PS4 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/19 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/19 8PM UK Time]

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Jason007
@djl850
@MrRobinhx

Last edited:

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Unfortunately I will not be attending this race due to being out of town. Good luck all!

djl850

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 3, 2019
I’ll also miss this race. I’ll be traveling for work from the 12th-16th.

Fernando Fio

Pro Karter
Jul 30, 2019
@DonSteeringwheel about our accident my time on vsc was over and I had to do a little brake to don’t get penalty but you are so close to me , that’s why you crushed in my back. If you aren’t so close to me this was not happening. Anyway was not my intention make you hit in my back.

Reactions: DonSteeringwheel

DonSteeringwheel

Pro Karter
Jul 19, 2019
@Fernando Fio yes that's the one side that we have to slow down. I also had to slow down. But why not doing it like on the straight before? There we are close but go slow on the brakes and bring it down to normal again. Afterwards as I come into the red area again I slow down but you did a full stop like at a traffic light. It's really unlucky and I'm sad and angry.

Last edited:

Okeke21

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2019
Qualifying P2
Race P1

Managed to get two timed laps in for quali, felt good on a drying track and happy with P2 :)

Race went well, running the alternate strategy to @Kellvinnr3 (Soft to Mediums). @Pxcam and Kellvinnr3 kept me really honest in that first stint and the second stint to try and stay on top. Had a go for fastest lap on the last lap, but Pxcam beat me by a couple of tenths :p

Reactions: Bashful4

DonSteeringwheel

Pro Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Qualifying P9
Race DNF

Qualifying started with @Joost putting me into the wall by spinning as I came out of the pits. Really can happen with the rain, all fine. After that I struggle and spin also once. With time I feel better and have a fine lap which was 0.3sec off from P5 (close qualifying which I really liked).

Race starts with pure chaos. The Renault in front of me was standing so I went on the outside. During the first few corners I made it up to P6. Keeping myself in a good position at the beginning of L2 @Bashful4 goes wide by being too close to @L3W1_UK so that I can get into P5. In L4 after the third DRS zone my wing stays open. So I lose time in the slow section and have to pit according to Jeff. I lose time and as I can't keep the car I spin in the last corner before the pits which makes me spin into the pits nearly and I get damage by going in. So I change to the hards and chase the field from behind. As the others pit I find myself in P8. With the VSC in L25 I find myself in the back of @Fernando Fio which makes me DNF. I had a really good run since Baku. Despite all the incidents that happened I still found myself up from there in the points regularly. Keeping myself out of trouble doesn't help me because no matter what I do every time I end up somewhere no matter how much I pay attention. Disappointed and not really motivated for the next race. Congratulations to the guys on the top. Enjoy your week everybody!

I might do a video of my race until then but for now I just want to get a little distance from that race.

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Qualifying P9
Race DNF

Qualifying started with @Joost putting me into the wall by spinning as I came out of the pits. Really can happen with the rain, all fine. After that I struggle and spin also once. With time I feel better and have a fine lap which was 0.3sec off from P5 (close qualifying which I really liked).

Race starts with pure chaos. The Renault in front of me was standing so I went on the outside. During the first few corners I made it up to P6. Keeping myself in a good position at the beginning of L2 @Bashful4 goes wide by being too close to @L3W1_UK so that I can get into P5. In L4 after the third DRS zone my wing stays open. So I lose time in the slow section and have to pit according to Jeff. I lose time and as I can't keep the car I spin in the last corner before the pits which makes me spin into the pits nearly and I get damage by going in. So I change to the hards and chase the field from behind. As the others pit I find myself in P8. With the VSC in L25 I find myself in the back of @Fernando Fio which makes me DNF. I had a really good run since Baku. Despite all the incidents that happened I still found myself up from there in the points regularly. Keeping myself out of trouble doesn't help me because no matter what I do every time I end up somewhere no matter how much I pay attention. Disappointed and not really motivated for the next race. Congratulations to the guys on the top. Enjoy your week everybody!

I might do a video of my race until then but for now I just want to get a little distance from that race.

Damm Don, that was pretty bad.

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Heres my close call when i was looking to other side other then the track.

Lucky it was Lap 2 with fresh tyres, otherwise, i dont know.

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Q: P6
R: P4

The qualify wasn't very good but decent.
The race started well for me, some mess on Lap 1 get me some positions up, then in lap 2 i almost killed my self has i take my eyes of the track and miss completely the brake zone. From then on was a good battle all the race against @L3W1_UK, 1st and 2nd stint, both with diferent tyres.

Congrats on the podium guys, good race, fun race.

Kellvinnr3

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2017
Q1
P2
Qually in rain was good.
race, did not have the pace on the mediums. Switched to softs but on entry on the pits @Da Eagle was going very safe and slow. I avoided him but did hit the wall (in stream 29:04)

Last edited:
Reactions: Salvo Failla

Okeke21

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2019
Q1
P2
Qually in rain was good.

race, did not have the pace on the mediums. Switched to softs but on entry on the pits @Da Eagle was going very safe and slow. I avoided him but did hit the wall (in stream 29:04)
Hi Kellvin,

Where can I find a link to you stream?

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Q: 15
R: DNF

I had a good start, but there was a Renault car (AntoBF26) who was across on start finish. So, my front wing was gone.
My mood was not good at that time, and the race was gone. Then I had driven a couple of laps untill I turned 360 degrees and my mood was over :(
After that I watched some nice fights of the other drivers, you can see them in my stream.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P7
R: P7
Austria was a funny race, with moments of great battles, expecially with @Philip_66 , mate, amazing side by side. I'm disappointed for the second part of the race, when with the hard tyres I didn't keep the pace of @Pxcam and @Fernando Fio .
Now Silverstone, a fantastic track ;) .

Reactions: Bashful4