race was yours for sure.
Yeah you got it, I had a broken wing the last 10 laps. I hesitated to pit to change it but I continued the race. I believe this was the right decision with a ~28 sec lead but 1-2 laps I lost too much time and the time penalties got me. Good race to you too! Looking forward to Silverstone next week :geek:

RhapsoddyX

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
Yeah you got it, I had a broken wing the last 10 laps. I hesitated to pit to change it but I continued the race. I believe this was the right decision with a ~28 sec lead but 1-2 laps I lost too much time and the time penalties got me. Good race to you too! Looking forward to Silverstone next week :geek:
I will marry at saturday, so I'm not sure I will be there. But in the next one for sure!

RhapsoddyX

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
Got it, enjoy that day as much as you can!
Thank you so much sir!

I got some footage from the race too, hope it can help you guys.

- There you can see that I was 1st and LyneMartel was 2nd by a great marging.
- Judging by Lyne's footage, 2DragonS was in 4th or 5th.
- Lyne had the fastest lap, beeing in 2nd.
- At 1:27 of my video, you can see 2DragonS miraculously became 1st, taking me and Lyne down one place each.
- On my minimap and Lyne's, you can see a pink point that was probably 2DragonS, behind codeGreene, when he dropped.
- I never saw 2DragonS the entire race, since he was far behind and pitted 3 times (saw it by the end of the race).
- Lap 9 was when 2DragonS moved from behind codeGreene to like a minute in front of me. In the moment I was pretty sure it was a bug/glitch.
- Lap 12, I pitted. 2DragonS was 43sec in front of Lyne.

I've no hell of idea what happened, it's like he won a lap. (dropped, lost time, came back and won a lap... makes sense judging by the time lost due to drop and the time he was in front of us)

I'm pretty sure codeGreene have more footages.

yours, Rhapsoddy.

EDIT: oh yes, I need RL since it was my third race in the wheel, still learning!

RhapsoddyX

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
Judging by the time won he would sit in 8th. But it's pretty hard to predict since 5th, 6th and 7th have a narrow margin.

By Lap 7:
Me to Lyne = 3sec
Lyne to codeGreene = 3.6sec
codeGreene to 2Dragons = less than a second
TOTAL: 7sec

2Dragons was 43sec in front of Lyne by Lap11, who caught me, meaning 2Dragons won like 50secs, if not a lap (judging by the time lost due to the drop).

2Dragons won the race by 9secs over me.

It would take him down to 41secs, what makes it pretty narrow with 5th, 6th and 7th.

2Dragons

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I don't have any footage (setting up OBS tonight hopefully).

From my perspective it was Lap 7 (or whatever we found out) where I disconnected chasing codeGreene (right behind him, great race 'til then!).

I reconnected less than a minute later and was in 1st place... nobody around me. I was confused, but neither me nor the short-lived AI had pitted so I thought the three people ahead of me at the time (Rhap, Lyne, and code) must have pitted. I later pitted and came out in first... and this point I was suspicious of something, but assumed a crash for the lead had occurred. I pitted again later (odd strat I know) and once again came out first. I was running a good pace (for me) but I knew other guys are just generally faster than me (see my recent finishes: 4th, 5th, 9th [last one owing to spin out]).

I 100% agree I did not win that race legit, but I also don't want to be penalized just because I disconnected, since I otherwise ran a pretty good race (imo).

Regardless, I'll go with whatever Lund settles on since I'm still learning and points don't matter that much to me right now, just glad I finished the race cleanly :p

Let me know if you have any other specific questions for me.

Fruitsalsa

Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Thanks for the info. Do you remember if you had anyone in your line of sight in front or in the back when you finished (that's why I was asking if you finished before or behind Codegreene in the end)? This could help.