PC - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [12/9/18 8:00pm Eastern] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [12/9/18 8:00pm Eastern]

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (US Eastern time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- Lundqvistbro
- ItzTriton
- SharkBait98
- frostaco
- Muddyh20
- MaxKzrRacing

Reserve Driver:
- ItalyForce
- Simsbad
- jalidone

Last edited:

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Sounds good. Let me know what # you'll be using. Cant be a blocked number in the game (current F1 drivers or retired numbers), and cant be currently selected by a driver in the league. Also be sure to get set up on the discord if you dont have it, and put a post in the permission request channel for NA F1. Information for that is in the main thread i think.

ItalyForce

Junior Karter
Nov 26, 2018
Sounds good. Let me know what # you'll be using. Cant be a blocked number in the game (current F1 drivers or retired numbers), and cant be currently selected by a driver in the league. Also be sure to get set up on the discord if you dont have it, and put a post in the permission request channel for NA F1. Information for that is in the main thread i think.

i use #74

MaxKzrRacing

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 7, 2018
Well it happens that I get to experience one of those things I never thought would happen, but the steering shaft in my wheel decided to collapse for some unknown reason. I am fairly confident I will be to return relatively soon but I am considering either replacing the base, or just switching to fanatec from the TX to get better build quality. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Simsbad

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 4, 2018
I can fill in for MaxKzrRacing if he can't race on Sunday (y)

Z3mikey

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 2, 2018
Well it happens that I get to experience one of those things I never thought would happen, but the steering shaft in my wheel decided to collapse for some unknown reason. I am fairly confident I will be to return relatively soon but I am considering either replacing the base, or just switching to fanatec from the TX to get better build quality. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
I've had a CSL Elite with formula rim for over a year now with no problems as long as I keep everything updated. I've never had any other brand but im happy I went straight for Fanatec instead of thrustmaster or something else

jalmenar

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
Guys,

So I hear from Fanatec, it will take them about a month to repair my steering wheel. So I went and bought a TMX wheel and will probably sell it when I get my Fanatec back. So I'm good to drive today, although I'm not competitive at all (I'm not competitive at all anyways lol). So if I can have my seat back, I'm down for the race. But, if the grid is full and everything is set, then I can let my replacement driver race for me, I dont mind it, he is probably more competitive than me anyways. I'll be around tonight just in case someone does not show up.

Thank you all!

Spyder

Pro Karter
Oct 9, 2018
I decided to see just how much faster the top guys in the league really are by using @Some_Idiot ghost while hot lapping. Other then missing the apex at turn 4 and running a little wide, the rest of my lap was error free. My time was a 104.2XX which is about a second off the pace here. Seems I lose a little out of every turn which adds up over a lap. Just thought it was interesting to compare.

Last edited:

ItzTriton

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Hello, I don't think I will race today. I have final exams tomorrow and Tuesday and I want to do well, so I will sit out today. Thank you!

Muddyh20

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
I may be 5minutes - 10 mins late to the lobby.

Sorry lot of traffic in So-Cal

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I apologize if I screwed up anyone's run at the beginning of qualifying. I was locked at 20 FPS and was stuttering like crazy. I also apologize about turn one, lap one. I forgot to turn down the brake bias.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Just want to reiterative a couple of things to the group as a whole:

● Shouting, name-calling and generally speaking rudely is not acceptable. Drivers who are a disruptive influence on the lobby atmosphere will be penalised accordingly, or in extreme cases removed from the league.

● Respect the other drivers. Keep a friendly atmosphere in the race lobby and treat your fellow drivers as equals, regardless of them being quicker or slower than you.
Those rules speak to how we're going to conduct ourselves in the voice lobby. There is a large overall pace gap in this league for this season until we get more sign-ups in the NA time slot to be able to have tiers. People make mistakes under pressure, and not everyone can throw down a top-of-the-leaderboard laptime while managing tires, fuel, ERS, etc. And when all of that is occurring on a track with a lap time barely over 1 minute, traffic and lapped passing situations are going to happen.

● If you are involved in an on-track incident, don't overreact. It may be frustrating, but you need to stay calm and get on with it. Losing out due to another driver's mistake or recklessness is no excuse for retaliation or acting against the rules.

● If another driver does something you feel is against the rules, report it to the Stewards Panel after the race rather than argue about it over the voice chat.
For those of you that do have incidents, getting vocal while upset isnt going to help anything during the race. Make note of when they occurred, and go back and submit stewards inquiries so that the league can handle punishments, warnings, etc in an official capacity. Please do not make posts passive-aggressively calling someone out for a mistake or poor choice.