XB1 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/19 - 20:00UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/19 - 20:00UK]

Bobsleigh Gamer

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2018
I don't think I noticed you moving over, at least I didn't pick up on it, haha
I do have footage, yes. I've not watched it back though.

So, I'm curious: those of you who went onto slicks, did you do it because others around you had done so, did you get info from Jeff it was about to be dry, or some other reason? It absolutely saved my race but I was very confused at the time.
Jeff told me it was gonna be dry in 5 mins about 3 laps in so he clearly knows what he is talking about

• Funny
Reactions: maxen

Jonboy507

Pro Karter
Jul 28, 2019
Highlights of my bad-good-terrible race. Not done a proper wet-dry race in years; back then if I remember right you basically had to be one step ahead of the engineer. If he started saying dries were similar pace to inters, it was already too late to switch. Clearly now he's a bit more accurate and I didn't listen, changing to softs when the track looked a bit dry. I was also influenced by @Chris Leather and @George Roke diving in for slicks before me.

Nonetheless, pleased with second place in Formula 5.5

Key times:
0:04: first qualifying lap
1:50: second qualifying lap
4:21: lights out and grizzly bear channels his inner Vettel
5:01: grizzly bins it and takes me with him
6:02: first of four stops lol
8:44: Barry the magician
12:25: second stop, onto inters
15:06: first of two pointless stops
18:28: stop for slicks, realised my mistake before I'd even rejoined the track :)
22:40: Statto bins it at the finish to gift me fifth place

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Btw @Chris Leather, even though he crashed I'm pretty sure @George Roke should be a classified finisher and get points (currently showing zero points in the standings) for completing more than 90%. I didn't realise it was a retirement, but that means that by crashing on lap 35 he completed 34 laps out of 26, i.e. 94%. (The 90% rule would mean people who finished 33 laps or more get points; 32 or fewer didn't reach 90%.)

Also I'm not sure how @Adamlee-23 is credited with 9th but only got one point? It appears to be the fastest lap point, so either he's a classified finisher at +90% and gets 3 points (2 for 9th, 1 for FL) or 0 points for not finishing as that'd make him ineligible for the fastest lap .

Reactions: Chris Leather

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Btw @Chris Leather, even though he crashed I'm pretty sure @George Roke should be a classified finisher and get points (currently showing zero points in the standings) for completing more than 90%. I didn't realise it was a retirement, but that means that by crashing on lap 35 he completed 34 laps out of 26, i.e. 94%. (The 90% rule would mean people who finished 33 laps or more get points; 32 or fewer didn't reach 90%.)

Also I'm not sure how @Adamlee-23 is credited with 9th but only got one point? It appears to be the fastest lap point, so either he's a classified finisher at +90% and gets 3 points (2 for 9th, 1 for FL) or 0 points for not finishing as that'd make him ineligible for the fastest lap .
aye i forget it changes to 0 haha!

Reactions: maxen